The American Humane Association is having their annual Pets and Pals photo contest to recognize all the important contributions animals make in our lives and celebrate the bond between people and their animal companions.
There are four different categories: Best Pals, Families and Pets, Down on the Farm, and Shelter Life.
All entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2007.
More information about the photo contest after the jump.
Remember these basic guidelines for your entry:
* You may enter as many photographs as you wish; however, each photo must be entered separately, with a separate, signed entry/release form.
* Make sure your photo is no larger than 8â€x10â€ and no smaller than 3â€x 5â€. Digital photos must be produced at a minimum of 300 dpi. Do not send photos on CDs or diskettes. Low-quality digital photos on copy or printer paper will not be eligible.
* Put a label on the back of your photo with your name, address, city, state, zip code, the name of your pet and any people in the photo, and the category you are entering. Do not write directly on the photo.
* Donâ€™t put your pet in distress or dress him or her up in costumes. And companion pets should always wear tags!
* Please note that all entries will become the property of the American Humane Association and will not be acknowledged or returned.
All entries must be postmarked by July 31, 2007. Fill out an official application and release form and mail it with your photo to:
American Humane Association
Pets & Pals Photo Contest
63 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112-5117