Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to Cross-Contamination

Our recall list is now up-to-date to include this expansion. Menu Foods is only 1 of several menufacturers, so please check our list for the all recalled brands. If we missed something, do let us know.

UPDATE: The expansion expands again. Menu Foods’ own press releases do NOT match up with their recall expansion list. Pet Food Tracker and PetSitUSA have worked the last several hours checking the lists and added several more brands to the recall expansion. Our recall list is now updated. Again.

ORIGINAL POST: This recall expansion covers dozens of new brands and foods — wet foods only — citing cross-contamination (corrected). This announcement comes more than a month and a half after the initial recall. The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Latest from Menu Foods

Menu Foods says:

Menu Foods has previously recalled wet cat and dog food produced with adulterated wheat gluten supplied by ChemNutra Inc. Menu Foods is now expanding the recall to include cuts and gravy and select other products which do not include ChemNutra wheat gluten but which were manufactured at any of Menu Foods’ plants during the period that ChemNutra wheat gluten was used at that plant, to the extent they have not already been subject to a recall, due to the possibility of cross-contamination. Menu Foods has received a report from a customer and has received study results, both of which indicate cross-contamination.

(Hey Menu Foods, please just send us an email next time. Now we know why you visted 30 times today. Your identity will be kept confidential.)

Brands covered in expansion are listed after the jump. New brands are marked (New). Castor and Pollux’s recall of their Natural Ultramix food is included.

P.S. Keep everyone up-to-date with accurate recall lists. Put this button on your Web site. Or urge them to sign up to our Pet Safety Alert emails.

US Recall Expansion

• Meijer’s Main Choice
  • Natural Ultramix (New)
  • Nu Pet (New)
  • Nutriplan
  • Nutro
  • Paws
  • Performatrin Ultra (New)
  • Pet Pride
  • Presidents Choice
  • Price Chopper
  • Priority Canada
  • Priority US
  • Roche Brothers (New)
  • Roundy’s (New)
  • Schnucks
  • Sophistacat
  • Special Kitty Canada
  • Springfield Prize
  • Stuzzy Gold (New)
  • Triumph (New)
  • Wegmans
  • Western Family Canada (New)
  • White Rose
  • Winn Dixie
  • Your Pet (New)

Dog Food

• Authority
  • Award
  • Best Choice
  • Compliments (New)
  • Co-Op Gold (New)
  • Hannaford
  • Health Diet Gourmet Cusine (New)
  • Hill Country Fare (New)
  • Hy Vee
  • La Griffe (New)
  • Master Choice (New)
  • Natural Life
  • Nu Pet (New)
  • Ol’ Roy Canada
  • Performatrin Ultra (New)
  • Pet Pride/Good n Meaty
  • Presidents Choice
  • Priority US
  • Schnucks
  • Springfield Prize
  • Stater Brothers
  • Triumph (New)
  • Truly (New)
  • Western Family Canada (New)
  • Western Family US

• Meijer’s Main Choice
  • Natural Ultramix (NEW)
  • Nu Pet (NEW)
  • Nutriplan
  • Nutro
  • Paws
  • Performatrin Ultra (NEW)
  • Pet Pride
  • Presidents Choice
  • Price Chopper
  • Priority Canada (NEW)
  • Priority US
  • Roche Brothers
  • Roundy’s (NEW)
  • Schnucks
  • Sophistacat
  • Special Kitty Canada
  • Springfield Prize
  • Triumph (NEW)
  • Wegmans
  • Western Family Canada (NEW)
  • White Rose
  • Winn Dixie
  • Your Pet (NEW)

Dog Food:

• Authority
  • Award
  • Best Choice
  • Compliments
  • Co-Op Gold (NEW)
  • Hannaford
  • Health Diet Gourmet Cuisine (NEW)
  • Hill Country Fare (NEW)
  • Hy Vee
  • La Griffe (NEW)
  • Master Choice (NEW)
  • Natural Life
  • Nu Pet (NEW)
  • Ol’ Roy Canada
  • Performatrin Ultra (NEW)
  • Pet Pride / Good n Meaty
  • Presidents Choice
  • Priority US
  • Schnucks
  • Springfield Prize
  • Stater Brothers
  • Triumph (NEW)
  • Truly (NEW)
  • Western Family Canada (NEW)
  • Western Family US

279 Responses to “Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to Cross-Contamination”

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All

1. Cathi says:

Genny….I know how you feel. My cat was on Natural Balance and my vet bills are high too. I hope your pets will be okay. This whole thing is horrible. Good luck.

2. Angelbaby says:

It is about time that this recall has happened. It was just a matter oof time before animals get sick, I am so sorry for the animals who had to lose there lives over this. Why aren’t the FDA looking at the other carcinagens that they put in foods. BHA/BHT and Ethoxiquin that are in some of the foods, hint!hint! HILLS!!!!

3. anneh says:

I make my dog’s food (meat/veg/brown rice) BUT we are feeding a feral cat so can someone please tell me what to get , have to admit we have been giving a can of Friskies daily and now not sure if it is safe :(
    anneh

I check their site at least twice a day–checked it this morning and there were no new additions. Keep checking it because they added recall items to the lists before without notification. Was reading what was on the PetSmart “pull” pdf list for 5/1/07 and started getting suspicious when I got to the new additions for Nutro, and decided to have a look at their site–there it all was, dated 5/2/07.

In light of this, do all the companies who needed to “re-evaluate” their dealing with Menu still need to do so?

The answer should be VERY clear. It would seem that all occurrences from the beginning of this consititute breach of contract by Menu and a company need not continue their relationship with them unless they wish to do that. Not unless you enjoy seeing your brand name in the wrong kind of headlines and being boycotted by those who know you contract Menu Foods. It would be far less troublesome just to close your doors than to let Menu put you out of business.

Also wonder what tune Wysong’s gonna be singing after this? For all they know, “cross-contamination” could happened to their brand next at a Menu Foods plant.

Proof of the old saying that there’s no honor among thieves (Menu & ChemNutra)–they’re equally guilty, but each is bending over backwards trying to implicate the other.

MENU SUX FOR SURE!

5. Gudewife says:

Hey AAFCO…explain to me again why there’s no legal requirement to clean machinery between production runs….

6. robin says:

Does anybody know by who and where the Natural Balance Dog rolls are made? I am showing my dog this weekend and am afraid to use them. Anybody with any homemade ideas-please post.

7. Ann H says:

Look on PFI for dear Kurt’s email addy.

And, don’t forget

Ann H.

8. Annie says:

Why the hell didn’t all these pet food plants close down and clean out the place. My God, what are these people doing it’s May 2,this nightmare started March 16. ,oh lets not forget the 3 weeks they keep their fat mouths shut while they sold their stocks. THEY DIDN’T CARE ABOUT THE PETS THAT WERE DRYING EATING THIS POISON.

9. Flamin says:

Sheesh, maybe by next month they will get to the people food. Looks like it will take that long to finish the animal food/ feed, bee protein feed. It’s to wide spread, so they will wait till people start dieing off, since they have no clue how much is toxic to humans.

The FDA and Codex are totally brain dead. And these Eeeeediots want even more power!

10. Kaffe says:

Natural Ultamix cat canned foo is on the new list of recalls. Natural Ultramix is a Castor and Pollux product; yet Castor and Pollux’s website still maintains that all their foods are safe. I just bought a coupl of cans of Castor and Polux Organix for my two boys to try thining that surey since it is a certified organic pet food it must be safe. Now, there is this “cross contamination” thing! I have only fed one of the cans and noticed nothing different. Even so, I think I’ll withold the second can. What next? Yesterday, I bought Evenger’s; Evo; and Nature;s Variety Prairie raw rabbit. I am rotating my cats’ food so much with home-made stuff to that I am amazed that my cats have not been having belly aches!

11. Norris says:

requirement to clean machinery between production runs….

I’m Celiac can’t eat wheat gluten, I’ve been wondreing about people food production too. I posted and hinted about cross-contamination last week.

mmmm I like M&M’s Mars? wonder where my M&M’s came from.

12. YaYa says:

You know, I was just thinking some of this through.

The Cross-Contaminations could be in several places.

Where the actual “glutens” are stored, before the pocessing part of the plant; and the it could be in the actual: mixing, cooking or testing rooms? Anywhere else you could think of? Equipment that moves such Huge loads of the ingredients could be “dirty” too I spose.

I don’t know Which of the Menu Foods Plants it could be {and they ain’t talkin’!}, {it doesn’t really matter does it at this point}; But, They just had the FDA do a Raid there {in Kansas} last week right. So you’d think they would have CLEANED things STERILE! Before, during and after!

The thing is, that the AMOUNT {of the contaminants}that it would take, for such a Lab results to show this NOW {and since the March Recall},

Would have to be CONSIDERABLE in SIZE of Contaminants.
    What are the odds of 2 seperate Lab results NOW showing up Positive???

{this says Volume {Big}, to me personally}

Unless they thought the whole mess had passed and they were scot-free?

Now It IS *Their* Responsibility {or lack there of}. As they admit it IS Cross Contamination. That Can’t be Blamed on an outside source.
    Don’t see a way out of it, this time, for them.

Yep, would have to be a hefty amount IMHO.

And all those poor people who thought the Bad ’stuff’ had been remove and gotten rid of.

We’re right back where we Started.

No Chances Left Now Menu Foods. It’s OVER!

13. DaveyD says:

It’s time they (or someone) posted a list of every damn product they make…You have to believe that nothing they manufacture is safe… Pet owners deserve a list of every thing they make…NOW
    I’m sure P&G and Purina don’t want a list like that to come out.

14. robin says:

DavetD,

Good idea and in every plant they own.

We need T-shirts and bumper stickers:

Save A Pet: Boycott Menu Foods!

16. Stephanie says:

Kaffe-

Castor and Pollux now has it up on the recall page of their website.

17. KatieKat says:

lanie, I use Innova as well, i only have a couple cans left but decided against getting anymore until I see if Menu is goign to keep making it, or if Natura will go ahead and find other canning facilities.

I personally have not heard about anything be recalled from Menu’s South Dakota plant. If anyone knows differently please tell us?

18. Stephanie says:

Menusux

I would love one of those T-shirts.

19. nancy says:

Absolutely disgusting. Another recall triggered by a pet parent, not by menu, because they didn’t clean the freaking equipment. So what else got cross-contaminated? bacteria, molds, aflatoxins, allergens into hypoallergenic foods? Why didn’t they test ALL the foods they manufacture when the recall happened? We need to put them out of business ASAP.

20. Love my dog says:

I AM JUST TOTALLY SHOCKED AT ALL THESE RECALLS I HAVE A BAG OF KIBBLES AND BITS MINI AFTER THERE GONE I’M GOING TO START MAKING MY OWN DR. FOX HAS A GREAT ONE ON HIS WEB SITE AND ITS EASY TO MAKE AND ITS VERY HEALTHY HE HAS ONE FOR DOGS AND CATS THANKS A MILLION ITCHMO FOR ALL YOUR NEWS OUR NEWS PAPER HASN’T HAD ANYTHING IN IT ABOUT THE RECALL IN ABOUT A WEEK OR IT MUST BE SO SMALL I DIDN’T SEE IT THANKS AGAIN MJ

21. DaveyD says:

ITCHMO….It’s time for all readers to find out EVERYTHING they produce, recalled or not…and start listing them. All pet owners deserve it.

22. Deb says:

I work part time as a product rep……NO pet products.

Complaining about product lines in the store…..will not get the product pulled…..HOWEVER……DAMAGED PACKAGING WILL!!!!! Either the rep or the store will pull it and send it back for credit. The downside of this some stores to massive donations of damaged packages to shelters (the stores that do this usually post the cause). WE as consumers have to take action…anyway we can…..consider it public service work (LOL)!

For ANI….is there a complete product listing anywhere??

23. elizabeth says:

Not sure I’m buyin’ the “cross-contamination” story. I think it’s more bad ingredients and possibly something that was NOT on the labels and NOT supposed to be in the recipe per Menu’s contracts. Just a hunch, here.

24. lanie says:

ellie-
    thanks for your input. I’m hoping that the North Dakota plant wasn’t contaminated. I don’t trust them though. who knows what they really put in the foods when no one’s looking.
    katiekat-
    I’m paranoid about the Innova but I’m sticking with it for now. have you found another canned cat food not made by Menu? my cats won’t eat foods like Felidae that have chunks of rice in it, so I’m at a loss. I have to find a company for raw food that works (I tried 2 in the past and had problems) or start cooking myself…

25. Deb says:

Norris….I think M&M is still being produced in Hackettstown, NJ.

26. Renee says:

I am beyond words right now, just so frightened and disgusted. Fox5 News here in New York City just spent a whole 22 seconds on the topic- ‘Contaminated Chickens that has developed from the pet food recall back in March’. Yeah, very informative Fox5, thanks for nothing! The newscasters read about 6 sentences of information, showed a quick flash of a KFC restaurant and that was it, onto the next topic….American Idol Chatter, which of course is what people really want to hear about. Ugh, I’m sickened.

27. Wendy44 says:

Yes, we need a complete list of everything made my menu and American Nutrition, recalled or not. Boycott Hills while your at it too, they pump their prescription diets full of synthetic toxins!!!

JanC Says:
    I would say anything that’s made at Menu (any plant), ANI or Diamond should be off limits for a while……I was afraid of cross contamination. Any food that’s made in any of those plants should be considered suspect. I really believe this is not the end of it. Why they are trickling in & not just recalling everything at once is beyond me.

Remember Blue Buffalo kitten dry formula was manufactured at CJ Foods not ANI so CJ Foods should be avoided also.

From ITCHMO article april 26th where is blue buffalo really made

C.J. Foods was sold (and recalled) as Blue Buffalo’s Spa Select Kitten Dry Food.

29. justjeneric says:

I decided last week to either home cook or go raw so I ordered Dr. Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats. It came in the mail tonite and, let me tell you, after reading most of it, I don’t want to ever eat again let alone feed my dog processed food. Simply disgusting what goes into pet food - and a lot of human food, too. How can they get away with it - what does the FDA really do?

What about this:

We have a fairly good idea what brands are produced by Menu; what about returning any non-recalled Menu-made items you may have to the retailer you bought them from for a refund and/or store credit for another food? Mostly all of them have a “satisfaction or your money back” on their labels.

It sends a message to large stores who contract them to produce their “house brands”, it sends one to those labels who contract them to produce their brand(s) and it sends one to Menu.

31. Deb says:

Annie…..my thought too about the plant shuts…..I have years of MFG’ing experience (not food) behind me. During the year it was normal to shut a machine down for emergency repairs, all sorts of issues. Once a year we shut the entire floor……rebuilt machines, did code work, cleaned etc. This was a normal practice. In fact when America’s major industry was MFG’ing….the first two weeks of July was the tradation shutdown period nationwide. I think we can list the reasons why the plants didn’t shut down…..we can start off with lost productivity….concern for quarterly numbers…..I would really like to give these folks the benefit of the doubt concerning stupity….for some reason I think someone just forgot to think this out all the way….GEEZ….the place has be extremely dusty.

I have this feeling…..if and when they do a plant clean up……it will be outsourced to a Haz-Mat crew.

32. Laurie says:

RE: robin’s quote:

Oh, the final straw (is this really true?) the CEO of Menufoods DUMPS HIS STOCK[?!!!!] prior to announcing the recall? [I need proof of this to believe it….]

Ah……why aren’t these *#!%@#)@ prosecuted?! The level of corporate/political greed is maddening! Really, we are reliving the era of the Robber Barons and the beginning of the Fall of Rome! (perhaps hyperbole….) But, really!!! What happened to positive role models? Even our President certainly is not one! Argh…..

# robin Says:
    May 2nd, 2007 at 9:20 pm

Cat Lady,

I agree with no more Menu ever as well as no more Am. Nut, again ever. They don’t clean between runs. Hell, they might waste a pound or two of product. These jerks don’t ever deserve a second chance. They cut the corners buy buying the cheap chinese glutens, not cleaning the equipment, putting stuff in the can that wasn’t on the label, they made their own bed so let them sleep in it. Oh and don’t forget about the criminal ceo of Menu who dumped his stock prior to warning the public of the tainted food.

33. Flamin says:

Why are these pet food, animal feed, fertilizer, insect feed business, waiting for the FDA/Codex to do something! Why don’t they have the decency to test their products themselves, and recall their products. These companies know who they are, and what the bleppin *censored* is going on! They know even if they say made in the USA, or whatever country, they buy cheap ingredients from China and don’t mention that on their labels!

This only one internet site, companies buy cheap ingredients from

I have a Celiac child Norris, all our food has these ingredients in them. Vegetarian food too. The FDA says they don’t need to recall chicken, or hogs, because of the “dilution” and that people don’t eat chicken 3 times a day, every day! But what about the Vegetarians, Celiac’s, or people with special diets!
    This IS what we eat every day! For the love of God , What’s wrong with these people!

34. Amy says:

Deb - Opened cans would count as damaged packaging… many pet foods have pop tops… I’m not saying anything but if those pop tops somehow got popped open then they would have to be pulled off the shelves and the food wouldn’t be suitable for donation… that’s one way to get ‘em off the shelves… but you didn’t hear it from me ;)

35. Wendy44 says:

For any of you wondering about the status of Natura’s opening thier own canning facility, I have sent them an email We’ll see if I get a response.

36. Lisa Clay says:

After the first recall, I stopped feeding food made at ANY Menu plant, even though the product was NOT recalled. Although I must have appeared paranoid at the time, I am feeling justified in my paranoia.

The only foods I am feeding now are Halo Spot’s Stew, Evangers (when I am able to find it), Artemis, (which I just ordered and the cats like) and Merrick.

Deep down, I have doubts about ALL the products made, but right now I am trying to keep the faith in the products I am feeding.

Again, KUDOS to Itchmo for all the hard work. I signed up to vote for your site as best Animal Blog.

37. stephie says:

I don’t know why more people don’t just feed raw. our cats & dogs are carnivores after all, they’re not meant to be eating wheat gluten! animals that eat a proper raw diet don’t get renal failure, diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, & allergic dermatitis etc etc.
    it’s a total myth that it’s bad & people & animals will get sick.
    a myth that has been perpetuated by the pet food companies telling vets who believe them!!

38. Sandy says:

Itchmo Admin, I do not know how to contact you privately..sorry…..but the ads that are pet food related on here all say SAFETY APPROVED See the ads….who approved them? I know you have nothing to do with this but you may wanna ban all petfood ads on here…false claims ?

39. Genny says:

Jami: When I was reading your post b/4 I saw your siggy , I thought “Gee, that sounds just like Jami. (I want to call them all the “C” word but I don’t ever say that one so I’ll refrain.) How’s Gumba???

Cathy: Thanks so much. Which Natural Balance flavors were your kitties eating and how are they doing? Hope they are well.

This is OT but since everyone is here or will be, I’d like some advise and opinions. I posted this question over the w/e on another Itchmo blogg but it must have been too late and didn’t get any response.

My cat kept trying to pee w/o success and then would lay in his litter box. Vet said he had distended bladder and catherization revealed crystals. He said it was not related to poisoned food, just high ph balance and recommend prescription SD or Purina something Vet brand - of course. I told him I did not trust any SD products or most of anything at this point. He then suggested Purina One which I told him he’d been eating b/4 all this crap started. Told him what he’d been eating recently….Inovva, Wellness and just started Kumpicat…all dry and several wet w/o glutens. He said this can happen on premium food, also, and crystals probably started when I changed him to these foods.

I know cats get these crystals, esp. males, but what do you all think about his theory of switching from a store brand to premo foods bringing on the crystals? I don’t know what to think any more. Any opions appreciated.

Thanks!

40. K.C.'s mama says:

How can we avoid buying anything manufactured at Menu Foods since the labels don’t give that information!!????
    This is waaay past the point of being ridiculous!!

41. ~Martha~ says:

robin,

I called Natural Balance and asked them who made their meat rolls. They told me the meat rolls are made at their own plant in California.

But then they also told me ANI was not going to be the next plant to recall…..and that very afternoon of my call they DID just that!

I am hoping the rolls are still OK. All my doggies are 13 years old or over and a few of them are not eating the chicken like they were at first when I started home-cooking….so I have resorted to filling in with the rolls again.

42. Deb says:

Ann….pop tops…yeah. Dented cans….bad for the company’s rep (LOL)…they go back to claims too….of course you spaz out and drop at least a dozen of them….brooms in grocery carts pointed at a certain angle….big points for that one!!!! You can almost clear a shelf. Hint….grocery stores….no one is ever in pet….the big retailer the staff all take break at the same time. Bags……I slipped with a box cutter today…took out several bags…pens poke holes in bags…..you know dog food bags make a real good table top….when you need to check something off your list. Consider it dumping ketchup on that garnish on your table……spare the next person….LOL. Sorry…..we all have to find ways to amuse ourselves at work. I pretty much don’t get questioned because I am a vendor….if I do I tell them I am doing a study on the pet industry for my masters….it works like a charm. I really have to find a better box cutter….mine is neon green. Oh yeah……then I make it a point to show the staff the damaged bags……of course I go back and check to see if they are in claims. In grocery….I just take the damaged goods back myself…..but I know everyone I am dealing with.

This whole thing is annoying the cr*p out of me.

43. Amy says:

Genny - I would get a 2nd opinion I think your vet might just be trying to sell you the prescription food he gets kickbacks on. Ugh hate to say it but we all know just how greedy all these pet industry people can be. If you do a quick google search on something like ‘premium pet food and crystals’ or similar I think you’ll find the answer. Here’s just one site I found where they explain how the prescription diets prevent crystals by eliminating magnesium which is actually essential to your pet’s diet

here’s another:

44. MRB says:

Dr Pitcairn’s Book is an excellent resource. We refer to it extensively in our research.

The recall is likely to continue to grow as contaminants in commercial dog food are revealed under the light of laboratory analysis independent of pet food industry hype.

See what is included in pet and dog food, but not bragged about by the manufacturers at:

45. Nancy Payne says:

My youngest cat developed a bladder infection in March. My oldest cat developed sores all over his body in January and is being treated for an immune system problem. My third cat ballooned up to 21 pounds over the last couple of months. My dog started having behavioral issues, got a bladder infection in December and started marking in the house. In December and January Nutro was giving away free sample foil pouches of wet cat food if you purchased a certain size bag of dry food. This is the same exact food that was recalled. All of my cats and my dog were eating Nutro. I have been struggling with this for 5 months. I have charged about $1,300.00 in vet bills. My vet switched all of my cats to Hill’s Prescription Diet z/d (this is a hypo-allergenic food) in March before the recall, thinking it was a food allergy problem. I am paying $48.00 for a 10 pound bag of dry cat food, and the small cans of wet z/d cat food are $1.85 per can. The bladder problems, sores and weight issues are getting better. After the recall, I switched my dog to Canidae Chicken and Rice formula dry food. His bladder problem seems to have resolved and he stopped marking in the house. Think of all the furry kids out there who are still sick but not showing clear cut symptoms. I have to keep taking all 4 animals back for lab work to the tune of $45.00 for each urinalysis, and $65.00 each for blood work. This has not only been a nightmare for me, the animals freak out every time I get the carriers or the leash out, thinking they are on their way back to the vet for more owies. We feel betrayed that our food sources are so unreliable that pets and maybe people are getting sick, not to mention the financial hardship this has caused. I have to take off work to take my animals to the vet. What about all the cranky, out of sorts animals and humans out there that might be sick from this that have not been diagnosed yet. I am researching raw and natural diets for my animals. I worry about the food I feed my family. I feel like the FDA/USDA really let America down.

46. Wendy44 says:

Genny, although I’m not a vet or anything, one of my cats has urinary crystals because his urine is too alkaline. He was put on Hills c/d to lower the pH. I recently switched him to Flint River Ranch, because it says low magnesium, ash, and pH controlling acidifiers like DL -Methionine. So maybe the foods you were feeding before were controlling his urine acidity enough, and the new ones aren’t? Just a guess. But he will need to be on a special diet for the rest of his life, and there IS an alternative to crappy Hills. Have your vet check out Flint River Ranch to see if it would suit him.

47. Amy says:

Yeah, Deb, I’ll just play dumb blonde as I walk down the aisle accidentally tearing open the pet food bags with my keys… oh, oops, did I do that? Aw, darn, I’m so sorry! Oh, I’m not supposed pull on these rings on the tops of the cat food cans? But I LIKE rings! Durrrrr… just a dumb blonde… silly me!

I have officially had it up to HERE with all of this… I’m irritable and grumpy but thankfully my girl cat is doing so much better. She goes back in on Friday to recheck her kidneys. Of course the vet is on PTO that day but I’ll have results on Monday.

Menu itself has provided quite an extensive list of the products they make for large chains and branded products:

Just take a look at the names of the foods on both of their recall lists above. Not all of the various product lines for the chains and branded products were recalled.

You see, for example, that Menu makes Ol’ Roy pouched meals for dogs, and that they make Special Kitty pouched meals for Wal-Mart as well. You see that they make Nutro foods, and so on. So, returning and/or not buying these brands is the way to boycott Menu. We know Wysong deals with them, so they’re on the “list” re: boycotting too. Menu has told us mostly every large company they deal with on that recall list–all the way to Nestle/Purina with Alpo & Mighty Dog.

For the branded products, Menu’s been kind enough to give one a link to the branded company’s website–the Mighty Dog listing on Menu’s website takes you to mightydog.com. And from there the next step takes you to Nestle/Purina, the parent company.

Menu’s provided a lot of useful information for this, I think.

49. Cathi says:

Genny….My cat is on Felidae now and doing much better. I had him at the vet again on Friday and she pushed Hills a/d and Royal Canin on me. 3 cans of each. She told me if he didn’t eat this food, he will get very sick. I refused to take it and she got pretty upset with me. (He was having a hard time adjusting to the Felidae and wouldn’t eat it.) I was pretty upset about the whole vet trip and am looking for a new vet. What a nightmare.

50. robin says:

Martha,

Thanks for the info on the rolls. I’m new to showing my dog and the rolls work great for bait in the ring. I’d make my own if I knew a decent recipe.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Show All