Cat Survives In Rubble Remains Of House Burned Down By Angora (Lake Tahoe) Fire

Angora FireSouth Lake Tahoe resident, Steve Yingling, was finally able to return to his home destroyed by the Angora Fire. All that remained was rubble.

Amidst the destruction, Yingling found a wonderful surprise: his 15-year-old cat, Kit Cat.

“Then I heard a noise at the base of the chimney, where a metal damper is,” Yingling said. “She stuck her nose out. She looked like she was dazed from smoke inhalation.”

Kit Cat was frisky enough to come out of her hiding place and approach the Yinglings. Her paws were burned, but apart from that, the feline seemed little worse for the wear.

“She’s a survivor,” Yingling said.

Yingling said that when his family was trying to evacuate out of the house, Kit Cat bolted out the door and they felt bad that they had left her behind.

Source: signonsandiego.com

One Response to “Cat Survives In Rubble Remains Of House Burned Down By Angora (Lake Tahoe) Fire”

  1. Trudy Jackson says:

    I’m so glad Kit Kat survived. I always think about the animals in these kinds of fires.


Close
E-mail It