Jelly can deal with anything, including cooperhead snakes.
This nine-year-old cat survived an encounter with a copperhead snake wrapped around her neck. Jelly was walking around the yard when her owner Wendy Wallis spotted her.
Wallis called wildlife rescuers to remove the snake and said both animals seemed happy to be rid of each other’s company. Jelly didn’t show any signs of a snake bite the first night, but by the morning, Wallis said Jelly was almost paralyzed.
Jelly was rushed to the veterinarian and was pumped full of anti-venom, and the veterinarian said she should fully recover.
Wallis said she was able to quickly take this photo of Jelly while the snake was still around her neck.