Ever wonder what your cat’s different meows, purring, and hisses mean? Well, here is a translation guide to your cat’s different sounds.
- miaowbu: Feed me.
- mrooww: I love you.
- mrow: I feel like making noise.
- rrrow-mawww: Please, the time is come to tidy the cat box.
- rrrow-miawww: I have remedied the cat box untidiness by shoveling the contents as far out of the box as was practical.
- Miaowmioaw: Have you noticed the shortage of available cat toys in this room?
- mioawmioaw: Since I can find nothing better to play with, I shall see what happens when I sharpen my claws on this handy piece of furniture.
- raowwwww: I think I shall now spend time licking the most private parts of my anatomy.
- mrowwwww: I am now recalling, with sorrow, that some of my private parts did not return with me from that visit to the vet.
- Roww-maww-roww: I am so glad to see that you have returned home with both arms full of groceries. I will now rub myself against your legs and attempt to trip you as you walk towards the kitchen.
- gakk-ak-ak: My digestive passages seem to have formed a hairball. Wherever could this have come from? I shall leave it here upon the carpeting.
- mowww!: I was enjoying snuggling and shedding in the warm clean laundry until you removed me so unkindly.
- Miaow! Miaow!: I have discovered that, although one may be able to wedge his body through the gap behind the stove and into that little drawer filled with pots and pans, the reverse path is slightly more difficult to navigate.
- Mraakk!: Oh, small bird! Please come over here.
- ssssRoww!: I believe that I have found a woodchuck or similar animal.
- mmmmmmm: If I sit in the sunshine for another hour or so, I think I shall be satisfied.
- Mreeeow: Do you serve catnip with that?
- mroow: I have forced my body into a tiny space in order to look cute. How’m I doin?
- Miaooww! Mriaow!: Since you are using the can opener, I am certain that you understand the value of a well-fed and pampered cat. Please continue.
More cat translations after the jump.