Dog Lost In Fire May Have Caused The Blaze

Maine authorities say that Kansas, a six-month-old German shepherd, apparently turned on an electric stove burner when he was trying to reach some food that was nearby (a habit that he had recently picked up). The fire resulted in Kansas’s death and $60,000 in damages to the house. Firefighters tried to administer oxygen to the dog but were unsuccessful. The owners were not at home at the time of the fire.

Source: sunjournal.com

2 Responses to “Dog Lost In Fire May Have Caused The Blaze”

  1. JJ says:

    If that poor dog’s owners knew he was in the habit of going for that food, why did they place it close to the stove? They could have easily prevented this tragedy by simply storing the food out of reach. It’s amazing how careless people can be.

  2. kaefamily says:

    It was a puppy! Would anyone leave a 6 month old baby alone in the house?


Close
E-mail It