Dog Needs Viagara Donations To Stay Alive

Ingrid

Have extra Viagra pills lying around the house? If you do, then Ingrid, a 4-year-old pit bull, needs them.

Ingrid was rescued in April by a Long Island animal shelter after being near death from heartworms. A vet suggested giving Viagra to Ingrid to keep her blood vessels open.

“We were really worried she wouldn’t make it,” Stein said during a phone interview with WNBC.com. “There was such a turnaround after or week or so of the Viagra; she just became a new dog. She perked up and was lively, just like any other dog.”

More on Ingrid and how Viagra has saved her life after the jump.

From wnbc.com:

Now, the shelter is seeking Viagra donations from local residents to help keep Ingrid alive. The shelter cannot afford to pay $10 for each Viagra pill that Ingrid needs on a daily basis.

“If 200 people could send us just one pill, that would be good for seven months,” Stein [a spokesperson for the shelter] said.

Stein said that when Ingrid is adopted, the shelter will provide a lifetime supply of Viagra to the owner.

The shelter is also accepting cash donations to purchase the little blue pills.

“Ingrid is a sweetheart of a dog that anyone would be proud or happy to own,” Stein said.

5 Responses to “Dog Needs Viagara Donations To Stay Alive”

  1. dog collar addict says:

    didn’t know that viagara would be good for that!

  2. furball mom says:

    Does this mean that Ingrid still has heartworms living in her heart/arteries?? Won’t they continue to increase in number? Is she contagious to other dogs because of the heartworm? I am not knowledgable on the subject…can someone enlighten me?

  3. Pit Bull Lover says:

    No more heartworms, but her heart is damaged because of them. The first link above, http://www.itchmo.com/read/via....._20070529, explains more.

  4. furball mom says:

    Thanks, PBL! :)

  5. Heartworm Prevention For Dogs | Itchmo says:

    […] 60% of dogs are protected from mosquito transmitted heartworm disease which means the other 40% is susceptible to heartworm. And this is unacceptable to Dr. Thomas Nelson, president of the American Heartworm […]


Close
E-mail It