Dog Saves Man From Fire, Cat May Have Been Culprit

Thumper has saved the day. This black Labrador retriever, alerted her owner of a fire in the house.

Roland Cote, Thumper’s owner, said the dog grabbed his arm and woke him up from his sleep to alert him of the fire. Both Cote and Thumper were able to escape the house in the nick of time.

Investigators with the fire department believe that the fire was caused by a kerosene lantern that Princess, Cote’s cat, tipped over. The lantern, used as a night light, melted the rubber gas line to the refrigerator and spread quickly throughout the rest of the house.

Everyone made it out of the fire unharmed, except for Princess — her tail was singed by the flames.

Perhaps Princess was set up to look like the “evil cat”?

Source: Bangor News

(Thanks Lynne)

8 Responses to “Dog Saves Man From Fire, Cat May Have Been Culprit”

  1. Bridgett says:

    That was definitely a set up.

  2. mittens says:

    a kerosene lamp night light? ok- this is like little house of the freakin prairie,right?

    we have this new fangled thing called electricity that comes right in the house and makes the magic light fire without the dangerous fire…much safer. how is the refrigerator powered? fan belt and a gerbil on a busy wheel?

    Maine-iac.

  3. Lis says:

    Blaming the cat–waaaay too convenient!

    Somebody–some human, most likely, set up that kerosene lamp as a “night light” and left it in the cat’s path. Clearly a frame-up of the innocent kitty for the human’s destructive intentions!

  4. KimS says:

    Using a kerosene lamp as a night light is insane, dangerous and irresponsible. Oh well. If you can’t afford electricity, why don’t you go to sleep when the sun goes down, keep a pee pot by the bed and wake up with the roosters.

  5. chris says:

    Failure to cat-proof your house means it is YOUR fault when the cat burns it down. I know they are just trying to be funny, but this is a Bad Headline.

  6. catmom5 says:

    kerosene lantern left on all night as a night light? just plain dumb!!!

  7. 2CatMom says:

    There is NOTHING in my house that has a flame. Its just asking for trouble. No candles, no lighters no nothing!

  8. Jenny says:

    Don’t blame the poor cat. Leaving a kerosene lamp unattended is plain human stupidity.


Close
E-mail It