Dog Survives Swallowing Wii Remote

Wii Remote in DogThis is yet another story to remind us pet owners to be mindful of what we leave out around our curious and hungry pets.

The Becknell family took their three-year-old Labrador retriever to the veterinarian when the dog started vomiting blood.

The animal hospital took X-rays of the dog’s stomach and it appeared that there was a TV remote in his stomach. The veterinarian induced vomiting on the dog. Pieces of an old TV remote came out from the dog’s stomach, but there was something else in there besides the TV remote.

“The vet started massaging the dog’s belly and it just came flying out of the dog,” said Marie Becknell. “I knew what it was right away by the color and shape of it. It was my son’s video game remote. The dog had swallowed the boy’s Nintendo Wii controller.”

The curious dog had to undergo surgery to have the remote removed. He recovered from his ordeal, but the Wii Remote did not fare so well. It had to be tossed into the garbage.

The son’s punishment for leaving the controller out was two weeks allowance to replace the Wii remote.

Source: CVG Online

Photo: GamePro

Comments are closed.


Close
E-mail It