Ellen DeGeneres Becomes Owner Of Halo Pet Food Company

HaloHalo, Purely For Pets recently announced that talk show host Ellen DeGeneres has become an owner of the all-natural pet care company. The announcement comes at a time when Halo is expanding its product line and retail presence for its all-natural pet food and pet care products in the U.S. market. The company has expanded distribution with a variety of major retail chains such as Whole Foods and Petco.

“I can’t tell you how honored I am to be a part of a company that believes in treating your pets as well as you treat yourself,” said DeGeneres. “Everything about Halo is great. I’ve been using all of their products long before I decided to invest in the company. I attribute my shiny coat to their all-natural supplements.”

She added, “If you love your pets, you only want the very best for them, and this food is the highest quality. And if you forget to go to the grocery store, you can actually split a can with your dog. If you’re going with the lamb, I’d recommend a nice Pinot.”

“This is a defining moment in the history of Halo,” said Halo President Alan Kerzner. “After more than a year of discussions, we’re delighted to have Ellen join our family, especially at this time of exciting growth. We are a company built on the foundation of providing the best possible care to pets and Ellen wholeheartedly shares our beliefs.”

(Thanks menusux)

60 Responses to “Ellen DeGeneres Becomes Owner Of Halo Pet Food Company”

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

1. joellen says:

This of course is such a gimmick. Ellen can say what she wants about Halo. it is an awful company that makes canned and kibbled food! No different than Purina.
    While there are people who truly want to feed there animals better, Halo is not the way to go. Halo does not use human grade ingredients as reported and certainly does not use organic ingredients. Buyer Beware! Ellen has been mislead or she is intentionally misleading those who would seek to feed their companions truly good food. Halo does not say human grade anywhere on their website.
    Publicity reigns. This to will pass. The public is not stupid. Just because Ellen DeGeneres says this is good pet food, doesn’t make it so. Remember Iggy!
    This food is not “all natural” whatever that means. You can’t put meat in a bag without preservatives. And the canned stuff… Go ahead Ellen take a bite! This is not all natural, human grade or organic, which of course is what our animals and humans should eat. READ LABELS! Halo is not an “all natural pet food” far from it!

What Ellen didn’t mention is that she’s only PART owner of Halo. Who owns the rest? Here’s the release their PR Company sent out:

February 29, 2008

“Ellen DeGeneres Becomes Part Owner of Halo, Purely For Pets®

“Pegasus Capital Advisors, a private equity fund manager with offices in New York and Cos Cob, CT, holds majority ownership in Halo, Purely for Pets. Founded in 1995, Pegasus provides capital to middle market companies across a wide range of industries, and has particular interest in businesses that make a meaningful contribution to society by positively affecting the environment, contributing to sustainability and enabling healthy living.”

Pegasus Capital website.

So here we have another holding company–think Bain Capital, former owner of Nutro before Mars purchased it last year; that was also a holding company.

3. KAEfamily says:

Even if the label LOUDLY proclaims, “ORGANIC, HUMAN GRADED” I would still not believe it. What would stop the company from lying?

4. Robert Davis says:

Don’t forget to read section 7 of the “terms and conditions of sale” on their website - very interesting how the legalise basically says they are not responsible for anything you buy from them. I emailed their customer service on Sunday and still have NO response!

Check out the Itchmo Forums - there is some discussion about this there.

Robert

5. Frogdogz says:

Let’s hope Ellen is better at being a responsible pet food company owner than she is at being a responsible pet owner.

If her past track record is anything to judge by, she’ll get sick of the company and give it to one of her employees within the month.

6. Merlin Marshall says:

Right on Frogdogz, I was going to make a similar comment, that at least when she gets tired of the company and gives it away, it won’t be affecting the welfare of a living creature.

7. Denise says:

wow I have never heard of this company and will not use it but i think we should try and contact her. She should not make a claim that is not true. take care everyone

8. Nicole says:

I actually fed this on occasion when I couldn’t make my own. I thought it was a great food at the time. But then within the past month or so I noticed a label change. It used to say made in a human food plant. That is gone. And also now it says distributed by Halo instead of manufactured for and distributed by Halo. The ingredients changed slightly also. I stopped using the food because I felt they were hiding the real owner. It was my opinion that some big company purchased the product. I do think this was a good food at one time and now I bet one of the big manufacturere’s of crappy food has gobbled it up.

Just like Pill Pockets. It used to have the digestive enzymes for dogs taking antibiotics. I mean that was the whole point. You could only buy it at the vet. Now it is in Pet smart. Now Greenies (blech) owns it. The key ingredients to help a dog taking meds are gone and I am just so sick of these small companies selling out and the big giants buying and ruining a good product. They are shameful,. On both sides. Pill pockets saved my dog’s life at a time that I had to give him many antibiotics over a prolonged period of time and now if I give him just one he itches for days. What have you greedy thieves done!!

9. Nora and Rufus says:

One lady created Halo pets and in the beginning she did the homecooking herself. WHAT HAPPENED!

She sold out just like everyone else.

11. Mia says:

I have used Halo freeze dried chicken as supplimental treat for my very allergic Westie. I m not happy with the news but have not seen a current Halo product. Ouch, it seems I will continue my home cooking. No thanks Ellen…stick to your schtick ( pun intended) Mia, using up old stuff

12. iggy says:

Don’t buy this “HALO” pet food! If Ellen DeGeneres thinks it is so great to own a pet food Co, but not a dog “Iggy” I don’t think I can buy your pet food sorry ellen!! doing it for iggy.

13. Nancy VB says:

I agree with Iggy. If Ellen doesn’t understand dog behavior (they chase cats??!!!) and can’t train a dog (to not chase the cats, DUH!) than how can we trust that she knows about dog nutrition?
    I think it’s funny that a pet food company would associate themselves with Ellen’s name. What, do they live under a rock?

14. mittens says:

my cats wouldn’t touch it and i knew they wouldn’t the minute i opened it. it was a watery mess of veggie slush- where’s the damn protein? cats need protein not cranberries and celery. they’re cats not hippie vegans. i bought it once a year ago at the height of the pet food scare and never again. rubbish.i can’t be spending a dollar a can for food they wont touch.

i really don’t care who owns it and i have no particular negative feelings about ellen in general- i just dont care about her in a neutral way. i still think the rescue she dealt with behaved in a fashion consistant with aggravated mental illness. a mass of drama queens who know less about human and animal behaviour and needs than they think they do.self appointed cross hangers/martyrs and ‘experts’.

after all that’s happened ive gone back to what i was always feeding my long lived cats while trying to ween the new group of kibble fed rescues and ferals off the dry-9 lives, friskies ,ground only which is all they would ever eat. they get my food- the meat- cut up in put in. theyre healthy and happy and their coats are better then when i first got them. i cant see spending more money for food that’s technically no better then the major brands in terms of quality.

15. Nicole says:

Mittens I agree with you about the cat food. I had purchased the cat food also and my cat would not eat it. I also spoke to the company at that time because I noticed the food had very little protein. A can of cat food has 4.5% and dog food has 3.5%. And I asked about the calcium to phosphoreus ratio and it is higher than it should be. I believe it was 3:1 or 4:1. So I called the company …this was long ago when the lady in the kitchen still made the food …and was told that the food was formulated for cats and dogs with renal failure so that is why the protein was so low. I think people need to be aware of this.

I also have noticed another difference in this food within the past several months. Before this time the food actually smelled good. Then many months ago, even before the new can with the new label, it started smelling bad. It smelled just like tin. Tin was the only smell. I actually threw away many cans thinking that it must be bad when now I realize this was a deliberate change in the quality. There was a distinct point in time that the smell changed. I will bet it was when the company was bought. They left it in the old can for several months, then my guess is that after the grace period where they are allowed to keep old labels, they changed the label which just happened. It really smells gross. The new cans are also smaller (2 oz smaller) and the price is the same.

Today my husband had a conversation with a small pet food owner and the pet food owner said that since Ellen is marketing this as sold in PETCO, people think that is the only place it is sold. We all know that Petco only sells food from the lousy manufacturers. My guess is there is some holding company at the top of the Petco pyramid and all these crappy companies probably own it which is why they won’t allow GOOD food to be sold in this store.

I do care who owns a food because basically what it ends up being is the crappy food sold under a name that people trusted. It is deceit.

16. rikki says:

Unreal…this is obviously a ploy to garner good press after all the negativity created by her….ahem…contribution to “Iggygate”.

I’ll boycott Halo and Petco too for running adds for her - yuck.

17. Jade says:

This is over priced junk. $35.00 or an 18 pound bag of garbage.

I really hate the way marketers spin their words to make their product sound better than what it is. “Natural” Pet Food means nothing - they even state on their web site “made with real ingredients” - as opposed to fake ingredients? I guess that means the chicken was actually alive at some point and not a rubber chicken used in one of Ellen’s old comedy stunts… I can’t find anything on their web site stating that the ingredients used are for human consumption or even “human grade” (which does NOT mean for human consumption). Seriously - I’d love to see Ellen crack open a can of food and grab a fork.

19. CPOM says:

This is not related to the press release but I wanted to share my story:

I’ve been using this product along with the dry food since mid-May 2008 for my mini-schnauzer puppy. She loved it. Then, about 1 month later, she became very ill with something we attributed to toxicity or a bug bite and she miraculously improved, literally overnight, with IV fluids, fasting, and not other treatment. She hadn’t been quite right since then.
    She started eating her food with less vigor; she used to clean her plate but not any more. She had alternating vomiting and diarrhea episodes, where she became really depressed and, after 2 weeks, she lost the desire to eat or drink and ended up back at the emergency hospital with the same symptoms as the first incident. Her blood work was a disaster: lethal levels of sodium and chloride, high cholesterol, bad kidney function and extremely low glucose levels from the vomiting. She stayed at the hospital for 2 nights (IV fluids the first day only). She was better the next day—the same as the first time. My vet had no clue what it was. He checked for Addison’s disease, liver shunts, diabetes insipidus…. nothing. We consulted two other vets, my breeder, my breeder’s vet… no one new what was wrong.
    The day she left the hospital, her blood work showed vast improvement: sodium down from 200 to 167, glucose up, cholesterol down at least 200 pts (it was about 569 when she came in). I brought her home, fed her Halo food (she love it), fed her again in the morning and, 3 hours later, she crashed again—diarrhea, vomit, depression, drooling…. the same. Took her to the vet again, he gave her fluids and put her on the prescription dog food W/D. I brought her home, fed her, fed her again in the morning, fed her again at night and here I am, the next day, with the energetic puppy I hadn’t seen in weeks (she’s only 4 1/2 months old). Her blood work is back to normal.
    I honestly don’t know if it’s the Halo dog food that made my dog so sick she nearly died three times in as many weeks (it’s hard for me to believe any pet food could cause such a violent reaction) but I needed to put this here in case anyone has had this happen or can offer any insight. These are relatively new formulas so I would just advise anyone with ANY pet food to watch your dog closely for any changes in their behavior—even a month or two after trying a new food— especially in light of the previous problems with pet food contamination. You really never know so it’s better to be safe than sorry, for your pet’s sake.

20. Heather K says:

Wow I am very surprised to read all these negative comments about Halo foods. Many of which I notice are by people who have not even tried the food. I have a 13 year old cat with kidney falure (CRF) and this food has been a MIRACLE food for her. Her BUN went from 35 to 13 ( normal) on this food and she LOVES it. It is a great food for any cat owners with cats with CRF / kidney issues. Much better than the Hills KD that i was getting at my vet or Wellness. I highly recommend this product, in fact I have gotten 3 of my local pet food stores to stock it!

Heather K Toronto, Canada

21. Dan says:

My dogs have been eating Spots stew for 5 months now. My oldest Bichon had sensitive skin…. not anymore! My youngest Bichon has even better hair than before due to Halo…. You people are full of dogcrap for writing negative comments about something you apparently no very little about…. Oh, I really don’t like Ellen Degenerate at all… she is pretty much fake. BUT…. The Spots stew is really good. imho

22. rosealma says:

I have been feeding my cockapoo Nutro Choice for over a year and he has loved it. Last spring he wasn’t eating it until he was starving so I switched to their Ultra a couple of weeks ago and he is not eating that either so I trid a bag of Halo Spots chicken and he likes it but I don’t like his stools. They are huge and very mushy like they would be with Purina or someother corn based food. Tonight I am going to try Natural Balance. I have to find something he will like and is good for him.

23. dogsaremylife says:

Anonymous, you don’t know what you are talking about so you should shut your BIG FAT MOUTH. I live in the Nashville area and happen to know that this food is made at Vietti Chili. WHICH MAKES HUMAN FOOD!!!!! I know people that work there and I know that’s where it is made. Your lies make me sick to my stomach!!! Just because you don’t like ellen doesn’t give you the right to make false statements about this wonderful product.

24. Kim/Wishaven Animal Rehabilitation says:

OK, all you “Ellen Critics,” unless you are cooking balanced meals for your companion animals, what in the name of Dog are YOU feeding? Nutro? Diamond? Just because your animal “hasn’t had any problems,” are you just waiting for them? Now THAT is irresponsible pet ownership! It certainly seems as if very, very few of you have done much, if any research regarding the pet food recall. You need to do your homework, folks. Check to see not only if the brand has had recalls among its products, but if the manufacturer/sourcing agent has distributed recalled ingredients/foods. Please do share what you find.

I personally prepare most of the food for the animals in my rehab. I do keep a premium kibble on-hand for emergencies. Nutrition is the central focus of my rehabilitative efforts, so you can bet that I make certain that what I am feeding is the most suitable and highest quality available.

And so what if Ellen is part-owner of this company? Who really gives a damn, as long as our companions have access to wholesome food without the addition of aflatoxins, acetaminophen, melamine, and other poisons.

25. Pam says:

Wow I wish I’d read all these comments before I fed my cats Halo. They normally love trying new dry food and I thought I was making a good choice, but after two bites all three of them walked away. And then one of them vomited all of it right back up. I noticed that the food has an unusual odor to it and I threw it away. I really think that this is not the high quality product they say it is. I’m glad I only bought a small bag, although even that was expensive. Oh and I’ve noticed that today my three healthy cats are lethargic which is unusual so I think that Halo cat food is not a good choice.

26. Freddy says:

You guys are extremists. You take yourselves too seriously. From an outsiders view looking in the dialogue is a little nuts. Some of it I can even tell is hogwash from either someone with an ax to grind or a competitor. I’m not a huge fan of Ellen, but reality is she has nothing to do with it. She’s just a face and an investor. I won’t go into all the reasons but after 1 week it is clear, Halo is unmistakably the best dog food we’ve used - period!

27. Pibble says:

I agree with Freddy and Kim. Look at the recall lists. I’ve never seen Halo on them, ever. I’ve never used Halo, although I’m going to give it a try for my little guy with sensitive skin. I volunteer in a no-kill shelter and both the director there and veterinarians I use and talk to have recommended this food.

Just because Petco sells it, doesn’t mean it’s a terrible food. The Petco in our area also sells Innova, Diamond, Blue Buffalo, and Wilderness. Gosh, I’ve heard that these are also fairly good brands… Has anyone ever thought that Petco might be trying to rebuild its image? Might be too late, but maybe they’re trying.

And, I don’t know why “menusux” is getting so wired - ALL companies have disclaimers and legalese; that’s just business as usual. Check any company out there, not just Halo’s. Not one company would ever think of doing business without a disclaimer and tons of legal protection.

And why is everyone blaming Ellen? She’s an animal lover, and anything she says, even about dogs chasing cats, is just part of the shtick. C’mon, guys.

The long and short of it is that any company’s products can do harm. It’s up to us as responsible pet owners to make the best choices we possibly can on behalf of our pets.

28. Jeni says:

I go to this reputable animal food supply store near my home. I went up and down the aisles reading all the ingredients and comparing all different dog foods. My malipoo has very sensitive stomach and skin. I have changed his food more than I like. I was told to find a high protein dog food and Halo is the only one that I found that has the highest amount of protein. I decided to go with the Salmon. So far so good. He loves it! I don’t understand all the negative feedback about this food. So what if Ellen is part owner, as long as it is well made dog food. Who do you think owns natural balance? Before going to halo, my little guy was on natural balance and I heard too many horror stories from that line of dog food.

I am very happy with Halo, and I know it’s only been a month so far. If anything changes I will update my comment.

29. Michelle says:

Just an fyi…

The AAFCO Board (Association of American Feed Control Officials), which is the regulatory agency for animal foods, actually prohibits the printing of ”Human Grade” on pet food packaging

30. Lauren says:

I am a manager at an all-natural pet food store for the past three years and I can tell you that Halo is an amazing product. It is one of the BEST products we have at our store. We sell Innova, Wellness, Solid Gold and Nature’s Variety and Halo is up there with the best!

31. Lauren says:

I retract my last statement. I think it’s a great food but after looking on the lables there is a lot of stuff missing. I am a little pissed off that they’d change things and not let stores know because we have to hear the customers complains and then we sound uneducated on the product we’re selling.

32. Pam says:

Well I decided to try Halo for cats again. Thought maybe the first bag was just a bad bag. But nope. What went down came right back up. Maybe the dog food is okay but I will not buy the cat food again and I’ve told everyone I know from my vet to the folks at the animal shelter where I volunteer. This is just not a good product for cats. And just because it hasn’t been recalled doesn’t make it okay. It just means the problems haven’t been reported.

33. Cathy says:

Wow, I’m so glad I found this website. Ellen was on QVC selling Halo pet food today and I was tempted to buy it, but 7 cans and a 3 lb. bag of cat food for $27 (that includes the shipping) seemed like a lot of money to me so I passed on it. My cats haven’t liked any of the “natural” cat foods I’ve given them yet and it’s too expensive to throw this stuff away. The show host actually ate the food from the can and the chicken treats, but Ellen didn’t touch it!

34. mj says:

It is more helpful if you post your personal experience with Halo products as opposed to venting your opinions regarding a celebrity. I do not allow celebrity endorsements to affect the products I purchase - whether it is an automobile or pet food. I came to this web-site seeking the honest opinions of those who have personal experience with Halo products. A very small percentage of the postings actually address the product quality.

Ellen is a vegan. Vegan is defined by Merriam-Webster.com as: a strict vegetarian who consumes no animal food or dairy products; also: one who abstains from using animal products (as leather). She reiterated this fact on QVC. Perhaps this is the reason she didn’t ingest the food herself. The host (Carolyn Gracie) is not a vegan.

Our cat has been fed an expensive dry cat food since appearing at our door three years ago, and she’s worth it. She was a starving, almost dead stray. Now she is the happy and thriving queen of our home. She occasionally eats too fast or becomes nervous and vomits her food immediately after eating. This can occur with any brand food. I am considering trying Halo, especially after the last pet food contamination issue. If I do, I will follow my vet’s advice: “If you change your pet’s diet, it should be done gradually over a week or two by mixing the new food with the old. Start with 1/4 new food and 3/4 old and gradually increase the ratio until your pet is happy with the new food.” As always, your pet’s eating habits and health should be monitored closely.

I will post an update if our cat tries the Halo products.

35. Jscaretaker says:

I’ve fed both my cat and dog Spots Stew off and on for years. They both thrive on it! I rotate between premium brands every few months or so (heeding the gradual change rule) and my pets seem to like Spots Stew the best. Their coats are healthy looking, there’s lots of fiber in the food (helpful to my dog) and I think these arguments against Halo are just hooey! It’s expensive, but I’d spend the extra money on something else anyway.

36. a3doglife says:

I agree with mj. I came here looking for any useful info but All I read is opinions about Ellen & that’s no help at all. I also don’t care who endorses a product as long as it is what it says it is and if It won’t kill my dogs. they are my babies and are in better health the us. we have always used pedigree (made by pedigree)for all our dogs(25+yrs)because it works … thru a few litters to old age. Never contaminated or on any recall list -ever.
    I don’t care what the label reads, I wouldn’t eat it anyway…neither would most pet owners. Come on, dogs eat dirt, dead things & some not… etc. I don’t lick their bowls either but that doesn’t mean I would feed them anything but the best foods. I’d like to get opinions from users of halo products who use it or have any leave out the celeb bashing. Again It’s not mike vic! It’s Ellen for pete’s sake. by the way if you made a comment about Iggy and new the whole story you would have heard the circumstances and understood, we have all taken in a pet or two that did not fit your family, wether it was timing or behavioral problems and I’m sure you would not have found it as good a home, you probably drop it in the street!

37. Loraine in San Diego, CA says:

Holy Crap…get lives, I mean really???? Have you nothing better to do than bash someone for investing in a company? Iggy please!!! Have you never rehomed a pet? It is a painful, difficult decision and hard on everyone. If the food is garbage, don’t buy it. I understand your concerns but this is America and we have choices; if you want to spend all of your free time blending pet food and talking trash, that is YOUR choice but I should not have to be subjected to (nor should she) a wide barrage of Ellen Bashing over a flipin can of dog food.

Loraine in San Diego, CA

38. Zeny in NYC says:

My 9 year old chihuahua got sick from the Pedigree I was feeding him. He never suffered from upset stomach nor bloody stool and all of a sudden this was happening. My vet recommended to change his food to Halo which he also sells at his office. Together we researched and compared the ingredients on line and I realized how much more natural Halo brand is. I am glad I changed my pets food and he has loved it since the first day he tried it. Of course as someone else mentioned, you have to make the change gradually or your pet will get sick. The fact that Ellen is endorsing and is co owner of this brand should have no reflection on the quality of the food or who sells it.

39. Andy says:

We just finished watching Ellen on QVC and decided to do research on Halo. As I read all the comments on this page I can’t help but to notice the enormous amount of irresponsible pet owners. Everyone who owns a pet should know that you must not suddenly change your pet’s food. Let me repeat that… “DO NOT suddenly change your pet’s food!”. Of course your pet get’s ill if you go from Fancy Feast to Halo, wouldn’t you? Try eating McDonalds every day then eating nothing but healthy salads. The first few days will be rough. With that said, we will be trying the food out and will post again in 30 days with an honest assessment.

40. Nao says:

I think everyone who uses the whole iggy ordeal as a reason not to buy Halo pet food is a little ridiculous. Nobody can doubt that Ellen loves animals and she didn’t harm Iggy in any way. The whole drama of it was that the family was losing iggy - not that iggy had been mistreated or neglected in any way.
    I agree with Andy - a lot of people on here show themselves as slightly ignorant or irresponsible as dog owners just by what they have posted.
    In my experience Halo is a great product and I will happily continue buying it… whether Ellen is at the helm or not…The fact that she is is just a bonus!

41. REM says:

You people need to get a life. I personally do not watch Ellen but I do watch QVC and trust Carolyn Gracie as her pets are her children. I have a 4 month old Eng. Bull. I had her on Blue Buffalo but she never finished her food
    and always wanted to go to my other dogs bowl. I bought Halo both dry and canned. I purchased at PETCO. My puppy absolutely loves it. And it is regulated by the AAFCO which also tests all the dog food. Who cares who owns the company as long as they put out a quality product. And also just like any human foods affect us certain dog foods can affect certain dogs. Halo is a great product and I have done my research as my dog was not inexpensive and I want to have her with me for many years to come.

42. joyce says:

i have been feeding my 13 year old cat Halo for 3 months now, she has had constipation problems, she is still going every 3 days instead of every day but is more alert and likes the food. I do see pieces of chicken in the food but question if she is getting enough Taurine. Halo claims there is enough Taurine for her in the Chicken and Veg wet foods, but im wondering if i should supplement more taurine, any suggestions?

43. edward schatz says:

Last Saturday, I believe the date was April 18th, afternoon, Ellen DeGeneres was co-hosting a product promotion on QVC, while simultaneously hosting a one-on-one drink-a-thon with her cohost. I have contacted both HALO and QVC,while QVC reps spoke to me on the phone assuruing that something would become of it, we haven’t seen it yet, the same woman was on QVC today, so I guess to QVC, drinking on live tv is no big deal. On the other hand, HALO has yet to comment to me, posting an email that the proper represenataive would have been contatcing me earlier this week, which of course never occured. Both companies have simultaneously washed their hands of this. I am certain others had seen this, but few responded. Guess all the outspoken parents that did see it thought drinking, albeit a celeb and tv pitchwoman, is OK. I guess both companies just condoned drinking of tv. Perhaps I’ll have to seek justice elsewhere. e a schatz.

44. Mary says:

Why in the world would I buy from a company owned by Ellen, who claims to be a dog lover, yet is holding an Ebay auction with all proceeds going to H$U$ , whose ultimate goal is to eliminate pet ownership completely. Wake up Ellen and do your homework. Ask H$U$ exactly how much money directly helps animals, and to explain what they did with all the $$$ they collected for Katrina pets and the Michael Vick dogs.

45. Alesia says:

I think Halo’s big holding company is Kellogg which does not put much faith into them making holistic dog food.
    Think of all the crap Kellogg puts in their processed foods which is sold to humans.

46. jen says:

Halo has refused to let me know who manufacturers their foods. thats a BIG RED FLAG. What do they have to hide?

47. Meredith says:

I’ve been feeding my Shih-tzu Eukanuba since he was 3 months old (he is now 6 turning 7 in August). With the whole Pet food recall, I got scared and started to educate myself a little bit more about dog food. I switched from Eukanuba to Halo Wholesome Chicken Dry Food towards the end of last year. Out of nowhere in Feb, he started getting seizures.
    Took him to the vet and had some blood work done. Turns out he had minor liver infection. So he was on antibiotics
    for 10 days. He would be ok for 2weeks-1 month and seizure would come back. After reading CPOM comment, I am thinking that this product may have cause his seizures.

48. Mallory says:

Why are people so against Ellen supporting this? First of all, why would she lie? 2nd- why would she buy part of a company if she feels they aren’t the best, and 3rd- it is illegal to false advertise.

49. Maureen Byrd says:

I have used Halo for a year for my cat and dog. In the last few months the food for both have changed. When I ask a question, they will not give me a direct answer. Just people have requested the changes. What are they putting in the food that warrants a better tasting sticker that can be peeled of the bag? It is totally different in the way it looked when I first started using it. The protein is to low as well. I will be trying Wellness Core for my persian cat and maltese dog. Thank you. Maureen

50. Darlene Lauer says:

I am working with a rescue group for cats and kittens. Denise Uriate that runs the rescue group offers free spaying and neutering as well as fostering cats/kittens from the shelter. She also takes cats/kittens from people who can no longer keep them. She works a full time job and runs the rescue. A lot of the care and feeding comes out of her pocket even though most of the cats/kittens are adopted.

What I am asking is that Halo Foods donate food to these rescue cats and kittens so that we can take in more kittens and save their lives from euthanasia. This would also enable her rescue group to spay and neuter more feral and tame cats.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All