Family Fights For Dog’s Life After Attack

Guy James is fighting for his dog’s life.

Congo, his German shepherd has been deemed dangerous by a judge and will be put down after an attack on a landscaper.

James, a New Jersey man, said that Congo was defending and protecting his wife, and that Congo is a friendly dog and has never had any history of violence. But animal control officers said that Congo’s attack was unprovoked.

James said that the landscaper, Giovanni Rivera, and another worker disobeyed his instructions to not get out of the car until he put away Congo and the other dogs. He stated that the workers got there an hour before they were scheduled to and they came when the dogs were outside eating.

Rivera and the other worker got out of the car and the dogs began to bark. James said that the worker hit the dogs with a metal rake, and James’ wife told him to stop. Rivera, who is afraid of dogs, grabbed James’ wife from behind to protect himself from the dogs and pulled her to the ground which caused her to scream. Congo then started to bite and scratch Rivera and the other dogs began biting him also.

James called off the dogs, and Rivera was treated for his bites at the hospital.

Since the incident, Congo has been at an animal shelter and James said that he is depressed and anxious and has to be hand-fed or he will not eat.

The James’ lawyer said the attack was provoked, and that under New Jersey law, the dogs had a right to protect themselves and their family.

But the municipal prosecutor said the family is responsible and should have kept their dogs under control and were negligent.

A dog behavior expert testified that the dogs’ attack was provoked. She wrote, “Based on these threats (unfamiliar individuals, perceived threatening position, the attack on the puppies with a metal rake, grabbing the owner from behind and pulling to the ground) the dogs were compelled to defend themselves and their owner.”

Various neighbors that have had experience with Congo and the other dogs also stated that the dogs are “happy dogs” and are friendly.

The judge is expected to place his ruling on the record on Tuesday.

James said he has received thousands of letters and e-mails supporting him and Congo. He said he plans to appeal the judge’s ruling to Superior Court.

Some animal experts and animal control officers said that Congo’s behavior was exceedingly aggressive in the attack. They said that Congo initiated the attack, and that they have concerns that Congo continued to bite and attack Rivera instead of just biting him once. They all agreed that the James should be held responsible for not controlling their dogs.

One animal expert said, “The reason the guy got bit was he was afraid of the dogs. He was the aggressor, grabbing the woman. In that action to a dog, he’s reading it as an aggressive action. A German shepherd will die for his master. All he was doing was protecting his pack. The owners were negligent. They deserve to be sued but they don’t deserve to have the dog put down.”

Source: The Times

(Thanks Irene and Stattwit)

126 Responses to “Family Fights For Dog’s Life After Attack”

As horrible as this is the dog was clearly trinyg to protect the owner.

2. Tanya says:

One of the troubles of owning a larger dog, is that you have to know how to control them, when to control them, and be able to control them even in what on the out side could be percieved (by the dog) as an attack.

I’ll be curious how this turns out, but i would say the owners need to learn about controlling their dogs from a qualified trainer.

Police dogs, protecting thier master, can still be called off on a single word. so it’s possible, you just have to take the time to say “i want a well trained dog, as well as a loving pet.”

3. kathy says:

Even in this day of great dog training, if someone grabbed me from behind I hope my dogs would attack them! Any landscaper who cannot follow instructions should not have any work to do. He shows up an hour early, unannounced, attacks the dogs, pulls their person down to the ground…….come on, this is a no brainer. Was the landscaper stoned, or was he just stupid? Not only the dogs, but I also would percieve this as an attack!

4. kathy says:

Sounds to me like what this landscaper has learned is How to get a huge sum of money without working!

5. furmom says:

It’s true protection dogs are trained to stop an attack or release on command. However that is when the situation is clearly controlled by the handler, e.g. suspect is subdued or officer is not under threat, so gives the command. But even a dog trained to stop is not going to do that if the handler or himself is under direct threat, being hit, grabbed, or thrown to the ground. Otherwise the police dog would be pretty useless, the bad guy could just hold a gun on the cop and he would have to call off is dog. Or if the cop called off the dog, thinking everything was in hand, but the suspect makes one more try to attack, and the police dog would be politely waiting for some reversal of the call to stop. A protection dog will attack as long as there is a serious threat of harm, it has very little to do with the command to stopor not.

6. Radcliff, Allie, Luna, & Ozzie says:

Our own first thought is the same as kathy’s — this sleazy landscaper (or his lawyers) found a way to make a gob of money without much work. Indeed, we wonder a bit if the auto accident scammers haven’t branched out into animal attacks.

Does anyone know, was Rivera charged with assault for grabbing Mrs. James? It sounds to me like he could be, along with trespassing for being on the grounds when he wasn’t supposed to.

7. mittens says:

if the owner is being attacked by someone- ie thrown to the ground by unknown persons -what the hell is the owner or the dog suppose to do ? the dog is after all just a dog so it’s not as if it has the human capacity to reason through a situation and the owner told the men not to get out of the car and they proceeded to do so then went on to attack the dogs and attack one of the owners.these jerks shouldn’t have gotten a cent- theyre stupid- but courts in america love nothing better then to lavish money on those who survival of the fittest would mark out for extinction ie coffee is generally known to be hot and animals trained to protect will attack when threatened. they ignored the owner then they attack so complain theyre attacked?

if the dogs are put down it would be an act of cruelty. although the owners are for certain responsible for their dogs i cant see it fair theyre held accountable for the sheer ignorance of people who will not listen and go own to participate in behavior that’s bound to cause the animals to attack. what kind of ‘ man’ throws a woman in front of an attacking dog? he should have been charged with aggravated assault. sounds like he deserved the bite and richly so.

8. EmilyS says:

there’s nothing in the story to indicate the dog was a “trained” protection/attack dog. I’m betting that it’s a family pet.. of a breed NATURALLY inclined to be protective. But surely many dogs would react to an attack on its owner in the same manner. The notion that this makes the dog so dangerous it needs to be destroyed is just wrong, and cruel.

The owners may indeed be legally liable and the “victim” may indeed have a claim for damages.

The two issues need to be separate.

9. catmom5 says:

I hope that someone with authority makes the right decision in this case ~ and that is to let this brave and loving dog live. He did nothing but protect his home and pack. The landscaper was told NOT to get out of his car, which he did anyway. STUPID CHOICE on this man’s part . . . and the stupid choices continued. He should be charged with assault for pulling the wife down. Sounds as if the dogs responded when the owner called them off. The landscaper created the bad situation, reacted badly as it played out and now claims to be the victim. Sorry, but I don’t buy it!

10. Nora and Rufus says:

The judge has to be an idiot and the attorney who took up for the landscaper an absolute crook! Even my loving Aussie would have went for the stupid landscaper with teeth bared and roaring his displeasure had the dumb-ass grabbed me like that!!!! There is no way this dog should be put down for protecting his Human mom from someone as ignorant as the landscaper.

11. Nancy G. says:

Yeah, if it had been a rapist who had grabbed the woman, the dog would be hailed as a hero for saving her. This is just plain nuts, and wrong.

12. Nancy G. says:

click on the link at the bottom of the article, “The Times”, for more information

13. shibadiva says:

There’s a petition at Care2:

You can also write to the judge:

Please email Judge Annich and show your support for the James family and Congo.

The address for the Courthouse is 400 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08540

Russell W. Annich, Jr. - Judge
    Email Judge Annich in care of the Court Administrator:
    caroline_sapio@princeton-township.nj.us
    fax letters to 609-924-5902

14. shibadiva says:

Oh, catch the animal warden’s take on this story.

Land of Oppor-tu-ni-tee.

15. Jenny Bark says:

Nora & Rufus, I agree with you what is the matter with this da!! judge?

Everybody who posted this may be a new way to go after money, I think you might be right. Not only did he get all that money from the insurance but this family offered to pay all his medical bill & that is still not enough for him. What is he doing in landscaping if he is afraid of dogs? What right did he have to go on the property if he was told not to & to waite? Everything sounds to fishy to me. Me thinks we all better be more careful from now on.

When someone is comming to my house to work I do the same thing & let my dogs out to use bathroom before they come. When I’m taking a shower my dogs are inside but when my husband is home they can use their doggie door as they want, same as this family.

I don’t care what size dog you have most everyone of them will protect their pack or as humans like to say their family. I don’t have pups but if you use a rake on one of them the others will come after you. God forbid if you put me down they are going to get you & not listen to me. Bet your dogs will do the same thing. Bet a human kid will do the same thing too.

Why isn’t this dog put on home arrest instead of a shelter until the case is setteled? NY must have even tuffer laws than Pa..

They are taking every right of the animals & property owners away. I think we had better be careful.

16. mikken says:

From shibadiva’s link -

“Johnson also doesn’t buy James’ claim that his dogs were bred for obedience. “He fed them raw meat and dead rabbits,” he said. “That puts aggression in a dog.””

Uh, can we say “ignorant”, anyone? And he defends the landscaper who “only changed his story three times”? What’s wrong with this guy?

My Labrador would definitely go after anyone grabbing me and I would be glad of it!

17. Robert Davis says:

Johnson is an idiot for saying raw meat puts agression in a dog….I have never seen that. I guess all the RAW diet folks should be careful now that Johnsons says it can make your dogs aggressive!

I signed the petition….I hope things will work out by the judge changing his order or on appeal. What country am I living in now???? I forget - I thought it was the home of the free and where your home is your castle and you have the right to have it defended by yourself, family pets or guard dogs.

Robert

wait a darn minute here! my Dalmatian eats raw meat. AND i suspect she would protect me if i was grabbed from behind by a man (that had moments before been wielding a rake!) and threw me to the ground. this would be my *fault*?! OY!!

“Rivera, who is afraid of dogs, grabbed James’ wife from behind to protect himself from the dogs . . . ”

what kind of man puts a woman in front of him as *protection* against a perceived danger?!

19. Anna says:

I think the human gene pool has gotten so polluted there’s got to be a Darwin Award by State and Occupational Category. Rivera and his crew wins the DARWIN AWARD for CONTRACTORSin NEW JERSEY because their STOOPIDITY defies DARWINIAN LOGIC (or meybee him and hisun’s crew could NOT understand Eeeenglish????) - and that’s all I have to say - if you want protection according to HUMAN LAWS, then you have to put up enough evidence YOU’RE A HUMAN, and in my book, Rivera and his crew were acting like jungle baboons. NO WAIT, Jungle Baboons are smarter than him. In the end, TOO BAD THE HUMAN GENE POOL DID NOT GET CLEANED UP THAT DAY. I could care less about the bleedin’ hearts, it’s time to screw everyone’s heads back on.

20. Lesliek says:

This is a crying shame. Even my chi would have attacked them. And the animal warden is an idiot who should not be in a position to work with animals. I guess by his way of thinking all of us doing raw or homecooking have vicious animals. I especially loved his comment that the owners injured a puppy themselves deliberately.I would guess he also thinks we all poisoned our pets so it would look like the pf was at fault.So now we have at least 2 illegals who will profit from this & probably be allowed to stay too. And a good dog will die & his family be punished emotionally & financially.Makes me ashamed to live in NJ.

21. Don Earl says:

Reading between the lines…

“Congo is a friendly dog and has never had any history of violence.”

and

“Giovanni Rivera, and another worker disobeyed his instructions to not get out of the car until he put away Congo and the other dogs.”

TRANSLATION: The owner knew the dogs are aggressive and likely to pose a threat to strangers.

“James said that the worker hit the dogs with a metal rake, and James’ wife told him to stop.”

TRANSLATION: The dogs were already in attack mode (a rake only has a 4 foot handle) and rather than trying to control the dogs, the owner joined in the attack.

“The man who was attacked won a $250,000 insurance settlement as a result of his injuries.”

TRANSLATION: The man was severely injured in the attack, was out of work recovering from his injuries, and was likely maimed for life.

According to the CDC over 4 million Americans are attacked by dogs each and every year. The injuries caused by the attacks range from minor bite marks, to death, with everything inbetween. In most cases, the attacks are on family members, on those on the property at the owners invitation, or on those passing by on public property.

I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with those who think there is something about this that is okay. No innocent person deserves to be killed or maimed for life by someone’s pets. No one who allows an innocent person to be harmed by their pets UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES deserves to have pets.

22. Nancy G. says:

That warden sounds like so many in that position who are ignorant, uncaring and only care about their paycheck. The dogs being fed raw meat actually means the owners ARE concrned about their health, many owners these days do the same, esp. after the recent poisoned dog food scares. The warden needs to read a few web sites, his ignorance is appalling. And the claim that the owners injured one of the puppies themselves is ridiculous and shows that he just wants the dog killed. The man should be fired.

Don, for many people it’s standard practice to secure their animals before workers enter a premise. it’s a method designed to protect the PETS! Yard work equals gates being open/closed/left open. sorry, but i would be bringing my dogs in the house before gardeners arrived. but an hour before hand i might have them in the yard for breakfast and potty time. btw, i also make sure my cats are secured before deliveries/workers arrive at my apartment.

just because they already used the rake does NOT mean the dogs were attacking. the dogs may have been barking as dogs are known to do when strangers (and friends) enter homes/property. that would be enough for a dog fearful person to use a rake. ever hear of a human over-reacting to a dog? i’ve seen it just walking my dog down the street. and she’s at my side and NOT barking.

sorry, i find some of Johnson’s comments very scary as a dog owner. but it must be nice for the illegal gardener who is now living in an upscale neighborhood! funny how he can’t seem to enter the country legally, but sure knows how to sue!

24. Vettech says:

Seems to me in the first line it says that the Rivera is an ILLEGAL working in this country….why wasn’t he sent back ??? Also if you read further down the other worker who is not named is also an ILLEGAL!!!!
    He should be happy this wasn’t on my property and not my dogs or there would have been more than bite wounds than this guy would have dealt with. I would also have sued for grabbing my wife and pulling her to the ground.

25. jada says:

He was probably here ILLEGALLY and DOESN’T SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!

Good Lord - so many horrible things happening in this country because
    of this issue. Do you know how many people have been killed on the
    road because they’re driving without driver’s licences??
    They can’t read the signs, traffic signals -
    Unfortunately because we haven’t had anyone crack down on this
    the poor dog will probably die!!!

Even IF he wasn’t here illegally - THEY DON’T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH FOR
    GOD’S SAKE!!!!!

Jada,

the owner of the dog spoke Spanish!

27. Belgian_owner says:

I once had an “electrician” try to sue my dad for a back injury he received while moving our piano around (did we WANT our piano moved? NO.) The guy was a shady nutcase and on drugs, come to find out. How I wish I had my dog back then.

The amount of landscapers/construction workers here that tease my dog as we pass them on our walks is ludicrous. Is there something in their employee handbooks that just outright SAYS “And always remember to be a total ass around big dogs”?

And that “Warden” with his raw meat comment is a JOKE. It is a sad state of affairs when those in charge of deciding a pet’s fate have absolutely no clue what they’re doing. Anybody watch those Animal Cops shows on animal planet? There was an episode where AC nearly seized a bengal cat because it “looked like some wildcat roaming around”.

Poor Congo. I have a shepherd mix who I know would do the same for me if I were ever in trouble or just at the hands of a complete idiot.

28. Traci says:

Jada,

Take your racism elsewhere.

29. Traci says:

You too, Anna.

30. kaefamily says:

A friend just adopted a one year old pound mutt. He welcomes EVERYONE into her home! Good thing she has another dog, a 4 year old mutt, that actually guards and protects the family like most dogs would. He’s still not an aggressive dog tho’.

31. Tanya says:

====
    I love it. a guy gets attacked by dogs in a situation where the owner should have controlled the dogs better, and you all decide he should have gotten WORSE treatment?

What if this had been a teenager, just messing around on your property? do you think the teenager would deserve 150,000 worth of medical bills (if you read the detailed stories, they list that 50,000 of the damages was emotional, the rest was to pay real medical costs).

What if a child had wandered into teh yard accidntly to pet teh “pretty baby puppies”> would that child deserve to be attacked?

PEOPLE WHO OWN DOGS *MUST* be able to control them; must post signs of the dog is aggressive at all.

and as for the “police dogs can’t be called off”, comment made earlier. that’s just ignorance. Police dogs and ALL GOOD DOGS are trained to obey INSTANTLY signals from their trainers, officers, and others who know the signals. they do not disobey those signals, even if they continue to be growling and highly agitated.

Dogs kill. if you don’t understand that, and can’t control that, you shouldn’t have a dog.

i can’t believe when anyone says “the guy didn’t get enough” or “he would have gotten more on my lawn” or “yeah, dog, glad you attacked”.

you call yourselves human while chastising teh humanity of 2 workers?

and what does being illegal or not have to do with anything.

32. JLLH358 says:

If the owner TOLD the workers to remain in the car and they did not, that is not the owner’s fault. If the workers then proceeded to hit the animals with a rake and grab at the owners, that also is not the owner’s fault (or the dogs). If I am working on someone’s property, or a guest in any way on their property, you better believe I’ll be paying close attention to what they tell me to do and not do - esp. if they have animals!! My fault if I get injured because I’m not paying attention or not listening to them. Mine. No one else’s.

33. Robert Davis says:

Jada - you are right about the language barrier. And I know of an illegal in NC whose girlfriend, a legal, is getting welfare benefits because she says she lives alone. He brings in 1,000 a week doing construction under the table. And the legal companies are supporting this because they do not have to pay the taxes. I do not know if he is illegal or not so I cannot say.

On the illegal issue….For those who think this is a racist issue, continue to be ignorant. There are legal means to enter this country. If you choose not to enter legally then you deserve to go to your home.

It is amazing how everything becomes a racist issue when the outcome for a crime may not turn in the criminals favor. These people should have called the police to arrest the man for trespassing (he was there too early and did not listen to the home owner who OWNS the property!), attacked the guys wife and beat his dogs. I know I would be joining in the ass whooping if someone beat my dogs or partner.

I know if it was me I would have immediately pressed charges against the man and sued him for mental stress, anguish, loss of property, etc…. And why was this mans insurance company so damn stupid to settle or even pay? They should have refused to pay. The landscaper, according to the story, appears to have acted criminally negligent himself.

When I have workers come over they are not allowed in my house until my dogs and cats are up. My dogs are part of the family and I want to make sure they are safe, but I also have them to make sure if someone attacks they protect me. I also make sure my cats are up so they do not get let out by the workers.

It is a sad case all around….I do not feel sorry for the landscaper at all. In my opinion he deserves what he got (except for the money)….good dogs for doing your job….just hope you are not murdered by the system for it.

Robert Davis

PS Shibadiva ….. I hope you know I was making fun of Johnson about the RAW diet…. :-)

34. Don Earl says:

RE: “it must be nice for the illegal gardener who is now living in an upscale neighborhood! funny how he can’t seem to enter the country legally, but sure knows how to sue!”

Personally, I don’t believe there is any place in our society, or on these boards, for that sort of racist commentary. I can’t find anything in the article to suggest this man was in the counrty illegally, and regardless, your view he deserves to be mauled by dogs because of his race is pretty disgusting.

All this guy did was get up and go to work to do a job involving hard physical labor that the property owner was too lazy to do himself. The next thing he knew, he was in a hospital, maimed for life. I have absolutely zero sympathy for any pet owner under those circumstances.

As most on these boards know, I have devoted an unholy amount of time, energy, many sleepless nights and substantial amounts of money, on my own behalf, and on behalf of all pet owners that were harmed by poisoned pet food through no fault of their own.

My view on such things is a simple one. There is only one true sin in the world; harming another person who did nothing to harm you first. On that basis, my sympathies lay with Rivera and any other innocent person harmed under such circumstances.

35. Don Earl says:

POP QUIZ:

Workers are expected to arrive on your property first thing in the morning. You own large dogs capable of causing the workers harm. What do you do?

A. Leave the dogs out overnight so they are loose on the property first thing the next morning.

B. Put them in the garage overnight with a bowl of food and water, an old blanket or pet bed to sleep on, and perhaps spread out some newspapers just in case.

(Hint for sociopaths and racists: The answer is not A)

36. Traci says:

Whether one sides with the workers or the owner, THIS ARTICLE (which we only know what the media tells us) is about specific workers and a specific owner with specific dogs. How it became about ALL illegals and ALL non-English speaking people is beyond me–but then, I am not a racist.

Don, the second link that Shibadiva provide gives the 2 workers legal stats as illegal. THAT is what prompted my comment, NOT their race. they could have been French for all i care. i have NO patience for people NOT entering the country legally. it’s a little thing called National Security.

i NEVER once said he DESERVED to be mauled. please quote where i said that.

discussing a person’s lack of ability to follow the laws of entering our country legally, yet having no problem suing another in our country, is NOT racist. nor does it imply that it is ok for dogs to maul someone.

:”There is only one true sin in the world; harming another person who did nothing to harm you first.”

let’s see, wielding a rake as a weapon, hitting dogs with the rake (including puppies!), grabbing a woman as a shield against a perceived threat and causing a woman to hit the ground is ok and not inflicting harm?! and the fact that this all occurred because the dogs may have done nothing more than alarm/alert bark and other NORMAL dog behaviors at the arrival of people on the property. of course it’s the owners fault! they were to lazy to take care of their property! i guess we should all stop hiring help . . . . after all, we seem to lose our rights as property owners and get labeled as lazy.

regarding your pop quiz,

see my first response to you.

so now all who would follow a routine YOU don’t agree with are sociopaths and racists?! wow. exactly where does it say the dogs were out all night? they were feeding in the backyard ONE HOUR before workers were due to arrive, MANY raw feeders feed in their backyards just as MANY dog owners let their dogs out into the yard in the early morning hours. oh, the horrors!

39. Belgian_owner says:

Why not show any of the puppies a rake? If, like Rivera claims, these dogs were only kept away by it, then the dogs won’t react to it. However, if they were beaten, the puppies will have quite a reaction to it.

40. Tanya says:

by teh way, for those saying he was told to *stay in the car*, does that not strick you as seriously wrong?

people get out to streach, to smoke, etc. odds are, if you are saying “stay in the car” you know your dogs are a bit more than “just playing”. you knwo they are at least a *bit* aggressive with strangers.

41. Lynn says:

The judge is an idiot. Someone get me his/her name and the city/state.

I see this whole debacle as:
    [1] trespassing onto private property [by the workers]
    [2] illegal alien issue [by the workers]
    [3] assaulting the wife [by the workers]
    [4] and most importantly, animal abuse [by the workers]

Whatever happened to the laws that protected the homeowner and his property????

42. Lynn says:

And I’m betting the judge is clueless about dogs - and since this happened in New Jersey [thank you, Michael Vick], it could be the judge has been conditioned to think that all dogs that bite are vicious and should be destroyed. The judge needs to be removed from this case.

43. shibadiva says:

I’m biting my tongue because I’m mad as hell about a tradesman that showed up unannounced today (although they had on record - at their own request - that I wanted an appointment be set up before anyone came to do any work), reached over a 6 foot fence and then some to unlock my back yard gate to get in and do the work. I tore a strip off his supervisor this evening.

When tradesmen are expected, I make sure the dogs are indoors, and I am there to supervise everything. And if the tradesmen show up early, while the dogs are in the fenced yard for potty, they are told to wait until the dogs are in the house.

Teenagers messing around in my yard? Don’t even go there.

Robert, that animal warden is unbelievable.

44. Lynn says:

Check out this website:

Here’s what you need to know now:

There will be a rally to Free Congo, on Tuedsay, November 12, at 10 a.m. outside the Princeton Township municipal court, 400 Witherspoon St., where Judge Russell Annich is expected to officially record the death sentence he handed down to Congo on Oct. 31.

There’s a poll at nj1015.com as well as contact information for the Judge who is sentencing Congo to death for protecting his family.

Help save Congo!

Please email Judge Annich and show your support for the James family and Congo by coming to a rally at the Princeton Township courthouse on Tuesday, November 13th, at 10 AM. The address for the Courthouse is 400 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
    Russell W. Annich, Jr. - Judge

Email Judge Annich in care of the Court Administrator: caroline_sapio@princeton-township.nj.us

fax letters to 609-924-5902 - flood his fax machine.

And if you have kids at Princeton, call them and give them the info and tell them to circulate it fast on campus.

45. shibadiva says:

I found the jewishblogging site a little sad. Most of the article was a rant about illegal immigrants living in swanky neighbourhoods and taking the bread out of Americans’ mouths.

Yeah, deport him, whatever, but the issue (IMO) is saving Congo and not using the dog as an excuse for that particular agenda. .

46. Traci says:

I remember way back, and I am sure it’s on the internet somewhere, learning how there are illegal refugees who are unable to get legal alien/refugee status because it would force our government to admit to certain conflicts in other countries they are outright supporting–one side or the other.

Maybe those doing the Jewish blogging would like to recall when there were ships of Jews getting turned away as refugees…

This is a crock of S***!

The immigrant should be grateful for the bite! He is now $250,000. richer! He will be on a mission for another $250,000. along with many others trying to get a free ride. THEY HAVE GOT TO LOVE THE U.S.

BITE ME!!! plllllleeese!

Congo was protecting his home and should NOT be put down. The judge is an A**H***.

Serial killers get 10+ years before they (may be) put down. They have medical care, attorney’s, food and protection for the rest of their lives from OUR TAX DOLLARS. We pay for these SOB’S to continue living!

Congo was protecting his home and his parent from an absolute idiot IMO!!!!

48. Lynn says:

I don’t want to turn this focus on the illegal immigration issue, but I must say this: there is a huge difference between people running over the border and bilking this country out of billions of dollars and Jewish refugees on ships seeking asylum, trying to settle somewhere because to go back where they came from would mean extermination. I really resent any comparison.

This blog is about Congo and I’ll say it a hundred times - the dog is the pawn in this whole assinine issue and the judge is a complete idiot.

49. Traci says:

“trying to settle somewhere because to go back where they came from would mean extermination.”

And what do you think the Mayan Guatemalans who got departed were?

“Not everyone illegal is here to rip you off. Yes most are here to work, actually, doing work to dirty or cheap for legal Americans to want to do.”

well if that were true Traci, they would come in the country through one of the MANY LEGAL programs. i happen to know many LEGAL American born people who work/have worked the same jobs as the illegals . . . . and also many LEGAL immigrants.

i have to wonder why the 2 workers haven’t been deported. the medical bills have been covered by insurance/etc and it seems all issues with the incident regarding the illegal workers are over. only the fate of Congo seems to remain. Johnson is quoted as saying their story has changed 3 times (down from FIVE!), so i would think (HOPE!) they are no longer needed at this point . . .

51. Jenny Bark says:

Boy am I upset by some of these remarks. I don’t know of many people with dogs that don’t do the same things as these people did. He told them to waite in the car, it is his property if they didn’t like it they could have gotten the he!! out, period. They had no right to go on the property after being told to stay in the car until he came out.

I do not consider this man lazy for hiring somebody to work on their property. Yes he is only 46 but we do not know what health problems he might have or how many hours he works & 4 acres is a lot of property. I only have 1 acre & if I could find someone I trusted I would hire someone some times.

We built ourselves what I consider a beautiful home. We share that home with who we want to & that is our dogs & cat. I do not have a garage but if I did I would NEVER put my dogs in it. I don’t think much of people who put dogs in garages with what ever crap is in it. What about what might have leaked from that car that could kill a dog? What about the fumes?

I don’t know what other countrys you can live in illegally, get health care, send your kids to school for free, work in, & also sue for being on somebody property when they told you to waite. I bet not too many. Imo if you are living here illegally you are breaking the law & should be in jail. I believe the polls says most people think the same way. I don’t see this as being racist at all. Racist is about the color of somebody skin, their religon or where they are from not about being legal or illegal.

If this would have happened at our house we would have been in jail & would have to proberly sell our home to pay for a good lawyer. If that guy would have gotten me on the ground he would have had human teeth makes on him & would have to talk in a high voice for the rest of his life. My husband might be old but he still works & is still one of the tuffest & smartest man I know. Let anybody hurt even one of our dogs or me & nothing but killing him would be able to stop him. We home cook for our dogs & cat but maybe raw feeding is not such a bad idea.

52. Donna says:

Free the dog. Attack on the owner. Dog is a hero. Dog deserves freedom and a medal. The landscaper. First question. Does he speak english ? Second question, if you are “fearful” of bulls,………would you get of of a car in a herd of cattle ? Wouldn’t logic and “fear” have you stay in your car ? I do not “buy” this story of the dogs guilt. Fearful people do not “get out” to face their fears. Would you conquer your “fear” by charging a bull ? Free Congo. This story reeks of con game. And yes, to the question of making a living being bitten by dogs. Old ploy. I see, it still works.

53. Lynn says:

Thank you, Donna, you expressed it beautifully.

54. JJ in IL says:

Would seem like all owners of dogs with fenced property need to install locked gates that only a can be opened with either a key or a security code entered onto a key pad. No need to have anyone wait to enter your property-they wont be able to til your ready to let them on the property. Should they then proceed to either jump or climb over the fence then they are trespassing and breaking the law.

55. Don Earl says:

Jenny,

With all due respect, you are up in arms about illegals, but are willing to go to war for those who hire them. If people like James weren’t willing to under cut American workers by illegally hiring aliens and paying them under the table for an additional illegal tax break, the aliens would have no incentive to be here.

So, James hires the illegal aliens and they show up as promised. James yells out the window to stay in the car while he puts the dogs away. The workers stay in the car, and after some time not seeing any dogs, one of them gets out to knock on the door. James is probably paying them by the job, so they want to get it done with and move on. All of a sudden the worker is surrounded by a pack of large dogs, snarling and barking, with teeth bared, making pre attack lunges at his legs. He has a rake in his hand and uses it to fend off the attacking dogs. The owner comes out screaming hysterically at the man instead of calling off the dogs, working the dogs into an even higher attack frenzy. The man tries to put the dog owner between himself and the attacking dogs in the hope the owner will control them. In the confusion, they both go down, where the man is viciously attacked and maimed for life.

In my book, that is not okay.

Yes, I know it’s just ever so much extra responsiblity to keep this sort of thing from happening. For every one of the 4 million Americans attacked by dogs every year, there’s a dog owner making excuses for why they should not be held responsible.

I know a man whose neighbor’s dog jumped the fence and tore his child’s face half off. The first thing the neighbor said to the man was, “You’re not going to let them take my dog away, are you?”.

RE: “I don’t know of many people with dogs that don’t do the same things as these people did.”

I’m sad to say you’re probably right. It makes me even sadder to say so to someone I like, and fully agree with on many other issues.

56. ellis says:

Don, you are wasting most of your breath. Some of these wacky folk are under the impression that there’s little or no personal responsibility involved in owning a dog.

Contractors expected means dogs should be put away or restrained. Laborers show up early? That is totally inconsequential and a moot point.

Your dogs attacking someone you *expected* on your property means that somewhere you have committed a HUGE error in providing a safe environment to those you ask to enter.

Can you imagine the conversation between the home owner and his insurance comapny? :-)

Do I think the dog should be put down? No. Do I think the owner should be publically humiliated? Yes, definitely.

My opinion is that the rocket scientists here who are spouting-off about how it’s the laborer’s fault, or the contractor’s fault ~~ all need a lesson in responsible pet ownership.

57. Jenny Bark says:

Don, Where did you read he knew he was hiring illegals or paid them under the table? I have not read that anywhere, I have also not read anywhere that they knocked on the door. What I also read was that the pups where hit & the women was on the ground before the man got out. Please let me know where you read these things & then I will be very glad to tell you that I’m sorry. You are telling me things I haven’t read anywhere. Please show me the article.

I am very sorry about you neighbors child. If this would have happened to me with my dogs or cat I would expect to face all the charges they could give me. My dogs are in a fenced in yard not only to protect them but also to be a good neighbor. When I or my husband are not at home the dogs & my inside cat is in the house. Our babies are our responsibilty & we live up to that. Again I am very sorry about your neighbors child & would do anything to protect children but these dogs did not jump the fence. I do not know how these dogs are with kids but their neighbors in one of the articles say they where ok. I do know how my dogs are with kids & they are good but still I never leave them with kids unless it is family or a close neighbor or close friend.

Again I’m sorry about you neighbor that should never happen to any child. I like you a lot Don but I disagree with you on this one

58. Don Earl says:

Jenny,

Our mainstream media lets us down on a lot of issues and illegal immigration is one of them. People are smuggled across the border and forces to work in sweat shops for less than minimum wage and threatened with being turned in if they try to leave. Shaddy contractors hire them under the table and often shaft them for weeks or months of wages because they’re afraid to turn in the contractors.

When I see hopelessly slanted articles on a subject, I automatically start reading between the lines.

James leaned out the window to yell at the workers he hired in Spanish when they showed up. You figure he found them in the Yellow Pages? I’ll concede the possibility, but it wouldn’t be my first guess. He certainly didn’t check green cards or social security numbers to make sure he wasn’t aiding and abeting illegal immigration.

After hearing all the evidence, the court found the attack to be unprovoked. I don’t have a lot of faith in our judicial system these days, but this was after a trial and the insurance company paid up rather than filing an appeal.

So, Mr. James hires illegals to under cut American citizens, his dogs put an innocent man in the hospital with injuries that took $150,000 in doctor bills to fix, and he helped rachet up home owner’s insurance for everyone else in the country who owns a dog. Not to mention this is the kind of incident that adds grist to the mill on dangerous dog legislation that most pet owners are against.

An illegal immigrant attacked his wife. His dog tried to protect her. If we enforced our immigration laws this entire incident would never had happened. It’s time to start deporting people who are in this country illegally instead of coddling them at the expense of the lives of Americans. In Texas an illegal immigrants dogs attacked and killed an elderly woman who was mowing her lawn next door. Guess what happended to him? nothing. He got away with murder because he is an illegal immigrant. I was never a racist in any way until I moved to Texas. Now I am sick of living in Mexico and would like to see every last Mexican in this state deported and put in prison for life if they ever try to enter this country again.

60. shibadiva says:

Sharon, this incident could have happened if any labourer had gotten out of his car with the dogs around, hit the puppies and knocked the wife over. Your immigration laws wouldn’t have prevented anything.

61. Jenny Bark says:

Don, I have a big meeting today, I will get back to you in a couple hours. I still do not agree with you but still like you. Jenny

62. Lynn says:

Anyone heard any news on the protest march this morning? What was the outcome in court today?

Any news coverage?

63. Lynn says:

Grief, I am fairly well convinced that the Animal Control Officer Johnson is to blame for most of this. Of course, it would appear that it was he who made the recommendation to the judge to put down Congo. Take a look-see. [Be apprised that my opinion of Animal Control Officers is that they range from highly intelligent and caring to idiots on a power trip.]

64. Lynn says:

Re the rally of support:

Judge is supposed to issue ruling in one hour.

65. Lynn says:

Don:
    Regarding your comment at 5:59AM:
    “People are smuggled across the border and forces to work in sweat shops for less than minimum wage and threatened with being turned in if they try to leave.”
    They are not FORCED to work in sweat shops. These people line up in Mexico HOPING to work in sweatshops.
    “The end result is their best gig is to work under the table for home owners doing odd jobs.”
    To the tune of costing legal Americans billions of dollars in illegals’ medical bills, education, and dedication of resources at taxpayers’ expense.
    “He certainly didn’t check green cards or social security numbers to make sure he wasn’t aiding and abeting illegal immigration.”
    As a resident of southern CA I can tell you that our front doors are deluged with business cards from illegals wanting to do all kinds of work for cheap prices. Let’s face it, right or wrong, I don’t know a soul who checks legal credentials from casual laborers. So don’t try to make his failure to check for legal status out to be something that deviates from the norm.
    “Mr. James hires illegals to under cut American citizens…”
    And how did he know they were illegal??? Fact: in southern CA we have more anchor babies [babies born in the US of illegal immigrants] that have grown up and still don’t speak English.
    “….put an innocent man in the hospital with injuries that took $150,000 in doctor bills to fix…”
    No, the idiot got out of the car when he was instructed to stay inside. Furthermore, he arrived an hour earlier than the appointed time. Where did you get the $150,000 in doctor bills? Cite your sources.
    “I’m at a loss on the comments supporting James as a stand up guy, deserving of everyone’s support. He just got through making your world a worse place to live in.”
    Actually, from what I read, the Animal Control Officer readily admits that the gardener changed his story three times.

“Maybe I’m missing something, but I’m at a loss on the comments supporting James as a stand up guy, deserving of everyone’s support. He just got through making your world a worse place to live in.”

is it really about whether the owner is a stand up guy, or the dog and the dog owners rights. the dog was doing what dogs do in threatening situations. what really scares me is Johnson and his lack of understanding. i also have a problem with the story being changed 3 times according to (i believe) Johnson. as a dog owner, who sees dog (pet) owners rights getting jerked around in many places, i find it very disturbing that someone with so little understanding is involved in the outcome of this.

and as a raw feeder, OY!!!! my cats eat raw dead rabbits too!

67. sxa-roo » Blog Archive » Family Fights For Dog’s Life After Attack says:

[…] check the full story here […]

68. Lynn says:

Straybaby:

Your cats eat raw food? They must be VICIOUS!!!! LOL, LOL, LOL

69. shibadiva says:

“The prosecutor in the case said the sentence could have been avoided if the family had accepted a plea deal before the case went to trial. ”Congo would be at home right now, and would have been since the beginning, if they had agreed to my offer, which was on the table since all along,” he said.

What a shameful legal game this is.

70. Concha Castaneda says:

Sure would be less expensive to hire some dogs instead of building a wall between our country and theirs! How would a police dog be treated under these same conditions? Man is told to stay in his car. Man attacks dogs with impliment of mass destruction. Man throws woman to the ground. Dog is loyal to the very end. This is a no brainer. Dude is lucky to be alive…should not push the karmic law and sue! We need more dogs like Congo and less people like the workers who obviously do not understand english or spanish. Hey dude…you are on my land. Stay in your car for a minute…your early, I wasn’t prepared for you just yet. I can see it. How unfair that the home owner will suffer the loss of their beloved loyal dog. I don’t think someone in this country illegally should be able to sue an american citizen…except if that citizen were responsible for that person being in the country illegally of course! Maybe we should all get tazers. You don’t have to feed em, and you don’t have to worry that they will die in your behalf. This whole story sickens me. That guy should go back home and have home pay for his injuries. He obviously is too arrogant to live or work here. If he touched my wife…he would be dead and the dog would not have to be put down. I would be lookin at life…

71. Don Earl says:

RE: “the dog was doing what dogs do in threatening situations”

You have it backwards. The man did what people who are afraid of dogs do when confronted by a snarling dog pack.

If, knowing workers were expected first thing in the morning, the owners had confined the dogs the night before, it never would have happened.

Pet owners could do well to adopt the first rule of firearm safety, which assumes a gun is always loaded. From there everything else is common sense. Assume dogs bite and take appropriate steps to prevent that from happening.

As your comment indicates you are well aware this kind of situation can arise, your argument the pet owners are blameless is ludicrous.

First, the dogs shouldn’t have been out. Second, seeing the man trying to fend off the dogs long enough for the owners to intervene, the woman should have defused the situation rather than hysterically going after the man. Her duty was to stop the aggressive behavior of the dogs, not berate the man while the aggression continued.

The message I get from this story, and the comments I’ve seen, is that anyone confronted by this kind of situation should use whatever potential weapon that is at hand, with lethal force, and without hesitation, rather than to try stalling the attack in the hope the owners will come to their aid. On that basis, the dogs would have been dead before the woman arrived on the scene and the man wouldn’t have been maimed for life after a brutal and terrifying mauling.

What would be your position if you were the one on the receiving end of this attack, or one of your children, instead of, you know, someone billed as an illegal?

72. Sundown says:

Unfortunately, the judge ruled to let Congo’s death penalty stand. And will not let him go home while an appeal is filed, according to this news report.

73. Don Earl says:

RE: “Total insanity that this poor dog is being sentenced to death for protecting his family.”

Picture yourself laying on the ground with flaps of your bloody flesh hanging off you in ruins while a pack of dogs continue to tear you apart trying to open a vein that will end your life.

What did you do to deserve this?

You showed up for work.

The level of disgust I’m feeling right now is beyond words.

74. Traci says:

“What did you do to deserve this?

You showed up for work.

The level of disgust I’m feeling right now is beyond words.”

(What did you do?) Apparently you were an illegal alien who couldn’t speak English. I am with you on this one, Don, though I have disagreed with you elsewhere.

One reason this Jewish Agnostic always liked the last Pope even though I disagreed with him on many other issues:

75. Carol Johnson says:

Everyone has a right to create their own opinion…no one has a right to create their own facts.

Where is there any indication of under-the-table payments?

Where is the scenario described of the worker surrounded by snarling dogs?

If someone hit your dog with a rake and pulled a family member to the ground….how would you react??

76. Traci says:

“Where does it state they were illegal aliens? The fact he has a Hispanic name does not mean he is not a citizen.”

In the link provided by Shibadiva, see page one of comments.

Also, apparently he pulled the wife to the ground in a clumsy act of trying to hide behind her.

77. Lynn says:

To everyone who has accused the rest of us of assuming the gardener is an illegal alien:

Do a find for the word “illegal” and you will see it.

78. Lynn says:

Forgive me, PetConnection and blogger Susan, but I’m copying your post of November 13, 2007 @ 3:27 pm below so that the people on the itchmo site can read this important information:

“….the court still intends to have Congo executed. The next step is to call Gov. Corzine to encourage her to overturn the court’s decision. The phone number is 609-292-6000. They are very polite when they pick up the phone, and all you need to do is tell them you want Congo to be saved. They are keeping a tally of phone calls.”

The phones are on voicemail as of this moment [Tuesday night], but please call 1-609-292-6000 first thing Wednesday AM [eastern time] and simply state that you want Congo saved and released NOW.

79. Lynn says:

Don:

If my front door was ajar and you rang the doorbell and I yelled from the other room not to come in, but to go back to your car and wait, but you opted to ignore my instructions and came in anyway……..well, that’s breaking and entering.

80. Lynn says:

For goodness sake, Traci [re November 13th, 2007 at 6:16 pm ] - definitely not wise to bring religion into an already overwhelmed discussion here. It has no bearing whatsoever.

Read the entire blog, people.

81. Traci says:

“Maybe the gardener couldn’t speak English, but the property owner spoke Spanish and thus issued his instruction to go and wait in the car in Spanish.”

Page one of comments, Spanish speakers and derogatory comments to them were mentioned. I have read the whole blog.

82. Tanya says:

done any one else find it strange teh owner said “wait in the car???”

HELLO, if your dogs aren’t dangerous, why did you tell them to WAIT IN TEH CAR?

what if i want to streatch my legs, or have a smoke. hello. the dogs posed a threat. and the owner knew it

83. Tanya says:

you realize from witness accounts, he DIDNT CROSS proeprty lines.

he was in the unfenced area of the yard. you get that, right?

84. Lynn says:

Traci - I was referring to your posting of November 13th, 2007 at 6:43 pm - I think we’re talking apples and oranges here.

Tanya re November 13th, 2007 at 7:24 pm “done any one else find it strange teh owner said “wait in the car???”

Hell, no. If someone showed up an hour before he was supposed to I’d tell him to wait in the car, too. Why should I be inconvenienced? And I sure wouldn’t want some stranger poking around, possibly looking in windows, or letting puppies out of the yard.

If the gardener wanted to stretch his legs or have a smoke then he should have driven off and come back at the agreed upon time.

85. Lynn says:

Tanya [November 13th, 2007 at 7:27 pm]:

And you understand, I’m sure, that the minute you put foot on another’s land, fence or no fence, without the express permission of the landowner or as a person with legal authority to do so, you are trespassing.

You get THAT, right?

86. Lynn says:

Check out this link and scroll down a bit - photos taken today.

87. jada says:

We need to deport these ILLEGAL ALIENS NOW!!!!

CONGO THE GSD lost his court case today.
    Judge upheld the death sentence.

EVERYONE PLEASE WRITE & CALL
    New Jersey Gov.Corzine
    Urge him to OVERRIDE CONGO’s DEATH SENTENCE

Gov.’s office is taking a numerical tally on how many people call - please call him
    Office of the Governor PO Box 001 Trenton, NJ 08625
    609-292-6000
    email by going to his site: http://www.nj.gov/governor/govmail.html

NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY NEEDED!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    NY and PA residents also especially helpful…

For those not familiar with Congo’s case:
    1. two illegal immigrants were gardening at the family’s house
    2. they arrived an hour early
    3. they were told by the husband to stay in their truck until he could get out of the shower and get some clothes on
    4. the husband speaks Spanish and spoke to them in Spanish so there is no question they understand what they were told to do
    5. they directly disobeyed the husband and walked into the backyard with the wife, who had just pulled into the driveway)
    6. the two adult gsd’s and their puppies came running
    7. the gardeners paniced
    8. ONE GARDENER GRABBED THE WIFE AND WRESTLED HER TO THE GROUND, USING HER AS A PROTECTIVE SHIELD
    9. Congo thought his owner was being attacked and went after the gardener
    10. the gardener used his rake to beat at the puppies and inflicted some injuries on them
    11. the gardener changed his story three times (interesting note on official bias: when the owner said the gardener changed his story five times, the dog warden said “No, he only changed his story 3 times.”)

88. MaineMom says:

Get real! If a dog barks, growls or raises it ’s hackles you don’t need an intrepreter - get the heck out of Dodge. Only an idiot of any nationality would hang around. Even a person well known to a dog may be chased off the property if the owner isn’t present. My ex’s hunting buddy (well known to our flat coat from many years of duck and pheasant hunting) tried to enter our yard to borrow a cement mixer while we were gone. He told us later that he made a quick exit over the fence when Rip’s hair stood straight up on his neck and he bared his teeth, growled and charged. This guy was no genius - just smart enough not to hang around and get chewed up by a 100+ lb dog!

BTW - GE’s automated pre-repair phone calls now include a request to lock up CATS before the tech arrives. Actually no tech or sub-contractor works for us who does not like our animals. We’ve found our pets to be great judges of character.

89. Jenny Bark says:

I haven’t seen anything to change my mind. Thanks for all the links. I hope the Governor or the higher court will over rule. Imo this judge will never get elected again. I will call & e-mail the gov. tomorrow & my husband will call at lunch.

sorry I wasn’t here for the dabate but I’ve had a ruff day & my baby Tornado is sick. Don’t know what is wrong but he doesn’t look good at all. Going to watch him close tonight & deside wheater to take him to er or waite till Thursday for my vet. She is closed on Wedesday. I’ll get on line some time tomorrow to find out if there is anything new.

90. Thel Josenhans says:

We have a gentel , loving Germen Sheherd ,
    They can sence evil people , what there intent is , the same as , they can smell better , This dog , should be praised , for defending , the women , & that crazy …control officer , should be fired , for not seeing ,the whole story . My God , just because the guy was bit , maybe …. the judge , should have…….seen WHY , the worker , was wrong , I hope the dog bit him , in the ass , for what pain , He has caused this family ,
    NO, NO ,the dog should not be put down, some one , needs to check out this workers back grown , bet , he has a record , just , looking for trouble ,no desent man , pulls a women , in front of a biting dog ,doesn’t that , tell some one some thing ? He is a low-life. T.K.J. Thel

91. Lynn says:

Jenny Bark: You take care of Tornado and I’ll keep on top of this blog.

Thel Josenhans: I hope Mr. James’ attorney did do a thorough check on Giovanni Rivera. And you are so right, “He is a low-life.”

For those of you who believe Congo should be spared, please call New Jersey Governor John Corzine’s office in Trenton NJ on Wed. AM at

1-609-292-6000

and tell them you want Congo released NOW. They are taking a tally, so please call.

92. ellis says:

Apparently, besides racists and rocket scientists, there are a bunch of psychics here who can say positively what other people saw, heard, or understood. Absolutely amazing.

The adults in control of the household are 100% at fault, in my opinion. You know there will be workers on the property next day… so you take steps to ensure the safety of those you have *arranged* to have on your property. That doesn’t mean inspect their ladders and other equipment. That does mean restrain the dog.

Here’s an interesting quote: “When a person in possession of land fails to protect a visitor from a dangerous dog, this type of negligence is sometimes pursued under the doctrine of premises liability. The underlying act or omission is the unreasonable failure of the defendant to eliminate the danger, warn of it, or protect the visitor from it. States that employ the premises liability doctrine in dog bite cases ask whether the victim was a trespasser, licensee or invitee, and permit only the latter two categories of people to recover compensation.”

Of course, that only bolsters my idea that the owner should be publically humiliated and financially ruined, instead of imposing the death sentence for Congo.

Oh, and I am not a lawyer. :-)

93. Traci says:

“Oh, and I am not a lawyer. :-)”

Shouldn’t that be accompanied by

“But I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.” ?

(I couldn’t resist.)

94. Lynn says:

Ellis:

Never for a moment did I think you were a lawyer. And none of us claim to be rocket scientists, psychics, and certainly not racists, as you have declared us. While most of us take great pains to cite our references and to post a message based on what we’ve read in credible journals, who among us can say that the journalist understood all the facts correctly? We can’t; we can only go on the links we have and form opinions on the basis presented. Granted, some bloggers don’t take the time to do the research and instead post a message based on hunch or their perceived understanding, but by and large, many of us post opinions on the basis of the legitimate information at hand.

You, of course, are totally entitled to your opinion. However I fail to see how it is the fault of the Jameses when in fact there was a prearranged appointment time at 8AM and the laborers decided on their own to show up an hour earlier without consulting the Jameses.
    Your quote was probably taken from http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/legal_ri.htm which also states that “Broadly speaking, all states hold a person responsible for a dog bite if the person ordered or made the dog attack the victim, or if the person knowingly kept a dog that previously bit a person or exhibited a tendency or intention to someday bite a person. Additionally, almost all states make a person legally liable for negligence that results in any injury caused by a dog, and violating a public health and safety law such as a leash law or a prohibition against dogs running at large if it lead to the dog bite. Some states refer to the doctrine of premises liability when the victim is harmed on the dog owner’s property, but the basis of liability nevertheless is grounded upon negligence.” Of course, this is generic and I do not know New Jersey law.
    I DO know, however, that the laborers entered the property after being told in their own language not to do so. I also know that the dog had never bitten someone before. I also know that the owners did not initiate the attack. Most states address liability in conjunction with negligence, but I fail to see how, when the owner tells the laborers to stay off his property, in THEIR language, and the laborers take it upon themselves to subsequently enter the property anyway, how the Jameses could be liable.
    But here’s the kicker, Ellis: YOU are making the assumption that these dogs are dangerous. You apparently don’t know dogs well, for ALL dogs can be dangerous when they sense fear or are provoked as Congo was. Even a 3# chihuahua. Believe me, my 2 and a half pound Maltese would have had your pants in bloody shreds if you came onto our property without my “all clear” signal.
    Your statement, “When a person in possession of land fails to protect a visitor from a dangerous dog, this type of negligence is sometimes pursued under the doctrine of premises liability. The underlying act or omission is the unreasonable failure of the defendant to eliminate the danger, warn of it, or protect the visitor from it. States that employ the premises liability doctrine in dog bite cases ask whether the victim was a trespasser, licensee or invitee, and permit only the latter two categories of people to recover compensation,” Ellis, is very brittle at best because, you see, the laborers were trespassers. Not until 8AM were the laborers “invitees.” And no, the wife did not invite them into the yard; they just followed her in, unbeknownst to her. James took every precaution to warn the laborers of a potential problem.

I suggest you read the first few sentences of New Jersey dog bite law at: http://www.njlaws.com/dog_bites.htm

It states [BOLD TYPE MINE]: “If someone hops your fence, trespasses on your land, and your dog bites him, you are not liable. However, New Jersey does impose strict liability if your dog bites someone IF IT IS LOOSE OR IF THE PERSON BITTEN WAS N A PUBLIC PLACE OR PERMITTED ON YOUR PROPERTY. NJSA 4:19-16 provides:
    “The owner of any dog which shall bite a person while such person is on or in a public place, or LAWFULLY on or in a private place, including the property of the owner of the dog, shall be liable for such damages as may be suffered by the person bitten, regardless of the former viciousness of such dog or the owner’s knowledge of such viciousness.”

I’m really surprised that James’ lawyer didn’t push that to the limits.

95. ellis says:

Lynn, on the same page you link to there is this: “In deciding whether the plaintiff was on or in a public place or lawfully on or in a private place, including the property of the defendant, you should note that anyone whose presence is **expressly or impliedly** permitted on the property is entitled to the protection of the statute. The permission extends to all areas where the plaintiff may reasonably believe to be included within its scope. DeRobertis v. Randazzo, 94 N.J. 144 (1983).” (emphasis added by me)

How can any REASONABLE person believe that the laborers were in any way at fault or in any way provoked this horrible attack? Here illegally? Fine ~~ send ‘em back. .25mil sounds like a fair settlement for what obviously were life-changing and horribly disfiguring injuries.

What’s the difference when the laborers showed-up? Either they were instructed by the homeowner or a contractor as to when and where to be that morning. Either way, and try to wrap your head around this, having to suffer an attack from a large dog with sharp teeth is NOT FITTING PUNISHMENT for showing-up to work early.

You do not know what was said, or what anyone heard. The laborers were there with a purpose that included them being on the property. That they were there 60 minutes before work was supposed to start means nothing. If they showed-up at 8am and started work at 8:15 they probably would have been yelled at.

Of course, I’m not a Judge, and this would have all been decided by a Judge or jury had the insurance company thought the effort to be worth $250,000.

(your words, Lynn:) “But here’s the kicker, Ellis: YOU are making the assumption that these dogs are dangerous. You apparently don’t know dogs well, for ALL dogs can be dangerous when they sense fear or are provoked as Congo was. ”

Oh, Lynn… I so agree with you there. All dogs have the ability to be dangerous. That is why it is the responsibility of the owner to, at the very least, take reasonable steps to ensure the safety of those who enter the premises rightfully. I think where we differ is that you think the laborers had no right to be in/at the place where the attack happened. You even call them trespassers and make the distinction that exactly 60 minutes later they wouldn’t be… even though the adult responsible for controlling the dogs was present at 7am. Insane.

“Quite frankly, if a rapist came onto the property and attempted to rape the owner and the dog attacked, the dog would be hailed a hero. [Thanks to whoever posted that thought.]”

96. Robert Davis says:

I posted this piece…

And as a reponse to these words “Are you inferring that the laborers had malicious intentions? No, of course you’re not. Because, I mean, there’s a big difference between a rapist and someone who you’ve arranged to come and fix something at your house. Right, Lynn? You do understand this, don’t you? :-)”

The person was not given permission to get out of the car. They were told to get back in in their native toungue, they beat the puppies (malicious) and attacked the wife by grabbing her and escalating the issue.

The permission to enter the property was revoked when the man said get back in the car. There is a difference between dangerous dogs and dogs that protect their family. These dogs protected their own. I would certainly not want a breed of dog that would not protect me if I was being pulled to the ground. The owner did was right and told the man to get in the car since his dogs had not been introduced to them and he preferred them not to be startled by strangers. The owner made a specific time for the workers to come out so he could put his dogs away for everyones sake. It is sad to see some jump on the evil bandwagon that the owner was at fault and then Congo must die….the workers got bit because they provoked the attack. Period. I believe the judge was in error. I hope the Gov. will stay the execution…..wish the dog could escape from dog jail somehow.

97. shibadiva says:

Congo is in doggie hell right now. According to reports, he is so depressed, he has to be hand-fed. If he’s in there for the duration of the appeal, I hope he is able to adjust somehow.

The whole thing just demonstrates (again) that humans are dangerous to animals.

98. Lynn says:

Ellis: November 14th, 2007 at 4:09 am

“Lynn, on the same page you link to there is this: “In deciding whether the plaintiff was on or in a public place or lawfully on or in a private place, including the property of the defendant, you should note that anyone whose presence is **expressly or impliedly** permitted ”

There was no implication that they could access the property in that James expressly prohibiting the laborers from accessing the property.

“What’s the difference when the laborers showed-up? Either they were instructed by the homeowner or a contractor as to when and where to be that morning.”

The concurred upon time was 8AM. Then the laborers, of their own volition, chose to come an hour earlier, which was not acceptable to the property owner. And I have to tell you that when I make appointments with anyone, be it professional or residentally-related, I make the appointments at a specific time because I have other commitments. For someone to decide it’s ok to come an hour earlier or later is rude, inappropriate, unprofessional, and is an abuse of my time.

“Either way, and try to wrap your head around this, having to suffer an attack from a large dog with sharp teeth is NOT FITTING PUNISHMENT for showing-up to work early.”

Most people don’t deserve dog bites. However, anyone who grabs a member of my family to the point where the person is pulled to the ground, or attacks one of MY animals, is very deserving of being bitten and then some.

“The insurance company (with legal *staff* at-the-ready) thought it best to shovel 250K to an illegal instead of fighting in court to defend the person who bought the policy from them. That in itself speaks volumes to the home owner’s liability.”

No, it only speaks to the insurance company’s unwillingness to get caught up in what could potentially be a long, drawn out affair that would cost hefty insurance company resources. Settlement is NOT an admission of guilt. They knew it was an iffy situation and decided it best to just pay it off and make it go away.

“You do understand this, don’t you? :-)”

I understand that your final remark is a poor attempt to intimidate me. You are not capable of doing so.

And, yes, I am a very reason person. You have no idea.

99. ellis says:

Lynn, if I wanted to intimidate you I would point out your poor grammar and vocabulary. :-)

I think it’s somewhat amusing how many people here harp over and over the same lines: they showed-up an hour early, they disregarded instructions given in their native language (that they *must* have heard), one of them ‘attacked’ the wife and beat helpless puppies with a rake, blah blah blah.

The insurance company would have either gone to court or settled at a much smaller amount if it thought the victim was in any way at fault or the home owner’s liability could be mitigated.

The laborer probably thought he was going to work! Maybe he is deaf or just plain stupid… and guess what? Stupid counts in his favor and against the home owner. He (the laborer) would have never grabbed the wife if the dog wasn’t threatening him. He (the laborer) was allowed to exit a car at a location where he knew he would be working, and the dumba** owner knew they would be there shortly.

It is the owner’s responsibility to provide a safe environment for people who have right to be on the property. That includes guests, family members, and people who are asked to come in to do repairs. You can’t go calling someone a trespasser before 8am and not after 8am, Lynn. That isn’t how it works.

Folks, I love animals too, and Congo’s possible demise is just bad news on top of an already bad situation… but humans are SUPPOSED to be REASONABLE in thought… and how any of you can say that liability for this issue rests anywhere but with the owner is crazy.

I’ll say it again. Congo shouldn’t be on the chopping block. Congo’s owner should.

100. shibadiva says:

Congo has been badly let down by the humans involved here.

I seem to recall reading that the guy’s gate was open because his wife had been looking for a straying puppy, so the dogs were effectively loose. Maybe Mr. James didn’t know that. Or if he did, he preferred to finish his leisurely shower.

If tradespeople showed up at my fenced property an hour early and my dogs happened to be out for a potty break, I’d be out there right then to make sure no gate was breached, that the dogs were brought back inside, and that nobody came near the yard until that happened.

101. Lynn says:

Gee, Ellis,

Is that the best you can do? Attack my grammar? Yes, you get off on that. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

102. ellis says:

Lynn, reading your ~20 word reply I’m getting the indication that you’ve run out of relevant points to add to the discussion. Not surprising, as one of the last comments you made was how if the laborers had been rapists then Congo would be a hero.

Sorry to see my joke about grammar and spelling went over poorly, as I really had no idea why you thought I was trying to intimidate you. Oh well, at least you were here to confront me and call me on my rudeness.

103. MaineMom says:

Ellis - If someone comes to my house at an unspecified time my animals are not in “lock down.” Are yours? Pick one: 1. They are not confined; 2. I do not have any pets; 3. I keep all my animals confined to crates, dog runs or chained 365/24/7. By the way, #3 is animal abuse.

At least I think we all agree that Congo does not deserve to die because he tried to protect his owner.

104. Lynn says:

Ellis,

You wrote, “Too bad the laborers weren’t around to refute your inference that they were rapists.”

Amazing how you ever deduced such a thing since no one else did.

Simply stated, responding to you is not worth my time.

105. Judge Upholds Ruling For Congo The Dog To Be Put Down | Itchmo: News For Dogs & Cats says:

[…] story of Congo, a 2 1/2-year-old German Shepherd, has been making nationwide headlines. There has been debate over if this dog was simply protecting […]

106. Joseph says:

This is bullshit, if anyone were to try and put down my dog they would get a face full of lead. Fuck the gardener, and the law enforcement involved. Wow, they are sacks of shit.

107. Bill Johnson says:

A dog should be trained not to attack anyone, ever. The guy shows up for work early and is afraid of an 85 lb dog and deserves to be attacked? Congo needs to be put down now.

It’s just a dog.

108. EDgar says:

First of all the whole thing with the illegal aliens thats just ignorant we aliens are trying to make a living and all you white or jews should be the last people talking about immigration considering the true americans are the native americans not you people specially the jews ya dont even have a country. LOL and second of all that dog should be put to sleep becuase as it states above the dog was unprovoked.But sinc it a german sheperd its a good dog BULLSHIT. if it would have been a pitbull or a pitbull mixed it would had been allready put to sleep. Yet pitbulls are the most obidient dogs since 1990. So in the end put that dog to sleep!!!!

109. frank says:

Goes to show you just how stupid these illegal scum are. They just dont get it! The issue is not whether he is a human being or a martian, the fact is he is here illegally and should’nt get a damn thing. We taxpayers even paid for him to be in the hopsital. What a joke the USA has become to the entire world. Want to kill someone or rob someone, come to the USA, you’ll get away with it because of scum lawyers like the illegals themselves.

110. Truth and Jusitce says:

Funny how sick Americans are and how racist they are against everyone else who isn’t considered American huh? All I see here are a bunch of ignorant *******s who forgot where THEIR true roots where from. Mexicans are as American as the native American because where did Americans Settlers originate? Can’t answer that can you? The real illgeals are us who almost wiped out an entire culture of Native Americans when our forefathers took away this land from them. I truly feel ashamed to call myself an American if this is our behaviour toward another fellow man- we are all the same no matter where we come from, remember that you bunch of sons-of-bithches!

I am an American shamely I say these words onto all of you because we represent a nation of hate and great racism still towards all those who do not speak our language.

The Jameses are purposely manipulating the story and making the hard working Honduran 42yr old man as if he was assualting the lady and being beating the dog intentionally- shame on everyone here for thinking this when I see it all clear it was not that way.

The man was hiding behind the woman in hope the dog would regconize her and stop from his attack on him- who wouldn’t hide behind the owner to protect thier life? I would have smacked the dog with whatever I had too to defend myself and avoid being eaten alive as the Gardener was. If the dog would have bitten another family member or friend who stopped by, people would be screamning to kill the dog, but since it’s a illegal, it’s perfectly fine to have a dog kill him- who cares right, it’s ONLY an immagrant.

Our humanity is devolvingmore ear year and we are becoming more cruel towards one another. Animals should NEVER be put above human life- no mattetr who the f*** they are period!

Everyone in this forum makes me sick and I hope the dog is killed unless the family wishes to donate him to the police to work as a guard dog- those types of breeds are always being trained for violent actions as pitbulls, they are NOT family pets. Get a freakin Shih-Tzu if you want a family dog next time. The owner is to blame for this whole tradegy for leaving the door open WHEN knowing he had workers whom were arriving. Now he is manipulating everything and posting pictures of the dog with kids to have the community feel sorry for such a dangerous dog- FU** THAT DOG!

111. Truth and Jusitce says:

The Jameses are just mad because this hard working Honduran got such a large settlement and is now considered rich and this pisses everyone off because they have to keep working their whole life and never even have 1/3 of that amount in their savings in their entire life. Lets be real.

Theirs hatred, racism, jealously and pure evil here filled with lies. The real tradegy is how the owner KNEW these men wee coming to work on the yard and was too lazy to cage up the dogs abd by saying his story of trying to warn the worker not to get out of car, he is clearly admitting the dog WAS dangerous and could not be trusted.

I can’t be the ONLY one who sees the truth am I?

112. the REAL truth says:

“Mexicans are as American as the native American because where did Americans Settlers originate? Can’t answer that can you? ”

yeah…i can answer that. Mexican ancestors came from Spain and conquered the indigenous Indians who lived there. USA ancestors came from various places in Europe and did the same here and ya know what…they didn’t break any immigration laws in the process because there were none. but now there are laws in place and if you do not go through proper channels to enter the country, you have no right to be here. how does Mexico (and other countries, for that matter) respond to people who have entered their country illegally? what “rights” do they have if they are injured or wronged while illegally in that country?

113. Peter G says:

The conclusion that I get from the website and the comments “this is a racist website”. If the victim was a white guy named Smith, the dog will be death by now.

114. Jordan says:

Why has everyone gotten off the subject. This is why America is the way it is now! U are all fighting among each other instead of fighting for what’s right in the point at hand!
    First of all everyone is talking about the dog! Everyone lost focus on the fact that the Man is An Illiegal Immigrant! Another Illiegal Immigrant that shouldn’t be here! Making Money; TAX FREE! Just here to exploit our beautiful country while we sit here and watch. The FACT is that another F*@# Immigrant has won $250,000 of OUR money! Now how many new immigrants are going to go Sue Happy on our people?
    Second, He was specifically told not to get out of the Truck! If he can’t speak or understand English, maybe he should go back to where he came from. We as Americans speak English as our primary Language. I know American people who have been denied jobs because they weren’t Bi-Lingual.
    Anyway, My point is If we stuck together like we did in the earlier days, instead of fighting amongst ourselfs, maybe we could help some of these situations. A Dog Officer lost the Paper work!? Come on Now. Are we really that Niave? If You or I was Late paying Taxes, they would be taken directly out of our pay, or out of our Bank Accounts. But Immigrants, don’t pay taxes, but yet the’re standing in line waiting for our SOCIAL SECURITY, AND WELFARE, AND GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE AND they can’t even be considerate enough to learn ENGLISH! AND Yet, The’re SCREAMING Discrimination, and Fighting For EQUAL Rights!? What the HEll? I know I’m not the only one who sees this. Everyone I talk to sees the same things.
    What is going on here guys!?
    This dog did it’s job. Protect its family. When that man put his hands on the Wife, and she screamed; The dog attacked. Plain and Simple! After he was already Told to stay inside the vehicle till the dogs where put away! Those are the FACTS of the story. You might disagree with my thoughts, but Facts are Facts. And the FACT is the dog did nothing wrong!

115. Jordan says:

Why is it when people bring up immigration we’re racist? This is the problem…OH, well. I have Mexican Friends, Black Friends, Colombian friends… They all came here Legally! They are not Border Jumpers. They speak English, and live by our governments way of live. They don’t think they need special attention. They are here to make a life, not send money back to their country.
    When Immigration is brought up everyone gets touchy. The general phrase is aimed towards, Illegal border Jumpers, not people who come here the right way.

116. Terry says:

You brain dead momkeys that defend these third world scum do not deserve the protection of patriotic Americans. These south of the border racist scum are slaughtering American blacks, because their black!!!!!!! Laraza, the race, true Americans see them for what they are. We are now ready to deal with it.

117. Frank says:

This dog defended it’s owners. My brother’s rott Matrix will bark if a stranger comes into the house and raises their hands around women when talking. Once it gets familar with those people though, it doesn’t bark, and is a teddy bear.

If a stranger hit Matrix, it would be a silly move that would provoke an attack for sure. The dog would tear their heads off, but then again, it would have to be provoked to attack.

I understand the immigrant was afraid and did things he should not have done. For one, he didn’t obey the owner when he requested he wait until he came into the yard. He then threatened the dog and assaulted the owner’s wife by throwing her on the ground. The dog would be useless if he didn’t attack.

Is the judge clueless in this case? Does he/she own a dog? The guy had several bites, but a dog, when angry is fast and furious. He could have done that damage in 3-5 seconds.

Lets recap:
    The intruder went into the dog’s domain
    Hit the dog with a weapon
    Dragged the owner’s wife to the ground and she was screaming

The dog bites the guy and he got $250,000 ??

I have some questions.
    Is he an illegal immigrant?
    If so, he was breaking the law first.
    Was he invited on the property at that time?
    If not, he was trespassing.
    Did he not assult the dog?
    If so, he should be arrested for animal cruelty.
    Did he assualt the woman and hold her against her will?
    This would be assault.

The dog doesn’t deserve to die for this. He deserves a metal. He did what he thought he should have done. It happened on his turf. It wasn’t like the dog was running around loose in the streets attacking people.

118. JT says:

James’s story about landscaper attacking his wife sounds like utter BS
    to me. Something in this story serious does not add up. If my dog was
    outside and was aggressively barking at anybody I would have her inside
    and under control in 10secs. I know she is protective and so I would not
    let her out unsupervised. So either James was not around or his dog does
    not obey him. In both cases he can only blame himself .
    But that aside - Congo does not know or care if victim was illegal
    immigrant. Today he attacked Honduran landscaper and tomorrow he
    will attack (and kill) your precious 7yo blond daughter riding her bike
    thru the same neighborhood. Dog that attacks and bites is a ticking bomb
    and should be destroyed. Ethnicity or legal status of victim has nothing to
    do with it whatsoever.

119. sstead says:

This board is heavily edited. Posts are removed daily. Orwellian at best. Which ones do you choose to remove the most. If you mention race as a factor in this issue then you are a racist. I have read several articles that rightly do not even hint at a racial connection. Change the players to A 72 year old Avon lady who is late for an appointment made by a mexican immigrant home owner whose pitbulls mauled her under similar warnings etc. Would you switch sides in the debate?

120. C.PATTERSON says:

SAVE CONGO ! THE DOG WAS ONLY PROTECTING HIS OWNER.

121. My thoughts says:

This is not about the man who was attacked being an illegal immigrant. Is it right to put the dog down for defending his owner? Frank had some great points when he said, “I have some questions.
    Is he an illegal immigrant?
    If so, he was breaking the law first.
    Was he invited on the property at that time?
    If not, he was trespassing.
    Did he not assult the dog?
    If so, he should be arrested for animal cruelty.
    Did he assualt the woman and hold her against her will?
    This would be assault.”

It doesn’t matter if the man who was attacked was mexican, white, black, asian etc… The dog was defending the owner. The dog isn’t trained to always attack and kill, he hasn’t had a record before this incident. The dog, although, was trained to defend himself and his owner.
    Put yourself in this situation…
    You are at home, someone comes into your home unexpected and they attack you. The dog sees all this and he just sits there and watches. Would you be content that there was no intervention? Let’s try the same situation but your dog actually does something. He tries to protect you and stops the predator.
    In the situation with Congo, he interveined. He saw that his owner was pulled down by this unknown man which left the owner to scream, and the dog did what he had to do.
    By New Jersey Law it states that a dog is allowed to protect themselves and owners. That was exactly what he did.

122. Trish says:

I just have to say that there are so many misinformed morons on here that it absolutely sickens me!
    1. The dog was PROTECTING his family. And to the people who are saying that ‘even in a perceived attack you must be able to control your dog’ well….if I “perceive” that I am being attacked I’m going to be upset if my dog DOESN’T defend me!
    2. This has absolutely nothing to do with the immigration status of the worker. This has to do solely with the worker’s apparent inability to follow simple instructions, by the way, the owner spoke SPANISH to him, so he KNEW what he was told to do!
    3.You idiots who insist that once a dog bites and “gets the taste of blood” it will forever more be a vicious animal need to read up a little. Police dogs bite people all the time, and these officers then take that same dog home to their families and have no concerns! Your argument is a MYTH that has been proved wrong time and time again!
    4. Police dogs DO NOT ALL RELEASE ON ONE COMMAND, AND AS SOMEONE WHO HAS WORKED WITH POLICE DOGS I CAN TELL YOU THAT, OFTEN, THE HANDLER HAS TO PHYSICALLY GRAB THE DOGS COLLAR AND PULL THEM OFF! Don’t talk about what you don’t know about!
    5. Congo was NOT overly aggressive in his attack, if he was, they would not have been able TO GET HIM OFF, and the guy would probably have been mortally wounded!
    6. As someone who has worked both in Vet offices and Shelters I can tell you that 90% of the Dog Control Officers are AFRAID of dogs and are basically pieces of shit on a power trip!
    7.And lastly, the guy that said that said if anyone tried to take HIS dog away they would get a face full of lead……..DAMN RIGHT! DON’T MESS WITH MY FAMILY- DON’T FUCK WITH MY DOGS!
    Give Congo a MEDAL for being a DAMN GOOD DOG- and the rest of you, crawl back under your rock and SHUT UP!

123. The Urban Grind » Where Is PETA When You Need Them? says:

[…] Via Itchmo: News For Dogs & Cats and Tammy Bruce […]

124. Mikeybbdrummin says:

My two cents. The guy was bitten because he must not understand OUR language. He didnt do what he was asked, to protect himself from the dogs he was scared of. If I was scared of dogs, and someone told me to wait till they put dogs away, you can bet I would be waiting. A Police dog can attack/protect his officer, the job he was trained for, and there is no questions asked. But a family protector can not evidently. A family being protected by its dog is just as important, if not more, as an officer being protected. What gives the guy the right to put his hands on a woman and knock her to the ground? Because he was scared? Scared or not, wasnt that an assault on the woman? And if not for the dog, he should have got his ass knocked out by the husband. To give the guy 250,000 AND kill the dog is ridiculous. This is a heads up to poeple hiring non English speaking help. DONT DO IT.

125. jc says:

i have a beagle retriever mix, he’s a year and a half years old, well, my neighbor was walking through my yard while were loading up the Uhaul truck, the dog came out the door and ran up to him, sniffing him out, my neighbor struck the dog with his fist, so my dog latched on to his sleeve, i called the dog off, and wen he let go, my neighbor hummed a rock (softball size) at my dogs head, nearly missing it, he went in to his house and called animal control. and now the county is trying to deem him a dangerous dog, please comment me back with legal suggestions to help my dog out, he is a good dog and doesnt deserve to be locked in a cage for two months until court and then have the possibility of being put down….please any help is appreciated email- godstoolatccc15@aol.com

126. EK says:

Congo, three other dogs euthanized following second vicious attack