Firefighters resuscitated four cats and an albino rat from a burning apartment in Idaho. The firefighters used special pet oxygen masks to revive the animals. The fire was likely caused by an electrical failure. One cat did not survive the fire.
One firefighter said that he was surprised that anything survived the flames that engulfed the apartment. He found the albino rat huddled in blacked bedding. When the firefighter was exiting the apartment, he did notice a poster of an albino rat with a halo over its head.