Firefighters Save Four Cats And An Albino Rat

Firefighters resuscitated four cats and an albino rat from a burning apartment in Idaho. The firefighters used special pet oxygen masks to revive the animals. The fire was likely caused by an electrical failure. One cat did not survive the fire.

One firefighter said that he was surprised that anything survived the flames that engulfed the apartment. He found the albino rat huddled in blacked bedding. When the firefighter was exiting the apartment, he did notice a poster of an albino rat with a halo over its head.

Source: CBSnews.com

6 Responses to “Firefighters Save Four Cats And An Albino Rat”

  1. Lynne says:

    Good for them!
    When in high school I discovered that the two rats in my science lab were to be killed at the end of the year. I asked my mom if I could bring them home. She said no. I did anyway. She was a good sport about it. I eventually gave them to a boy down the street. One of the rats (Charley) would go outside to play. When he wanted back in the house, he would sit at the front door until someone opened it. Charley would also drink Coke out of a cup.
    They are actually very smart and very amusing.

  2. Helen says:

    I wish every fire dept. had these masks. Firefighters are just great people, taking such risks to rescue humans and pets.

  3. Carolyn says:

    I have heard about these pet masks! So great that they were successfully used to save lives…and that the rat was not discriminated against! A happily ever after ending.

  4. Debbie4747 says:

    They are such heroes, even risking their own lives for the animals.

  5. Trudy Jackson says:

    What great hereos these guys are!

  6. pest control islington says:

    great site thanks for the information


Close
E-mail It