- FDA will not name companies until the companies say they used the shipment of rice protein in the manufacturing of foods.
- Wilbur-Ellis started receiving shipments from the Chinese company in July of 2006
- FDA has yet to test corn gluten after South Africa’s findings of melamine in corn gluten from China.
- Blue Buffalo identified as one of 5 companies that received tainted rice protein.
- Rice protein is less widely used as wheat gluten.
- Rice protein will be screened at import.
- Some contaminated products may have been used as pig feed.
Live blogging results at Pet Connection.