Firefighters said the reason for $50,000 of grease fire damages was because of a dog.
A Topeka woman was frying fish on the stove when she went outside to take the garbage. When she went outside, somehow her dog shut the door behind her.
She was not able to get back inside because the door was locked, so the fish continued to fry and it resulted in shooting flames and heavy smoke.
The woman was finally able to get back inside the house when her husband came home with a key. They tried to put out the fire, but it had already spread through the house.
It took 15 minutes for firefighters to put out the fire.
Everyone made it out safely, including the dog and their pet bird. The couple is just happy that everyone made it out and said this is why they have homeowner’s insurance.
Source: All Headline News