Innova Testing Results Posted By CEO Of Natura In Our Forums

Toxin tests performed on Innova dog food (by an Itchmo member) got more attention today when the CEO of Natura, Peter Atkins, posted their test results. Natura owns the Innova brand.

On Jun 4, 2007, Donna (Itchmo username PFR07PS) received test results on her sample of Innova dog food from ExperTox stating that it tested positive for acetaminophen and cyanuric acid. She was prompted to test for toxins after spotting black and white chunks in the Innova kibble.

Innova Kibble with specksShe paid for two tests. The first, performed on the dog kibble itself, tested negative for toxins. However, the second test, performed on just the black and white specks in the dog food (shown in photo) tested positive for cyanuric acid and acetaminophen.

Natura’s CEO said that the specks in the dog food are vitamin mineral premixes that did not dissolve during the manufacturing process — something Atkins said was “very uncommon”. He also added that the amounts of vitamins found in the kibble should not present any problems for pets.
The results found its way on to the ItchmoForums. Yesterday, the CEO of Natura responded in the thread with their test results — including a test of a similar batch of dog food from ExperTox. The sample of dog food sent in by Donna in May to Natura was not tested.

Atkins said:

Samples of both the retained samples of the actual production run for Donna’s food (the retain sample is a composite of the entire production run and does include a representative sample of Donna’s food, including a sample taken directly in the middle of the two samples that she sent us - i.e. Donna’s samples were stamped 2019 and 2022; our retain is time stamped 2021) and the premix used in that production was sent to two different laboratories for testing. As expected, both tests have come back negative for acetaminophen contamination.

He also continued on to apologize to Natura’s customers via the post, however Donna says that she has yet to receive a call from Atkins.

Atkins said although Natura is continuing to use Menu Foods’ South Dakota plant for their wet foods, they are still committed to building or buying their own plant. He added that Natura no longer sources any ingredients from China.

Donna’s full email to us is below:

I have followed the pet food recall very closely, mostly because I want to protect my two dogs as best I can. I thought I was in as safe a position as I could be as we purchased what is commonly referred to as a “super premium” dog food.

On May 3, we purchased two bags of Innova adult dry dog food. We opened the first bag the following week and fed our dogs a couple of meals from that bag. When we prepared their next meal we were surprised to discover some large black and beige unknown objects actually embedded in the kibble. These chunks were very hard and varied in size; some protruded sharply from the kibble. We opened the second bag and found the same. We contacted the company to alert them to what we found and even offered pictures of the foreign objects. The rep told me they did not need to see the pictures, but a few days later told us we could submit a sample for analysis.

We decided to obtain a second analysis from AccuTrace in Arlington, TX. This analysis was done privately at our expense. A few days later the lab called with the results. First, the overall test of the kibble did not detect any of the known toxins (melamine, etc.). However, the analysis of the black and beige objects yielded the detection of acetaminophen and cyanuric acid. I cannot explain how shocked I was to hear the results. The analysis was done with the GC/MS technique.

The black and beige specks are actually embedded into the kibble. There is no possible way someone could insert these objects after the kibble was manufactured and packaged. We do not take acetaminophen nor do we have any in our house. We purchased the bags at the pet store, opened them in our home and we are the only persons who had access to the bags. Therefore, it is our conclusion that the objects were embedded in the kibble during the production process. The lab has also assured us of their confidence in the detection of the contaminants of acetaminophen and cyanuric acid. To date, I have not been advised of the results of the analysis from Natura Pet, makers of Innova.

We do not believe the dogs had enough of this food to make them sick. However, starting in January both dogs were sick over the course of two months. It was sporadic and hard to determine why they continued to have tummy aches, refuse their meals, vomit, appear very lethargic, and the female experienced terrible problems with incontinence. I placed repeated phone calls to the manufacturer to determine if there were formula or supplier changes that might have resulted in a change in the food that might have upset their stomachs. I was repeatedly told, “no changes.” The only common denominator for their illnesses was the dog food. Unfortunately, I have none of that food to test.

I share this information to encourage others to be suspect of any and all pet foods. Do not ignore what your pet is trying to tell you. If they do not want to eat the food, there is a reason. If they show unusual symptoms or behavioral changes, check it out with your vet immediately. You must do your own research and testing to ensure the safety, health and well-being of your pet.

161 Responses to “Innova Testing Results Posted By CEO Of Natura In Our Forums”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

Very important that Natura test the food samples Donna sent to them.

Test the BITS (which came from the premix) using the GC/MS technique, same sensitivity, etc. Either confirm or not confirm Donna’s findings and provide a logical explanation for the results - - whatever they may be.

Testing a different handful of food using a different test method proves nothing.

I could possibly forgive a manufacturing error, but a coverup? Not in a million years.

Natura, we need some answers here. Fast.

2. thomas says:

Did I just read they stopped getting any products from China ? What did they receive from China and when did they stop using it? Why didn”t they test the vitamin premix for acetaminophen, cynauric acid at Expertox?Is that the ingredient they imported?

Why did the food make my dogs sick?

3. mittens says:

i think this points up the glaring problem of the entire pet food recall-

what actually happened- exactly what went wrong. where, how long, and why. it has never be adequetly let alone scientifically shown what precisely was sickening and killing pets and what exactly it was contained in and where that item came from.

maybe these questions have been answered- which is the most frightening and infuriating thing of all- and we have purposely not been told.

with now the new round of pet ood human food recalls it’s clear that the food manufacturing system in this country is improperly functioning, inadequetly supervised and is going to kiill people and pets. my grandfather canned food all the time. you only heard about botulism from faulty home canning and damged manufactured cans-the canning process has been around so long and our technology is so advanced now our food supply should be more safer and sanitary then ever.

the question the fda refuses to answer or investigate properly is-why is it not ?

i use evo dry cat food. i want to know why their goddamn food tested positive for painkillers. i want to know NOW. i understand that the original suspect sample was from an open bag which unfortunately is considered scientifically unsound no matter how true the test results are and how truthful the owner of the bag is.

if this dog food ,which i am unfamiliar with , does not contain grain ( the evo i use does not) that just about heaves out the gluten as culprit and thus solved happy thought the pet food industry has been trying to coast out of this fiasco on.

it just all seems like a manufactured answer. no answer really at all.

Natura may not realize it, but Donna has done them a HUGE favor.

Mr. Atkins owes her a phone call and a “thank you”.

As a user of Natura products, I thank Donna, and my cats thank Donna.

5. Captn' Carl says:

Donna: Hat’s off to you for the determination to find out just what the problem with Natura’s food was. The lies about the white and black objects imbedded in the food come as no surprise.

Regarding the Natura CEO’s replies:

Since when are Acetaminophen and Cyanuric Acid also known as or considered to be vitamins and minerals?

Peter Atkins is just another lying bastard! One of hundreds involved in trying to cover up what is really going on.

Donna hit the nail on the head with two statements she made:

The First: “Do not ignore what your pet is trying to tell you. If they do not want to eat the food, there is a reason. If they show unusual symptoms or behavioral changes, check it out with your vet immediately.”

And Secondly: “You must do your own research and testing to ensure the safety, health and well-being of your pet.”

I have never had a pet that would not immediately eat whatever was given them if they liked it. When a pet refuses to eat something, they are telling you something.

Unfortunately, I have read several previous posts where the poisoned food was forced on the pet because it was “supposed to be healthy”. These grieving surviving pet owners are now each in their own private hell because they believed the lies spoon fed them by the Corporate Liars.

The Words “Premium”, “Super Premium” and like “BAIT PHRASES mean absolutely nothing, and in fact wherever they are displayed should trigger an immediate red flag and warning that bold faced lies are once again being used to induce confidence. Look around. How many things touted as “Premium” really measure up to the definition of that term? Few if any.

Look at how misleading and useless the word “Discount” has become over the years. It used to mean a savings. It now just represents another devious ploy to sucker consumers into paying higher prices for something that could be had for less without the term “Discount”!

Buyer bewares, and in this case, be doubly suspicious of the useless wording used to hype products for your pets.

Russian roulette.

Thanks Donna for following through and exposing another Corporate Liar for what he is and their products as dangerous despite his lies!

6. susan says:

I was feeding my two cats Prairie Life kibble and Innova EVO kibble when the pet food issue began to pick up steam. Having eaten all of the previous bags, I bought a new bag of each and that’s when my cats refused to eat. I didn’t notice anything different w/ the Prairie Life (although I recognize that my cats’ sense of smell is much better than mine). However, I did notice the same kind of black flecks in the EVO (no white flecks) ! That’s when I tossed the kibble and began home cooking while putting several other varieties of kibble to the taste-test of my cats. I ended up going w/ KumpiKat (that I learned about from the postings on this site). In four months of feeding this food, I’ve seen more kitten-like behavior and energetic play out of my guys.

They’re not finicky eaters, but they know when something isn’t right. I, too, watch their behavior closely. You know your pets personality better than anyone… even better than your vet. If you think something’s not right and your vet disagrees, take your pet to another vet. Listen to your animals… they will tell you when something is amiss.

Susan

7. Suzanna says:

5CatMom says:
    July 24th, 2007 at 2:44 pm

“Many folks would have thrown the food away and changed brands rather than do the work to have the food tested get Natura in the loop.”

Oh, thank God I didn’t throw the Innova dry food away that killed my dog back in March ‘07. I saved the food . . . and only God knew why I should. Now I will have it tested to confirm that I was RIGHT back then. That food killed my dog. Period. I’m sending samples to ExperTox and will pay $375 for the testing. I will be happy to report to Itchmo the lab reports in 8-10 days as they said. I am so sick and tired and disgusted with what the pet food companies are getting away with!!!! Innova???? NO MORE. I’m done. I’m ready to do whatever it takes to expose them, no matter what it costs me. My sweet, most loving and loyal dog deserves justice for this crime.

8. Carol says:

Although at first I was pleased that this CEO actually took the time to do the testing, I find it alarming that he would not do it at the same lab–apples to apples as they say-0- but I find the fact that he did not contact her first is more insulting to Donna and All the pet parents who have concerns about this “unusual undissolved pre-mix” that won’t harm our pets! Maybe he could eat it in front of us to verify he knows what he is talking about!

9. bengals says:

ok, I’m confused…I feed my kitties Innova EVO. I understand this is the dog food line, and EVO is not the same line as the regular Innova….should I be worried too??? My kitties seem to be perfectly fine. They eat both EVO hard and soft food.

Due to our previous unacceptable experience with problem (non)identification and (non)resolution in the petfood indusry and FDA, we should then consider any vitamin-fortified petfood suspect.

Since bulk of vitamins now sourced from China. So where is the vitamin pre-mix really coming from? A third-party supplier that masks the country of origin?

Are Innova’s dog and cat foods mfrd at the same plant?
    Are ingredients for all Innova varieties sourced from same supplier(S)?
    Are all ingredients currently being used ON the label? If not, what are they, how long have they been used, who is the supplier and what is the country of origin?

Full and complete 100% truthful disclosure is the only acceptable response to satisfy Innova customers. NOW. AND ACTUAL COMPARABLE TEST RESULTS.

Just got off the phone with a customer service representative at Natura (800/532-7261).

I have a few questions about the “supplements” that are used in their cat foods.

OK Natura, what supplements/ingredients do YOU test and what tests do YOU perform?

Innova has already lost my business by their handling of this.

prev. post: Yes, some of the “supplements” come from China. And yes, they come with certificates of purity.

and those “certificates of purity” can double as toilet paper imo.

17. Carol says:

I don’t have a real good sense of safety with “certificate of purity” from China. Anybody else???

18. Garyn says:

I am not surpised that Natura did not call Donna. I emailed Natura in March 2007, as soon as I found out that menu made their food, to tell them my cat had stopped eating her Innova canned in December 06 after loving it for five years, and that despite her not wanting to eat it, I continued thereafter to feed it (yes I am in a private hell about that) and beginning at that time, I alternated it with Fancy Feast. I told them that she died on March 4, 2007. I asked several questions of Natura including with regard to their claim of using healthy ingredients, cross contamination etc. I never heard one word from them. I did not even get a reply email saying gee sorry your cat is dead. And they knew I had the left over food and they never said send it so that they could test it, to make sure it wasn’t poison. I heard nothing.

And did you notice that their website used to say that they were testing for cyanuric acid. That seems to have been removed. Now it only says melamine.

And also they changed the line about having a representative at the plant. It used to say for every batch. Now it just says onsite to oversee production.

And where is the IMMEDIATE commitment to opening their own plant. Trust me, that isn’t happening.

I still have the food. One day I will have the extra money to test it. That day will come. Sleep well, Mr. Atkins and thanks much for responding to my email about my dead cat.

19. Katie says:

Thank you Donna for having had the food tested.

RE: CEO of Natura
    We have all been wondering now, for how long…., if the vitamin pre-mix all the manuf. are using - is the culprit. I suggest to the CEO that they test several samples of their pre-mix. I think they should retest Donna’s food. We all know how much food is in a production run - and how well mixed it is not. If they have production run samples, they should be doing multiple samples and should look for unusual items in the kibble. What is being done is not good scientific investigation. If we had done that with samples in high school or college chemistry - we would have gotten F’s. It’s the same old story: they don’t like their dirty secrets in the media (how none of them test adequately),than profits start to fall and people question the product so they do what they can to make their results look good and hopefully lay the “black cloud” on pet owners.

As an example: in human medicine, if I looked at one slide for malaria and called it negative; not only is that bad lab procedure but the human could be gravely ill with the disease. It takes looking at many slides. And the slides all come from the same tube of blood. Same holds true for a food production run.

It took a pet food crisis to enlighten me! My dog is a survivor of bad food - a different pet food. I wish I had a sample to test because: several bags had similar large hunks in the kibble, I thought it was odd…. but it smelled okay and I fed it. I put way to much trust into the PFI, thinking they did everything humanly possible to protect pets.

I’m afraid Donna will be waiting a long,long time for Mr. Atkins to contact her. He’s only into the PR spin.

Katie

20. thomas says:

I called them many times and asked if they imported anything from China . I was told over and over no, everything came from this country. then my dogs started getting ill. I am mad and feel betrayed!!!

21. Marie says:

Does anyone feed their pet Organix food? I am thinking of switching from EVO & Ca Natural to that. I too was swayed into thinking this food was safe, but my cat barfed a while back and am wondering now if this was the problem. Not sure what to feed them anymore. I feed my dogs wenawai which is 95% organic and expensive but who knows that that contains.

22. Jenny Bark says:

I agree with all of you. Do you hear that PFI ?

23. Ann H says:

5CatMom says:

July 24th, 2007 at 3:59 pm
    Just got off the phone with a customer service representative at Natura (800/532-7261)….Yes, some of the “supplements” come from China. And yes, they come with certificates of purity.

Oh joy, what comfort! *NOT*

Does anybody have the link to the letter the FDA sent to the pet food companies telling them that *they* were responsible for the safety of their pet foods?

24. Maria says:

Thank you Donna, and thanks to Itchmo for posting this…my newly purchased can of Innova cat food will be going straight to the garbage. I had planned to serve it to my cats tonight to see if they liked it, in an attempt to transition them from their current Fancy Feast canned food.

Home cooking is looking better all the time, but does anyone know of/recommend a safe vitamin supplement to use for adult cats? Maybe I’m misinterpreting some of the posts in the blogs, but it seems like some people are saying that vitamin and mineral supplements are also sourced from China, whether or not the manufacturer acknowledges this. Anyone know of, or using, a safe vitamin supplement for their pets’ home cooked meals?

Suzanna,

Very sorry that you lost your sweet dog. Good luck with your testing. It’s all very sad and very disturbing.

These companies tell us their food is safe, they do their own testing, blah, blah, blah.

Guess this ‘ol cat mom will have to go and buy a meat grinder. I’d rather kill ‘em myself than let these lying companies do it.

26. SmartCookie says:

Can any pet food truthfully say that NONE of their supplements come from China? I thought virtually 100% of our taurine comes from China.

27. NH says:

Okay so now I’m mad. I feed my dog Innova kibble as well canned. So what this thread is telling me is, Innova is poisoned? I’m so mad right now I could throw a brick. I mix Innova with 2 other dog foods. So now I have to throw out all of the kibble? I just bought several cans of Innova and now I have to throw that out too? B-a-s-t-a-r-d-s!

28. Ann H says:

You know what? I’m so tired of this, one day they source it all from the US, then they don’t use .. then they use…some really credible piece of paper we’re to believe makes it safe…

Safe is safe. Maybe safe won’t cut it.

The Midwest lab tests for 10ppm Melamine & cyanuric.. I take it that means under 10ppm is safe and wouldn’t be identified?

UCD tested for limit 1ppm of acetaminophen, less is safe?

Expertox had *trace* acetaminophen in the original test of the “chunks”.

Natura seems to indicate that the did NOT test Donna’s sample, but a representative selection from their retained samples..

Word games… our pets lives.

I’m done with it.

29. Golden Lover says:

Natura, I have called you many times about your supplements , vitamins etc. You always say NO when I mention, are they coming from China? you liars!!
    I am taking my pets off your crap!!

30. Ann H says:

Maria says: July 24th, 2007 at 4:36 pm. VITAMIN suppliement..

Maria check with your vet, today mine recommended that I get infant vitamins for Geneva… she’s seen her and knows her health and bloodwork. So, please, don’t self medicate with these, but check with your vet to see if it is an option for yours based on your animals bloodwork & health.

EVO for cats & kittens is going into the trash.

31. Suzanna says:

NH,

I also mixed my Innova dry kibble with THEIR canned food. My dog died. I still have the dry kibble food from a left over bag. I just don’t have anymore of the canned food. But I will be testing the dry food I have from the begining of this year. Too bad I don’t have any of their canned food anymore . . . I bet it would be a problem too.

I would stop using their foods if I were you. Trust me, I know my dog was as healthy as could be. My Vet even confirmed it, but he had no clue about the food recalls. She died within weeks. I hope I can help others and then her death wouldn’t be so in vain.

32. Roberto P. says:

I was under the impression that all of the counterfeit stuff from China, poisoned wheat powder masquerading as wheat gluten and RPC, DEG masquerading as glycerine had certificates of purity. We hear of vitamins tainted with lead and arsenic. Now we’re supposed to believe in these current certificates? BS on rye!

33. shibadiva says:

We would also like some answers on the other unexpected inclusions in Innova kibble - blue plastic, nylon (?) line, sutures? Are these production anomalies, urban legends or what?

SmartCookie,

Believe you’re right about that. The Natura rep told me their taurine comes from China.

[So why did Mr. Atkins tell Itchmo “that Natura no longer sources any ingredients from China”? Is taurine NOT an ingredient?]

Lots of stuff comes from China and elsewhere.

Which explains why these US companies MUST DO THEIR OWN TESTING and not rely on foreign certificates of purity.

As I told the Natura rep, ChemNutra’s junk had certificates too.

That “garbage in - garbage out” way of doing business is how the recall got started.

What a mess! What a mess!

35. Lesliek says:

Maria-Ann H is right,check with your vet.However alot of them are very anti-homecooked.You can add taurine by using canned clams. Snow brand is made[caught] in USA with no msg.Just rinse them because there is added salt.You can grind clean cooked eggshells for calcium.Most of the other vitamins can be added by using a small amount of lightly steamed fruits & veg.If your cats like slices ;just cut it very small. If they like loaf style;puree in food processer after mixing & cooking.

Marie says:

July 24th, 2007 at 4:23 pm
    Does anyone feed their pet Organix food?
    ——————————————————-

Marie, Organix is a Castor & Pollux food. Castor & Pollux has had recalls. See link:

37. Garyn says:

From an April 2, 2007, press release posted on Natura’s website:

“Natura has also instructed its buyers to utilize ingredients from domestic suppliers only.”

That statement was meant to have us believe that their ingredients were US sourced but worded so as to allow the supplier to source from elsewhere so long as the supplier was domestic. Things like this really tick me off.

38. catmom5 says:

That’s it for me! I believed in Natura and trusted them, I wanted to be able to believe and trust in them. Too bad because my cats really like the Cal Nat. Natura, you have lowered yourselves the the pfi standards and, as a result, are losing a whole lot of pet parents. I really thought you were better than that . . . I’m beyond angry!!!

39. Dennis says:

I suspect we’re (including the pet food makers) just getting around to discovering that this whole taint issue isn’t over.

Much of our nutritional supplements come from China and depend upon quality assurance tests. We’ve also seen that much of our spices come from there and also depend upon quality assurance.

I wonder if some companies overlooked carefully lab testing their supplements and spices that they may be adding to the food.

We’ve already seen companies relying on the word of others only to find that what they were told wasn’t true. And it mattered.

40. stray says:

Lesliek says:
    July 24th, 2007 at 5:11 pm

Snow’s is a Castleberry’s Brand. Different plant, but same company. I used some of their minced clams and later that day saw their expanded recall :-/ i have a couple of cases of clams from Scotland. Packed in water/no salt added. Just clams and water. What a concept ;)

Dennis says:
    July 24th, 2007 at 6:53 pm

the Veggie Booty contamination is believed to be from the spices/flavoring imported from China . . .

i’m pretty much on whole foods only as are my pets.

42. HalM says:

Does this really surprise anyone? Does anyone think Natura is any different from any other pet food company? ALL of them are only concerned with making the biggest profit possible at the smallest possible expense. Atkins is the spokesman, and what he says is classic ‘Corporate Speak’ (translation: Complete Bullshit). While it may be true that Natura will only buy ingredients from domestic suppliers, that doesn’t mean domestic sources. So now we find out that some vitamin suppliments use by Natura come from China, not the U. S. Wonderful!! Months and months of reports of contaminated ingredients coming from China, months and months of Natura claiming that they have the healthiest dog food in the world, that none of their ingredients are made in China….only to find out that, once again, we have a company that produces more bullshit than dog food!

43. Debi says:

5catmom, I use castor and pollux dry food, it is manufactured at CJ foods. I spoke to the man that, I guess is one of the top guys that run the business. I learned quite alot. For one thing 95% of the vitimins are sourced out of China, American lamb is bad, and American taurine can be found at health food stores under the names Nature’s life and all the nutraceutical products are made in the USA, as far as other supplements go. Going back to castor and pollux, rigourous testing goes into the foods that are labeled organic, even tho the dry food is only 70% organic. I don’t whats going on with innova but I will spend my money on this food until stuff cools down, if it ever does.
    Before anyone asks me what is wrong with american lamb, I will say it now, american lamb is known to have BSE, which is bovine spongiform encephalopathy, which is basically a brain disease. It is transferable to humans and pets. That is why almost all of pet food co.’s get there lamb from Austraila and New Zealand.

44. Ann H says:

When I first got the gritty EVO for cats & kittens, I looked at this:

Then I ordered their dry Rabbit kibble. Ling loves it, Miss Kitty still prefers the Orijen/Fromms.. Geneva, my problem furchild, now has the Chicken & the Duck on order.

They have a transition protocol page to help transfer furkids to the food (which I deeply appreciate as it will lessen the stress of the change for them/her):

I hope it’s not another yellow brick road from the Wizards of PR…

I’ll also be reviewing it with my vet and talking about the infant vitamin dosage, if Geneva decides she’ll eat it..ya’ll know how finicky cats can be..

45. Debi says:

Ann, don’t want to be a know it all, but the fromm’s food is made in China!

46. Ann H says:

Yup, I know, and I’m slowly moving her to Orijens off of it, but I still haven’t experienced any problems at all with the food, Fromms is one of the rare non-chicken kibble that Miss Kitty will eat (it’s salmon).

Here’s a recap of some, IMO, pertinent posts that have occurred in the forum on this Innova topic…

Debi,

Thanks for the taurine info. I’ll check it out.

Glad that CJ guy answered your questions. The more questions, the more information. The more information, the better the food buying decision.

CJ is a contract company not far from here, so maybe I’ll drive over and see their plant. Don’t know too much about them, except I believe they were involved in the Blue Buffalo cat food recall.

Here’s the link:

48. Maria says:

AnnH and Lesliek,

Thanks for your advice–I will check with my vet re: what to add to homecooked food. There’s no guarantee the furchildren will go for homecooked, but for my peace of mind I’m willing to try…I just want them off Fancy Feast, even though they like it. The one I use is Turkey & Giblets–no glutens, no rice protein concentrate, no chunks, no gravy, supposedly not made by Menu Foods nor ingredients sourced from overseas. And I wouldn’t trust Purina as far as I could throw them.

Am also currently feeding a little of Wysong Vitality dry kibble, hoping to transition to KumpiKat but was worried about its high grain content.

I too read about all of the taurine being sourced from China. At this point, I see no end in sight to this. I’d like to know how long the pet food companies have been doing sourcing ingredients from China–3 years? 5 years? Longer? How many pet deaths long before the official recall could be attributed to their lousy food?

49. MaineMom says:

To: Peter Atkins

Don’t bother about responding to my e-mail of last week re: Powdered residue at the bottom of the last two bags. I won’t be purchasing EVO ever again! Or any other Natura product.

From: PM Hill
    Lincoln, CA

50. Beth says:

I just want to cry. I have three dogs. They were on Nutro Lamb and Rice since the day they were born. They started barfing yellow foam. I got scared. I read labels. I read more labels. The rice protein, the rice gluten scared me to death. I weaned them off Nutro and on to Solid Gold Hund-n-Focken. They wouldn’t eat it. I returned it. I bought Innova Evo. They loved it, but my house smelled like a cess-pool. I went thru “weaning” with the change-over, but the EVO was entirely too rich for my older dogs. I finally settled on Innova Reduced Fat. I still have one of my dogs that won’t eat it.
    I have an epileptic dog and have recently started her on one of Brombeck’s “hepatic diets”, but am still adding 1/4 cup of the Innova Sr. My Epi dog on this last bag just got to where she can barely stand up or walk. Her behavior is NOT from her anti-seizure medication.
    With reading about what is going on with Innova now, I am questioning this food. Are the vitamins/supliments causing her problems?
    Something such as this should not happen because you have a new bag of dog food……
    Has anyone experienced similar mobility or muscular problems?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All