Innova Testing Results Posted By CEO Of Natura In Our Forums

Toxin tests performed on Innova dog food (by an Itchmo member) got more attention today when the CEO of Natura, Peter Atkins, posted their test results. Natura owns the Innova brand.

On Jun 4, 2007, Donna (Itchmo username PFR07PS) received test results on her sample of Innova dog food from ExperTox stating that it tested positive for acetaminophen and cyanuric acid. She was prompted to test for toxins after spotting black and white chunks in the Innova kibble.

Innova Kibble with specksShe paid for two tests. The first, performed on the dog kibble itself, tested negative for toxins. However, the second test, performed on just the black and white specks in the dog food (shown in photo) tested positive for cyanuric acid and acetaminophen.

The results found its way on to the ItchmoForums. Yesterday, the CEO of Natura responded in the thread with their test results — including a test of a similar batch of dog food from ExperTox. The sample of dog food sent in by Donna in May to Natura was not tested.

Atkins said:

Samples of both the retained samples of the actual production run for Donna’s food (the retain sample is a composite of the entire production run and does include a representative sample of Donna’s food, including a sample taken directly in the middle of the two samples that she sent us - i.e. Donna’s samples were stamped 2019 and 2022; our retain is time stamped 2021) and the premix used in that production was sent to two different laboratories for testing. As expected, both tests have come back negative for acetaminophen contamination.

He also continued on to apologize to Natura’s customers via the post, however Donna says that she has yet to receive a call from Atkins.

Atkins said although Natura is continuing to use Menu Foods’ South Dakota plant for their wet foods, they are still committed to building or buying their own plant. He added that Natura no longer sources any ingredients from China.

Donna’s full email to us is below:

I have followed the pet food recall very closely, mostly because I want to protect my two dogs as best I can. I thought I was in as safe a position as I could be as we purchased what is commonly referred to as a “super premium” dog food.

On May 3, we purchased two bags of Innova adult dry dog food. We opened the first bag the following week and fed our dogs a couple of meals from that bag. When we prepared their next meal we were surprised to discover some large black and beige unknown objects actually embedded in the kibble. These chunks were very hard and varied in size; some protruded sharply from the kibble. We opened the second bag and found the same. We contacted the company to alert them to what we found and even offered pictures of the foreign objects. The rep told me they did not need to see the pictures, but a few days later told us we could submit a sample for analysis.

We decided to obtain a second analysis from AccuTrace in Arlington, TX. This analysis was done privately at our expense. A few days later the lab called with the results. First, the overall test of the kibble did not detect any of the known toxins (melamine, etc.). However, the analysis of the black and beige objects yielded the detection of acetaminophen and cyanuric acid. I cannot explain how shocked I was to hear the results. The analysis was done with the GC/MS technique.

The black and beige specks are actually embedded into the kibble. There is no possible way someone could insert these objects after the kibble was manufactured and packaged. We do not take acetaminophen nor do we have any in our house. We purchased the bags at the pet store, opened them in our home and we are the only persons who had access to the bags. Therefore, it is our conclusion that the objects were embedded in the kibble during the production process. The lab has also assured us of their confidence in the detection of the contaminants of acetaminophen and cyanuric acid. To date, I have not been advised of the results of the analysis from Natura Pet, makers of Innova.

We do not believe the dogs had enough of this food to make them sick. However, starting in January both dogs were sick over the course of two months. It was sporadic and hard to determine why they continued to have tummy aches, refuse their meals, vomit, appear very lethargic, and the female experienced terrible problems with incontinence. I placed repeated phone calls to the manufacturer to determine if there were formula or supplier changes that might have resulted in a change in the food that might have upset their stomachs. I was repeatedly told, “no changes.” The only common denominator for their illnesses was the dog food. Unfortunately, I have none of that food to test.

I share this information to encourage others to be suspect of any and all pet foods. Do not ignore what your pet is trying to tell you. If they do not want to eat the food, there is a reason. If they show unusual symptoms or behavioral changes, check it out with your vet immediately. You must do your own research and testing to ensure the safety, health and well-being of your pet.

161 Responses to “Innova Testing Results Posted By CEO Of Natura In Our Forums”

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All

1. Aurora says:

This is all very frustrating to hear. About two months ago my dog became very ill after buying a new bag of nutro. I had used Nutro the entire time we’ve had my dog and knew that it’s dry food had never been mentioned in the recall. I mistakingly felt very comfortable with their products. After taking her off the food for 36 hours (doctor recommended) she started to get better, but I had the task during that time of trying to find a suitable replacement. After researching all of the companies carried at a local natural food pet store, doing taste tests of the samples they provided, and going through each ingredient in their foods one by one on dogfoodanalysis dot com, I believed Innova to be the best for my dog. Now hearing this news makes me at a loss of what to do next. I believe this batch to be good that I’m feeding her right now as she’s shown no signs of illness so I’ll continue to feed it to her. Honestly though, if you can ‘t trust a company like Innova, then really who can you trust? I hardly have the time to cook for myself, nevermind my dog, but if that’s what it has to take to build my confidence in her diet then I will. I’m just at a complete loss of how to make it balanced for her.

Need to correct an error I made in a post earlier today. I was referring to last year’s acetaminophen recall and typed in “600 million bottles”.

The correct amount is 11 million bottles. Very sorry for my error. It must be time for a break!

3. Ruth says:

5CatMom: I read both of the articles. I wonder what Perrigo did with the recalled acetaminophen?

Ruth,

My thoughts exactly. Seems like a simple question, doesn’t it?

Anyway, I just left them a voice mail message, so maybe they’ll call me tomorrow.

5. ~Martha~ says:

We cannot all afford to have the pet foods we serve tested, but, as Donna points out we can pay attention to what our pets are trying to tell us about that food.

There are many messages to and from Donna on the itchmoforum board … however, something happened to the site today that makes my browser unable to post or send PM’s on that site. If anyone posts to Donna today, I would appreciate it if you might let her know why I am unable to post to her there (as well as others on the site) myself.

~Martha~
    (I do not know if this is a permnant problem.)

6. Val says:

I had some Innova puppy food tested by Natura, my first mistake, I should have had it done on my own, at least I’d get the whole truth, and they found bright green specs of PLASTIC in my puppy’s food! She has had a number of health problems, and they want to just give me a new bag of food. I am very dissatisfied. And today she has thrown up 4 times! I need to start cooking human food for her, this is ridiculous.

7. John says:

Val, I think plastic is now part of the AAFCO standard.

8. Trudy Jackson says:

I do to. I found black plastic in My cat food.

9. shibadiva says:

Someone needs to slow down the production line and fish out that plastic that’s not supposed to be in there.

If this were baby food, there would be hell to pay.

But the plastic is the tip of the iceberg; at least you can see it. Someone commented earlier that “the pet food companies were the garbage disposal for the food and pharma industries”,

Cut out the middle man.

10. Lesliek says:

Ingriddd- In case you are not aware,when you see something in the pf that in not food you send it in to be tested for unknown toxins. They keep testing til they find out what it is. I know this because I had it done.The reason people use ExperTox is they set their test parameters lower & checked to make sure they could detect the toxins at that level.Contrary to what other people are saying that doesn’t cause false positive results,but could cause false negative results.And if this lab is so bad;why do the fed govt & Texas state govt use them. They are also certified by the FDA. As for Donna ;what does she have to gain ? She is not trying to get any money from Natura. She just wants answers. As do we all.I think you should do a little research before commenting.

11. Lesliek says:

Lorna- Thank you. He was bloated in the upper abdomin area. The vet exam didn’t show anything specific. The urine & blood tests showed strange T4 & liver #’s. The vet didn’t check for crystals or casts before sending the urine to the lab. I tried to have it redone twice & they did the wrong test. He showed total improvement after being off the Evangers for 2 days. I still have to have him retested. Right now we’re doing his big brother[lab/mix]. He’s leaking urine. Wish I had the money to test all of them & all foods,but I don’t. So we are on all homemade. It may not be perfect vitamin wise but it isn’t toxic !

12. MaineMom says:

Aurora - Go to kumpi.com and check out Evy’s test results on her foods or call her (303-693-6533). Foods are shipped by FedEX very quickly and definitely worth the cost in peace of mind.

13. Suzanna says:

So, what’s the best dry cat/kitten kibble food out there??? I’ve read so many posts about this but I couldn’t keep up with the BEST and not “complained” about dry kibbles for cats. Please share experiences. Thanks!

14. Ingrid says:

Those results were not posted by the CEO of Natura in our forums, but rather by ME!!!

Please keep your facts straight on this. I have used Natura foods for years and they have been just excellent. I don’t feel comfortable with their name being smeared without any proof.

Acetaminophen has no way of fnding itself into dog food! A physician I know writes:

“Tylenol is never used in animal husbandry or veterinary medicine, and would have to be added deliberately to animal food rather than being a “collateral” contaminant. I can understand barbs, antibiotics, pesticides, defoliants, fertilizers, various vegetable toxins and botulism, but not Tylenol.

15. Suzanna says:

Ingrid,

I also used Natura foods for years for my 2 dogs and they were good until the new year of 2007!!! Then everything went downhill! Something in the food was compromised. Everything I have read by other posters indicated the same symptoms my dogs had. Lethargy; incontinence; vomiting; disorientation, etc. Call it what you will . . . but there was something NOT RIGHT in the food. My Vet gave my dog a clean bill of health after a physical and a complete blood work, however, in a few weeks her kidney values went off the charts according to my Vet and even he was surprised. We had to put her to sleep because of it.

I’ll be having 2 independent labs work done on the food that I miraculously saved. We’ll see then what you have to say.

16. HomeGrown says:

I urge all to watch this webcast on the US-China Trade Relations. There are some Senators who have wrong information about the pet food recalls and who need to hear from us again! Here is the link:

17. John says:

Ingrid, that’s exactly what people said about melamine.

Suzanna,

Does your food have those bits like Donna’s food has? If so, are you having the just the bits tested, or the bits imbedded in the food?

19. Karen says:

I decided a few months ago to switch to Innova as the ingredients seemed so healthy. I had gone through 5-6 bags and had no problems what so ever. On my 7th bag it smelled soured and the kibbles were 2 different colors. I took that bag back to the store, and they gave me a bag from a different lot number. My dogs all had very loose stools and were vomiting with the bag I had returned. The next bag smelled the same and I had the same problems. Took that bag back and they gave me a bag of Evo. No problems with it at all bit am in the process of finding anther food to feed. I had contacted Natura about the problem and they sent me a form to fill out and return. Have heard nothing so far. Very upsetting as I thought I was feeding them good food only to make them all sick.

20. Don Earl says:

RE: Acetaminophen testing.

I agree with Itchmo. A bit of research is indeed waranted.

First of all, ExperTox has unknown toxin/substance scan capabilities, does in fact scan for thousands of substances, and is able to offer the service quite economically. If one is going to question anything in this matter, the question should be: With this technology available, why isn’t it standard throughout the food industry?

The simple answer to that question involves premeditated ignorance. With very few exceptions of the niche market variety, pet food is made from recycled garbage. There is a waste disposal problem of epic proportions created by 300 million hungry Americans. After decades of multi billion dollar Madison Avenue advertising campaigns, we have been convinced to solve the problem by feeding this recycled slaughter house waste and otherwise inedible garbage to our pets.

The pet food companies do not run unknown toxin scans on the resulting sludge that goes into the cans and bags they sell because they already know what they will find. By not running the tests, they try to hold themselves to a lower level of liability. For them, they see it as the difference between simple negligence, and reckless disregard and/or criminal conduct.

According to the CDC, over 300,000 Americans are hospitalized every year due to food born illness. 5,000 of them die. That’s comparable to jet airliners crashing into the World Trade Center every six months!!!

It isn’t China dear. It’s good old money grubbing corporate America that’s the problem.

Getting back to the tests, having isolated target substances through the unknown toxin scan, it is then possible use additional protocols to isolate the target substance and confirm its presence. In other words, acetaminophen was found, and then double checked to confirm. It might be possible to get a false negative, but positive results are reliable.

There are any number of scenarios that could explain its presence, but with the FDA cover up in full swing, any speculation along those lines is just that; speculation. You can get as creative as your imagination allows, from a disgruntled employee tossing in a bottle of pills into a vat, to International terrorism.

My two personal favorites are rendered lab animals, or illegal spiking of product with cyanuric acid that was cross contaminated with acetaminophen or mislabeled. Are those good guesses? Damned if I know.

What I do know is lab tests and my dead cat confirmed that unopened cans of cat food were poisoned with acetaminophen.

That the problem has been indentified in numerous brands suggests to me it is or was wide spread, and is most likely the source of the 4 months long pet food massacre. All of the symptoms fit, including the fact acetaminophen is orders of magnitude more lethal to cats than it is to dogs.

This Atkins person disgusts me. At the same time, I must say I’m delighted to see him so publicly showing his true colors, and letting his ego make of him a subject of well deserved ridicule. He quite obviously views pets and their owners with contempt, and considers us too dull to see through his slick rhetoric.

Would you buy a used car from this man?

I think not.

21. Ann H says:

Ingrid says: July 25th, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Ingrid, I believe you are using unsupported quotes as “facts”.

Usage of acetaminophen in veterinary medicine- It’s used. Dogs, Rabbits, Mice, Rats, Guinea Pigs, non-human primates.

I hope your posts and your quoted persons of supposed knowledge are not representative of the acuity of the university. Actually, I’m appalled at your posts and it is my firm opinion that you are showing that acuity may well be lacking.

One quick check rebuts you/your sources basis of argument:

Acetaminophen
    NSAID with minimal anti-platelet activity. Toxic in cats. Drinking water route has not been demonstrated to be efficacious in rats and mice.
    Dog, nonhuman primate Guinea Pig, rabbit…..
    and there you will find the dosage.

22. Donna Z. says:

This topic is making me sick to my stomach–literally. There WAS a time when there was NO petfood. Obviously, people made it themselves or the pets ate scraps. Since we all want the very best nutrition for our pets, we leave the job of making pet food up to the so-called experts.

Can someone tell me if it is a nutritionally viable alternative to make my own dog or cat food? Where can I learn how to do this? Because if I CAN do this, I WANT to do this!

23. Sandy says:

I still give him credit for posting and posting the test results. Sure I WISH he had tested the premix and Donna’s sample.

The thing is if he did and her sample came back OK clear of all toxins by the same lab…WHAT THEN? We would all call him a liar … I would think he would feel damned if he did and damned if he didn’t post it.

What if the lab was wrong in Donna’s report?? I doubt it is but am trying to show WHY his lawyers MAY have told him not to report any results on her sample….

Will I feed the food from Natura?…I doubt it and if so it will be with Evangers to cut down on the amount my dog eats…of Nautura’s foods until they do MORE testing.

Still they did do more than ANY other company as to lab reports and posting…..Still they creep me out

24. mary says:

first it was Iams dry,then science diet now innova,that these labs are saying has this stuff in it. I’m very upset because at this point i don’t know what the hell to feed my dogs. everyone is saying stay away from nutro,stay away from this food that food. the vet’s are telling us not to make home made food. i got the pups on cal. natural they love it. what state does Donna live in? i remember the Iams food came from denver that was tested bad. I’AM ONE SCARED PET OWNER !!!!

25. John says:

I’ll be switching my dog over to The Honest Kitchen, and we’ll see how it goes. All human-grade ingredients, all US-sourced ingredients, and it looks and smells great.

Donna Z.,

Call me crazy, but I believe that making nutritious home prepared food is possible.

All you have to do is identify the nutritional requirements, and then deliver the requirements. LOL.

After all, if the PF companies are doing it, how tough can it be?

JustMe created subjects in the forums. See link:

We could exchange recipes, publish a cookbook, maybe even start a PF company.

I’m betting that the ITCHMO gang is up to the task.

27. Carol says:

Ingrid says:

July 25th, 2007 at 10:01 pm

I’m rather confused—does this poster mean he/she used Atkins name and posted the “results” and it was not his words??? If that’s the case, is that legal? it certainly is dishonest and immoral if that posting was not done by whose name is on it!
    Itchmo — what do you think—we who have been here for months deserve to know if this response was a fake!!! Thanks

I believe Ingrid is a troll.
    After the last 6-8 mo. (tip of the iceberg), my BS detector is my best guide.
    TROLL.
    How about yours?

a troll is someone who intentionally posts messages about sensitive topics constructed to cause controversy in an online community such as an online discussion forum or USENET groups in order to bait users into responding.[1] They may also plant images and data on networks that others may find disturbing in order to cause confrontation.

30. Halm says:

It seems that Atkins has a different story for different forums. According to the statement posted here on Itchmo, Natura DIDN’T test samples sent in by Donna.
    ” The sample of dog food sent in by Donna in May to Natura was not tested.” - Itchmo

According to this posting on another pet forum, Natura DID test samples sent in by Donna.

“Natura tested both samples from Donna as well as retains of the premix used in that production run for melamine and cyanuric acid. All three came back negative (see the Midwest Lab test report). We also sent representative samples of the production run of Donna’s food for additional testing at UC Davis and Expertox; all of which came back negative.” - http://www.ourdogsonline.com/u.....Post125393

So…did they or didn’t they test the customer samples?

Atkins says that the specks and chunks in question are undisolved vitamin premix in the Itchmo article:

“Natura’s CEO said that the specks in the dog food are vitamin mineral premixes that did not dissolve during the manufacturing process — something Atkins said was “very uncommon”. He also added that the amounts of vitamins found in the kibble should not present any problems for pets.”

and that this was “very uncommon”

Here he says:

“If you’ve seen our food over time, you know that it is normal for some of the bigger pieces of the raw materials that we use to end-up being visible in the final product. Because our formulas include whole foods and grains, occasionally some larger pieces can make it through the process and appear in the finished kibbles. So, from time to time we do see larger pieces of brown rice, oats, flaxseed, chicken and turkey bones (remember that chicken meal and turkey meal contains the lean tissue and some bone and cartilage material), carrots, alfalfa sprouts, apple seeds, and on rarer occasions vitamin/mineral premix. This is normal and certainly not harmful in any way.” - http://www.ourdogsonline.com/u.....Post125393

Again, which is it…Normal or uncommon?

Finally, does Natura use vitamins manufactured in China?

One answer is here in the Itchm article:

“He added that Natura no longer sources any ingredients from China.” -Itchmo.

This seems to indicate that at one time Natura used Chinese ingredients and has now stopped.

In a recent call to Natura, I was told that they are not using Chinese vitamins, but will begin to do so in the future.

It would certainly be refreshing to get a straight answer from these people, instead of the corporate bullshit that seems to be the standard method of dealing with customer concerns.

One more point….

While I doon’t know for sure, my guess is that the reason for using Chinese ingredients is cost. Lets see….buy unsafe Chinese crap and save a few cents on every bag we produce. Wonderful…nevermind how many pets may sicken or die from our corporate greed.

I would GLADLY pay a higher price for my pet food…IF it was guaranteed to be produced with SAFE, WHOLSOME, U.S. PRODUCED, INSPECTED and CERTIFIED ingredients. Not crap from China or wherever. These companies, Natura included, do not have to cut costs in order to see a profitable bottom line. A few cents…or a few dollars….more for a wholsome product, produced by and honest company, certainly would not be an issue with the vast majority of pet owners.

Too bad these money-grubbing bastards don’t seem to understand that simple concept!

31. Donna Z. says:

5catmom,

Thank you for the forum link. I just discovered Itchmo yesterday and am now becoming aware of all the wonderful info that is found here!

Don Earl,

Amen. I know that certain entities (Big Pharma, FDA, CDC, etc.) cannot be trusted with the health of me and my children (I learned this the hard way), so what can we expect when it comes to the health of our beloved pets?!

32. LaLa Florida says:

I was just wondering why all the dog food companies seem to be using Midwest Labs for testing. This is not a kwinky dink for sure. Makes me wonder…………………

33. Ann H says:

Halm,
    It’s really important to read the lab test reports.
    It will tell you what they tested, what they tested for and the limits.

Midwest report did NOT say it tested for acetaminophen.
    Midwest LIMIT is 10ppm.

Anything less and they will NOT find it.

So, with no acetaminophen test at Midwest what do you think the truth is?

The amount for acetaminophen was “trace” at Expertox.

Off the top of my head I cannot remember the amount of cyanuric acid that was found with the acetaminophen…compare the natura reports to

What you most likely will question, since they seem to depend on Midwest for their testing–

IS under 10ppm is a SAFE amount of cyanuric acid and melamine to be in the pet food????????????????

Since that combination produced crystals in cat urine according to the University of Guelph, and was well documented, I wouldn’t begin to feed this again to [bold]my [/bold]cats - because I don’t want ANY in my pet food.

So, make sure you read and compare, because things are getting twisted and IMO, they are depending on people reading and not really looking at the details.

34. LaLa Florida says:

I think Natura is full of bullchit. They advised me about a month ago that they test for cyanuric acid and acetaminophen at their on site lab (at least that is what the trained customer service rep told me.

35. Ann H says:

In house lab? That is the first reference I’ve read. Has anyone confirmed that?

Basically, I think if you print the reports out, Natura’s and Donna’s and really look, you’ll have more insight.

Regardless, the 10ppm for cyanuric acid and melamine did me in as a customer.

Note to Natura: When you source ingredients from China (or elsewhere), you MUST do your own testing. Certificates are no substitute for rigorous in house QA procedures.

Natura is history for my crew. In fact (except for Kumpi), US pet food companies are history.

This afternoon, I called ORIJEN (646/415-8964) and spoke with Peter. Chinese taurine is not an issue because, according to Peter, their cat food contains sufficient levels due to the ingredients that are used. They test the taurine levels (but you should confirm this yourself).

This food is made in Canada by Orijen.

Just got off the phone with K9Cuisine, and ordered a bag of ORIJEN cat food. I couldn’t find the cat food on the website, so I called the toll free number: 866/919-2415.

Here’s a link:

———————————————————————————-
    Just a reminder: It’s important to know your cat’s health status before making diet changes. Please check with your vet before changing foods as the high protein no-grain foods may not be the best choice for elderly cats, or cats with kidney disease.

Here’re links to the Natura lab reports from Naturapet website:

38. Ann H says:

5Catmom… 2 of my cats do like Orijen and I’ve had not a single problem. It is one of the alternates I used to EVO.

Nature’s Logic doesn’t add supplements and depends on their ingredients for the vitamins too.

So, now I can feel better about rotating the Orijen & Nature’s Logic. (yup. check with the vet mine said the source of protein was also very important not just the amount of protein..and she recommended infant vitamins for my sick kid)

The best thing that has happened all week is that my sick kid accepted Nature’s Logic rabbit :) I could have danced last nite.. and the bowl was empty this morning when I went to give them their wet breakfast!!

Ann H,

Good for your kitty. Such makes you feel good when they’re interested in their food, doesn’t it? Hope he gets well.

Yes, that Nature’s Logic looks good to me too, but I haven’t had time to call them.

Just cooked up some stuff for my gang and they really enjoyed it. Lots of slurping all around. No idea how complete it is, just a few chicken livers with some brown rice, veggies and homemade chicken stock.

Will consult with a vet nutritionist next week and try to get smarter about the home cooking.

About Natura’s testing. I’m getting confused about what’s been tested. Don’t they still need to test the BITS like Donna did?

40. Suzanna says:

Ann H,

I’m so glad to hear your sick kid accepted Nature’s Logic rabbit! I know how good the feeling is when our babies eat the food we give them!!! Please let us know how your kitty does. It’s one thing when they like something to eat that’s made commercially . . . but it’s another thing if they do well on it. I sincerely hope your kitty does great. Keep us posted!

My kitten has been eating raw with supplements from www.felinefuture.com, but their customer service sucks in a big way, so I’ll be making the recipe from www.catnutrition.org from now on. My kitten is so doing great … all her allergies are gone.

41. Suzanna says:

Just to clarify . . .

Feline Future makes the same recipe (a dry supplement) that is outlined at CatNutrition.org, but FF uses dehydrated liver and adds gelatine instead of bones. In my opinion, the recipe on CatNutrition.org is much better and I’m ordering my meat grinder as soon as we get our bonus check from work!

42. Takami826 says:

does this include innova evo and california naturals? I finally settled on Evo for the dog and calif naturals for the cat, but if this crap is showing up in regular innova and they’re b s ‘ing about it… what’s left? Merrick needs to come up with a dry cat food already. they were supposed to but… guess I’m switching to merrick and dumping my stock up of evo and calif naturals tonite.

I haven’t seen anything negative with either the dog or the cat, but I’m not taking any chances.

Would like to see this very important topic back on the front page as Natura needs to duplicate Donna’s testing on the BITS.

44. ritchie says:

I am a breeder out in victoria and have been using innova for a long time…i have noticed by dogs have been shying away from the food….just recently a couple of them have been sick…at that point I checked the food after many vet visits…i see the black crystals in the kibble too…..i have spent thousands of dollars….i will never use Innova again

Hi ritchie,

Are you new here? Welcome, and thanks for your post.

There’s a thread in the forums “Problems w/Innova and Test Results” that is active right now. It’s up to page 58!

Here’s the link:

Sounds like your experiences would be very helpful to know about.

Of course, you can post either place, but the traffic here is down since the headline left the front page.

Regarding ITCHMO’s forums, there’s tons of other info as well. Here’s a link to the main menu:

46. Ann H says:

Here’s a link to a recap of stuff that was questioned (it’s on pg 43 but has been updated periodically as information developed):

47. JA says:

Someone said on one of these forums that there should be posted test results on Natura’s website which confirmed testing of their pet food product, I too was very concerned, after doing some research and the fact that the food has no grain, seemed to be a top notch pet food…..I did go to Natura’s website and if you click on About Us and then to the left click on Manufacturing you can click on and read all three test reports from Midwest Labs, another lab(sorry, don’t remember) and finally Expertox. These lab test results seem to be confirming NO presence of melamine, cyanuric acid, or acetominophen. I also noticed recently their new product bags have a posted white and black sticker with the words 100% guarreented no melamine or cyanuric acid. It would be nice for them to also include no acetominophen since that is what Donna was saying was found in her dog food, I have not seen her report to confirm this? nor have I seen any other reports about Innova or one of their other Natura pet products confirming any toxin found in the food????? I think that the only reason they haven’t updated the bag to say 100% free of acetominophen yet is because they just did the testing for that because of Donna’s web postings. I appreciate the testing that has been done by Natura so far. I don’t see any other dog food or even people food company doing it.

48. Ann H says:

JA in the link to the recap is right above your post. You will find where Donna DID compare the Natura tests which they published on the website and her test (which they haven’t posted on their website (grin) ) and info on samples - general kibble and the “chunks”. Along with the pictures, the PAtkins posts and test results.

49. janet says:

Wow, I have fed our dogs on Natura’s other brand California Dog for several years now. But we only do the dry, and this has me really worried. I will now examine kibbles more carefully. This angers me, after trying like hell to convert our cat to this brand too, it no longer is safe either? argh.

50. Robert Davis says:

Can they certify that their pre-mix or suppliments do not come from China? Not just “not sourced from China” since we all know you can source from a US company that gets a pre-mix with ingredients from China.

There are not very many companies that provide the pre-mix and from my understanding there are very few if only 1 that can certify their pre-mix not to come from China and as far as I know they don’t provide the pre-mix to this company. I could be wrong in my assumption, but I would like some clarity on this source vs. certification on the ingredients - those are two different things.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All