EXCLUSIVE: Lab Reports Cyanuric Acid In Unrecalled Dry Food

UPDATE: The company that tested the food requested that we remove the image of the report from this post after being contacted by Proctor & Gamble, the parent company of Iams.

UPDATE 2: We received a call from an Iams spokesman. We have updated the story with their response.

UPDATE 3: We believe the bags in question are located in the Denver area.

ORIGINAL POST: Itchmo has learned that a toxicology test reported the presence of cyanuric acid in an opened bag of what is alleged to be Iams Large Breed dry dog food.

According to the report obtained by Itchmo, the results have been certified by a forensic toxicologist. We have obtained a copy of the toxicology report. Iams Large Breed does not list rice protein concentrate or wheat gluten as ingredients.

In response, Iams says they are “fully confident” that no cyanuric acid or melamine entered their products. They also defended their “exceptional response” to handling customer complaints. When asked if they were testing for melamine and cyanuric acid after the manufacture of their products, Iams said that they were “constantly improving their quality control processes.”

We cannot stress this point enough: This test was performed on a sample from an opened bag. We do not know if this is an isolated case of contamination before or after the sale, or if it is widespread.

This information requires verification and we are asking for your help.

Itchmo is asking you to find an unopened 20 lb. bag of Iams Large Breed dry dog food that matches the lot number: 260608 70574173 F4 US30940 with the expiration date of 6/26/08.

If you find an unopened bag, please email us at tips@itchmo.com and we will provide further instructions. If it’s the right bag, we will pay for the cost of the bag of food, shipping and testing. There will be no cost to you.

If an unopened bag is found and tested, we will release the results as soon as they become available regardless of the outcome.

451 Responses to “EXCLUSIVE: Lab Reports Cyanuric Acid In Unrecalled Dry Food”

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 » Show All

1. Barbara says:

this is better

2. sandi says:

Ok, where is the info by Dr. Fox??

Sandi

3. DMS says:

22 lb bonus sized iams is in tampa, too…!!!

4. connie says:

straybaby:
    a dog trembling? Yes I had one. 7 yd old 70 lb mix. turned diabetic in january. didnt want the food, throwing up, bloody stools(bad). 2 vets thought she “got into something”(not allowed off leash or she runs away). sugar was over 600. No one suspected the food.Enzyme levels were “slightly high”, at the time. She would not eat for 3 days. I forced broth into her for 2 days so something was in her. After almost a week, she started to eat on her own.
    We have 2 dogs. one got sick one did NOT. They WERE eating Beneful in january, including while dog was so ill. one day both dogs refused to touch it. after 3 days of refusals, bag was thrown away(it looked fine). Since beneful was removed, no more illness of any kind(except the diabeties, now under control). THEN I found doggybling & itchmo about the bad food experiences.
    When wet recalls started, I removed all 21 animals off store wet, & all instances of UTI or vomiting/regurgitating stopped. Ive all ready stated that I saw a visible difference in coats & activity & general “feel good” demeanor of them when I removed store wet & cooked ckn leg 1/4s w/broth for their wet. All are doing well. Im finally comfortable with the dry I chose & my cookings never killed anyone :)

5. Ann Jackson says:

Thank you, Lynn, and all who have given me advice. I really appreciate it. I am looking into everything I can, believe me. Like you and all the other kind people on this site who love their pets so much, I would also do anything for Freedom. She is the first dog I’ve ever owned.

Freedom went blind in the one eye very quickly so she ran around the house in a panic, as if she knew something was happening to her. I think it really scared her, poor thing. Dr. M, my vet, told me the same thing about how dogs use their sense of smell. Thank you for reminding me. I find that comforting. She is lucky in one sense though. She has her own seeing eye person (me) to help her with what ever she needs.:)

I’m actually very lucky to have found a great vet. He helped me save Freedom. He felt so bad for us when part of her tongue was in the process of dying and falling off that he kept Freedom for the day for me while I went to school and never charged me a cent for it. He gave her a bath, fluids, fed her and looked after her but decided not to charge me for it. I’ve never had that happen at a vet’s office before.:)

Thanks, again, for caring.

6. EGB says:

Sandi, Here is the site for Dr Fox. It is scary stuff!!

7. Katie says:

BELOW IS EMAIL FROM IAMS IN RESPONSE TO MY COMMENTS TO THEM VIA EMAIL FOR PULLING THE TOXICITY REPORT. MY ORIGINAL NOTE IS AT THE BOTTOM.

From : Iams Customer Service
    Sent : Friday, May 25, 2007 5:44 PM
    Subject : Hello from Tina @ Iams!

Dear Katie:

Thank you for contacting P&G Pet Care. We are aware of the web blog posting on www.itchmo.com and we appreciate this opportunity to provide you with the facts.

The article posted on Itchmo is false, and is unfortunately misleading consumers. As you know rumors of this nature can happen from time to time.

P&G Pet Care has reviewed information on the chemical testing of the unconfirmed sample of dry dog food as reported on the blog site. Although the pet food brand tested cannot be verified because the sample was taken from an open unmarked bag, we take any reports of this type seriously. Consequently, we followed-up this rumor by testing retained samples of Iams Large Breed dry dog food from the very same product lot that was reported.

Based on expert analytical testing, we were not able to quantify either melamine or cyanuric acid in the retained product samples tested. Most important, we have no information from any pet owners of any health issues associated with feeding Iams Large Breed dry pet food; therefore, we have confirmed that there is no reason for concern about these chemicals in this dry dog food or any other dry Iams or Eukanuba product.

In addition, our manufacturing teams and scientists have confirmed that it is essentially impossible for melamine or cyanuric acid to get into a sealed bag of our dry pet foods. We are fully confident at this time that none of our dry foods contain any cyanuric acid or melamine.

If you have any additional questions, please call Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time at 800-675-3849.

Sincerely,

Tina
    Consumer Relations
    P&G Pet Care
    ——————————————————————————–

From: katie
    Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:51 PM
    To: customer.service@iams.com
    Subject: A consumer message from Iams.com - en_US, Email Us

[Comment:]ITCHMO recently listed a toxicity report of IAMS food and P & G contacted them to remove it. If it is the TRUTH, what right does your company have to work to withhold this information and possibly cause more deaths of animals? If there is subsequent corroboration of the tests with another sample, IAMS and P&G is going to have even greater liability AND I for one will suggest that ITCHMO make it clear that P&G took actions that suggest to me, the consumer, that the company does not want to be up-front with their customers. I used to feed Iams/Eukanuba, but I don’t anymore!!!!!

8. Ruth says:

I gues P&G and IAM’s don’t know what their product looks like. I have noticed that different brands of dry dog food each look different.

IAM’s I have called you and complained about the MINI CHUNKS. So don’t say that your product is safe. You should check it again and again from Dec. to March food samples.

9. connie says:

Has anyone heard a new set of numbers from the post card blitz doggybling wanted a couple weeks ago? The fda came out with 4100 dead 2 days before the cards were to be sent.
    Also has there been ANY new news on Beneful?

10. Trudy Jackson says:

Hi Kellie, i’m finally back again. I sometimes feel the same way as you do, that no one really reads My posts.
    But I did find the web site that says Tide has fiberglass in it–
    http://www.the7thfire.com/HG/m.....mHome.html I hope this works good. There’s a lot of info on the site. Trudy

11. Katie says:

Connie re Beneful ……any news besides the fact that it is not a very good food in general? if using it, you may want to consider some other brand whether it has poison or not. read the ingredients. corn is the fist ingredient, right? the only thing it has going for it is good ADVERTISING. a lot of dog people/groups are condemning it not because it is the absolute worst, but is down there BUT they have such great advertising that poor folks who love their pups get suckered into buying it.

12. Katie says:

i meant “poor’ as in they get duped by the company who makes BENEFUL, not poor as in with less money…..

13. connie says:

no. as in any news about them recalling it. Ive already had my go round with beneful. never again.

14. JJ says:

EGB thanks for posting link for Dr. Michael Fox. Read a couple of things on his site - he is awesome! I want to work for him, it would be an honour.

15. JJ says:

Trudy just tried that link for the fiberglass in Tide. It does not work so hopefully you can find out what might be missing as to why it might not be working? Thx.

I have read some stories here at Itchmo where a dog that ate Beneful died bleeding out both ends. Whether the Beneful caused this or not, I cannot say, only what has been reported by some people who were feeding it.

17. Trudy Jackson says:

JJ and everyone, i’m sorry, I can’t get it to work now either. when you get time look up- Hazarddous chemicals in home- on the web.
    For now- I hope this one works-
    You have to go down a little and then you’ll see about tide. so sorry.

18. juli28428 says:

Amy — “Maybe that’s China’s master plan? Kill our pets, we drink when we grieve, we all get cirrhosis of the liver and die. They take over our country.”

That is SO funny and during this stressful time, I had to laugh myself silly over the comment! But you know, it might just be true. It certainly sounds sensible to me, like an act of terroism.

I love this site — I come to it to keep informed and worry with others about their pets, and more especially the strays that are being fed commercial food. I don’t worry about my dog anymore - after the recall, I threw away the cans of Pro Plan and started home cooked meals for him. I was SO nervous at first but his vet said everything is fine with what I’m doing. It’s not always to easy and there’s a lot of kitchen clean up but I know what’s going into his body and it’s actually less expensive than Pro Plan. I buy lean ground beef, stew beef or chicken on sale (no pork, the vet said) cook it, drain the fat, add cooked pasta, a little rice, finely mashed carrots and cottage cheese. When he gets bored with that, I make a large pot of macaroni and cheese and add his vitamins. Instead of doggie bones, he eats peanut butter and crackers or cheese and crackers. This morning for breakfast, he had seven peanut butter and cheese sandwiches. I know that’s going to make some of you flip out but this 10-year old (rescue) 96 pound boy’s fur has never looked so good.
    It’s the feral cats that I feed which I worry about - they get Purina Kitten Chow and Friskies canned food. There are so many, I can’t cook for them all.
    This is too long — sorry.

19. JJ says:

Trudy thanks for taking the time to find that link - it works perfectly.

20. Ruth says:

I watched to late,late,FoxNews and saw a story on China’s gaining military power. Very scary story… earlier this week I read a story in the local paper about China buying into the equity firm of Blackstone company. And found this story on the web….
    preview.straitstimes.com/Latest+News/Money/STIStory_121565.html

Read it and draw your own conclusion….. not a pretty picture. And the greed continues…

21. Don says:

Did you know the LD 50 for cyanuric acid is 8 grams per kilogram of body weight? LD 50 is the dose that will kill 50% of the subjects receiving it. For example, a 20 kilogram or 44 pound dog, the LD 50 would be 20 times 8 grams, or 160 grams, or nearly 6 ounces of the stuff.

Table salt is slightly more toxic than melamine at an LD 50 of 3 grams per kilogram of body weight. The LD 50 of the crystals formed by mixing cyanuric acid with melamine is 2.5 grams per kilogram in body weight.

The problem with all the speculation about cyanuric acid, melamine, and related substances is that none of them are particularly toxic. Plus, the concentrations reported so far are way, way, way short of the LD 50.

For the lab animals killed in the Menu Foods tests to die as quickly as they did would require them to have been fed concentrations of melamine at least 10-20 times the maximum amount reported to be in the food. Once the animals were killed with super high concentrations of melamine, the bodies were shipped off to the University of Guelph so their lab could confirm the evil Chinese were behind the whole thing.

22. Barbara says:

Don,
    Are you in chemistry? That is interesting information.

23. Do You Feed Your Pet Iams? | Elaine Vigneault’s diary - blogging, technology, food, vegetarianism, animals, pets, travel, politics, and feminism all rolled up into one unique blog. says:

[…] Why do they want it? Because some pet foods have been tested and they’re coming back positive for melamine or cyranuric acid. These are foods that haven’t been added to the recall lists. More at Itchmo. […]

24. A. Sledge says:

DMS: I have a dog with a stubborn problem on the tips of her ears. Would love to discuss this issue with you.

25. JJ says:

Don appreciate the information. Had no idea salt was that strong. I sprinkle it into my carpeting to kill fleas as I do not use chemical laden products that would remain on my carpeting and in my curtains, mattress, couch, etc. Salt you can vacuum up after it suffocates the fleas and throw the bag out. Maybe someone is running a test for all toxic substances that would be in the pet food and can report to us what did really kill and harm the pets. One question Don - would not the melamine have a cumulative affect over time in a pets system since it was found in so many brands of pet food? Or another possibility could the melamine also have been part of the bags, pouches the food is packed in? Or some other chemical given off from the packaging leaching into the food? Appreciate any information you could provide on these questions. Thx.

26. k says:

Debbie 4747, I hear you and agree 100%; greed and lack of ethics is the cause of this entire mess, plain and simple. I suspect we’d never have known about any of this stuff if someone hadn’t gotten extra greedy and spiked the various cereal products with even more of the toxins than usual since the spiking has been going on for at least 15 years according to some newspaper articles.

I’m absolutely furious that our governments have apparently decided that serving the corporate sector is their primary role, that “we the people” don’t count for much at all, and that the concept of doing the right thing seems to have been lost in the money chase.

27. Iams Large Breed Dry Dog Food « Flamingo’s Lake says:

[…] the story here and check to see if you have an unopened bag with that lot number. […]

28. e wem says:

k says “I’m absolutely furious that our governments have apparently decided that serving the corporate sector is their primary role, that “we the people” don’t count for much at all”

That is it in a nutshell. When did this happen?

This is the same reason the Congress and President are ignoring the wishes of the people and pushed the amnesty bill for 30million illegal immigrants through this weekend. We the people are simply ‘problems’. The illegals are not even going to be required to pay back taxes. But don’t complain

China now has 1.2 trillion in extra American dollars to spend. One web site puts our national debt at 8 trillion. Yet the junk made in China is sold to us at American prices.

It started with Nike shoes. They had shoes made in Asian sweatshops for $5 a pair and sold them for $250 a pair. Even after people learned of this the price did not drop a lot.

I get really tired of people saying we will have to pay more if we want to go back to American made products. Get real. The middlemen are charging us American prices for foreign junk right now.

Why should the prices go up? They will go up only if the resellers want to continue to make obscene profits.

I talked with a lady whose family are farmers. She told me they were getting almost the same price per bushel for wheat they got during the depression. The middlemen are getting the profit. What did bread cost then?

Farmers don’t have much choice on who to sell to unless they have a truck farm and go through a farmers market.

This new pack of crooks have no nation. Their loyalty is to profit. Any human who stands in their way is a problem that must be removed, or dealt with or stifled (like itchmo). The last thing the big guys want to do is reform their ways.

What is a pet to them? A pet is a garbage grinder recycler that is owned by a complaining whiner who won’t get with the program

They would be happy to feed us a bunch of melamine to shut us up except then who would buy their crappy recycled Chinese garbage pet food? How sad to be torn between hating the pet owners and loving the pet owner’s purses

29. JJ says:

e wem says:

This new pack of crooks have no nation.

So very right and they do not deserve ours. In order to make a significant change we need to just stop buying this foreign made food, good, etc. No need for trade barriers, sanctions, etc. Let the stuff come here. The people just refuse to open their wallets. Buy american produced and made only. The crooks will have to do something. They cant force you to spend money so simple thing to do - don’t. Pet food sales are down all over and I have yet to see any of these companies making any type of announcement as to saying sorry for your pain and your pets. Why you ask? Cause they probably had full knowledge of this cheap substance among other substance’s that they buy cheap from foreign countries rather than support an american company that would produce safe ingredients and vitamins here, nah, poisoning your pet or yourself makes more sense by this cheap cwap thats added for fake benefits when only thing they are after is the almighty dollar. So stop spending that dollar and use it for American produced and made here so the jobs will come back home. Suppport your local farmers market as much as you can and hopefully buy more local and more organic as your money allows, I know I’m not well off and a lot of other pet lovers are in a similar situation. If we all hang in there we can make a difference. We have already with the pet sales being down and continue to drop as more are made aware of what has happened.

30. Barbara says:

e wem & JJ,
    Your both SSSOOOOO right! I only buy my meats & produce at the market &/or the small country stores around here. I know its safe for my family to eat. If I had a sure fire receipe for cat food that they WILL eat, I’d be cooking for them also. They don’t like what I make.
    Where can you get American make products here in Boyertown or Pottstown Pa.? It’s VERY hard to find anything made here.

31. terri says:

I had to do some research for healthy pet foods a few years ago for my white German Shepherd who was born with so many health problems. I am passing this link along to everyone because they produce this food locally in my state and I believe they have extremely strong ethical values. Sadly, my Shepherd died recently (though it was not because of the food) but while she was here Wysong pet food and education really helped to make her life longer and of better quality

32. Rockman13 says:

Kirsten Says: “The reason I think this is dramatic is because the sample appears to have tested *negative* for melamine, but *positive* for cyanuric acid. This is the first time I, for one, have seen this type of test result. Therefore, if companies continue to test for melamine alone, it doesn’t confirm that the food is actually “clean”, does it?”

True.
    Both melamine and cyanuric acid are possible additives that will give a false boost to the protein assay tests on the Chinese gluten exports. So, either one or both can be used to deceive the purchaser of the adulterated glutens.

Both melamine & cyanuric acid are considered harmless to dogs, cats & humans. It will pass thru the animal unmodified. However, two coombined in the same diet can form crystals in the animal’s kidneys causing the kidney failure!

The real culprits in this whole fiasco are the Chinese criminals that have been purposely adulterating their gluten exports to boost their profits!

See:

33. Itchmo » Blog Archive » Recall Update: Tuesday says:

[…] Iams Sample Search Update: We have located 2 bags. Thank you for all your help. We’ll release test results as soon as we have them. It may take up to a few weeks. Here’s the original post. […]

34. slt says:

Thank goodness someone came up with the matching bags. I completely struck out at the stores I checked.

35. doug says:

China says USA bargain hunters share responsibility. Absolutely! I buy materials all the time to build quality furniture for people. If I get junk I have two choices return it or pass the junk on. I return it and drop the supplier. This cost me time and money but helps me sleep and my kids respect me. IMHO the Pet food Companies new they were getting crap and they didn’t care. Menu and the rest of you, if disagree with me, then prove it. Publish all you testing records for the last 5 years. Pet food buyers should act just like the IRS from now, guilty till proven innocent. Your bed, try to sleep in it. We are keeping a list…..

36. Valerie says:

Don- This does not surprise me. I have 11 dogs of which I was putting a tablespoon of canned food ( later recalled) on top of each bowl. Just a tablespoon! I had yellow yucky bile barfing within a few minutes by some of them after eating. That sounds like it was very concentrated to me.
    It is so devastating that I trusted these companies. I’m sure my very old Whippet died from this even after switching to homemade and a quality natural kibble about 3 months ago. It had to be causing damage since it was in the food for so many months. No more bile barfing since I switched.
    “For the lab animals killed in the Menu Foods tests to die as quickly as they did would require them to have been fed concentrations of melamine at least 10-20 times the maximum amount reported to be in the food.”

37. Ownedby5 says:

You will find that it will reach further then the large Breed food. I was feeding the Tiny bites and the overweight as well. Since probably January, three of my 5 were throwing up stomach bile, eating grass, very loose stool ect. Then, they just did not want to eat it. After the news of the contaminated food broke, I stopped feeding them this and it cleared up within a few weeks.

I have 4 other people that were also feeding Iams dry some were large breed and the others were puppy. They were having the same issues I was having.

38. Phyllis says:

Trudy — your link does not work. I am using a computer at the university library and it is very up to date. I want to send the info to my oldest daughter.

39. Phyllis says:

Just a quick reminder for kidney detox — get some common juniper tincture made by Unda or Dolisos. Add a few drops to the pets’ water or put a couple of drops under the tongue. Cats use 1-4 drops a day depending on size. see thepetwhisperer.com for more information on Gemmotherapy. As a human, I use 25 drops 3 x a day, but when I was really sick, and on chemo, I used 50 drops. It does not interfere with pharmaceutical medications.

40. Itchmo » Blog Archive » Recall Update: Tuesday says:

[…] reported on a lab report linking Iams Large Breed dry food and cyanuric acid several days ago. Since then, with the help of our readers, we have been able to locate 2 unopened […]

Itchmo: Will you also test for acetaminophen (Tylenol)? Any results from the two bags sent in by members? Thank you for testing!

42. Itchmo » Blog Archive » Itchmo Reader Reports Acetaminophen In Pet Food says:

[…] we were breaking news of a Texas lab reporting cyanuric acid in unrecalled food, an Itchmo reader informed us that he had a lab test turn up positive for […]

43. Hannah says:

I’m not surprised that Proctor & Gamble (parent company of Iams) put pressure on the test lab to have you remove the test lab findings from your post. Why they would care is beyond me. It’s a known fact that they are one of the biggest unecessary”animal test” companies around. Peta’s been after them for years and they don’t seem to give a flying fig. As per all the other recall companies, the bottom $ seems to be all that matters. I for one have boycotted any product P&G manufactures (INCLUDING pet food!) and have been searching high and low for a “safe” food for my babies. My heart goes out to all of you that have suffered a loss or are in the midst of a crisis. We CAN make a difference. Pet warriors arise!

44. Rockman13 says:

To Don May 26th, 2007 at 6:56 am Says: “…The one thing we can be sure of is that we have so far been told a pack of lies that are part of a huge FDA and corporate cover up.”

You comment that it is all a pack of lies just now reminded me of something that has not shown up on any pet blog. And that is that not every animal has the same susceptibility for an adverse effect to something. Just as size, breed, gender and species all effect an animals reaction to something ingested, so to does age and health status. A pet with pre-existing kidney damage/disease could easily be killed by a poison dose but which would have such a minimal effect on healthy pets, that the healthy pet owner would never be aware that anything is a miss. Just as the deadliness of e-coli in humans varies widely between the young, adult and elderly or those with weak immune systems, so to could/would there be wide differences in reactions among the cats and dogs. Just ask your vet or family doctor.

The age and health status hasn’t been mentioned by the FDA, veterinarians or pet owners, that I have noticed. This could possibly explain some of of the unknowns that people are attributing to lies and intentional deceit.

45. Rockman13 says:

To Kirsten May 24th, 2007 at 3:05 pm Says: “The reason I think this is dramatic is because the sample appears to have tested *negative* for melamine, but *positive* for cyanuric acid. This is the first time I, for one, have seen this type of test result.”

By the very nature of the chemical process of extracting ammonia from coal, by which the scrap melamine was produced in China, cyanuric acid and several other related compounds are produced. The combination of these chemicals in the scrap melamine and the fact that the Chinese have an over supply of melamine is why this scrap melamine is scrap!

Since this case was an OPENED IAMS bag, and only cyanuric acid was found in it, these facts greatly raise the suspicion that this is as case of criminal food tampering on the part of someone who “has an ax to grind” with IAMS/P&G. These various pet blogs are full of suspects - I don’t mean everybody, just that there are a lot more than just 1.

Something to think about.

46. barb says:

Be careful not to look at the food as the be-all, end-all, and cause-all of your dogs’ problems.
    I see a lot of people posting things here and automatically blaming tainted food. You do your dogs a huge dis-service that way. It could be something else entirely, and you need to keep looking until you find out what it is. Don’t just assume that changing the food will fix your dog.
    Example, a lot of people post about vomiting foamy bile. Believe it or not, that’s not just common, it’s considered normal for dogs. It can be a sign of hunger, stress, acid indigestion (try pepcid), low blood sugar, or even swallowing a foreign object. Don’t just assume it’s the food. Sometimes changing the food will help, as certain foods take longer to digest and will alleviate the problem.
    As far as raised ALT enzyme, and someone said the vet said “its’ something in the food”, you may have misunderstood that comment from the vet. In cases of toxins, you will see not just the ALT but also the AST go up, and they go up by a factor of 5-10 times normal. However, with a raised ALT a lot of vets will recommend an ultrasound to be sure there isn’t neoplastic activity causing the mild increase.
    The raised ALT is a classic symptom of a true medical food intolerance, called inflammatory bowel disease (not to be confused with irritable bowel disease in humans) which means the dog can’t digest something that it’s eating. Over time, it can cause some serious problems. These dogs are typically put onto a single protein/single carbohydrate diet and then re-test the enzyme after about 6 months. Severe cases will require steroids and anti-inflammatories. The IBD can only be confirmed by intestinal biopsy. It’s not that uncommon in dogs OR cats. Symptoms can come and go, and include diarrhea and/or vomiting, mild or acute, depending on the severity of the problems. Some dogs have no symptoms at all except the raised ALT enzyme. Most common culprit is beef, second is glutens.
    Another thing is the raised kidney enzymes. Yes, it can come from food. But it can also come from a host of other problems, one of which in dogs is a low level of leptospirosis. That disease needs to be treated with a long term course of antibiotics. Sometimes it’s only picked up through elevated kidney values on a routine blood test….IF the vet thinks to test for lepto.
    My point is not that a lot of food out there isn’t terrible, nor is it that some of the foods are making pets sick. My point is, do your pet a huge favor, don’t just assume all their problems are caused by the food until you have ruled out EVERYTHING else, even if it means seeing a different vet.

47. gary says:

I am just enquiring, does anyone know if pet foods in the uk contain pentobarital, if so can you advise of which foods.

gary

48. Matt says:

I have a malamute. I have fed her the IAMS dry large chunks for years. I opened a new bag 2 weeks ago. Her health deteriorated immediately. She vomited, had the shakes, convulsed, and finally refused to eat the food. My vet pulled her from the brink of death after feeding her rice and soup and monitoring her for 4 straight days as she went through hell. Then she miraculously recovered (I had even told the vet that maybe we should euthanize her, she looked so bad). For 3 days she was her old self. Not realizing what was causing this, I decided to wet down her “good old IAMS dry food” and give her “her old favorite”. The food was the consistancy of mush for easy eating. When I put it in front of her, instead of pouncing on it like she usually does, she looked at me for about 5 seconds and then started to tentatively eat it. Something clicked - All her problems had started when I started on this new bag of food. I thought that if she got sick that night, I now knew the answer. That night was hell as she vomited, and had MAJOR convulsions and was SO sick. I had my answer. I stopped the food, went back to rice and soup and now am back on canned food and she was better in a single day. Coincidence? I don’t think so. I have a call into FDA. I live in the Denver area which fits your description. Unfortunately, the bag is open. Believe me, I’m not into scandals and such drivil - DON’T FEED YOUR ANIMAL THIS PRODUCT!!! I pretty much ran the perfect test, unknowingly risking my pet to get the results and the results were conclusive. Contact me if you want samples from this bag - I would LOVE to help put this to rest - and IAMS for what they did to my pet.

49. juli28428 says:

[…] China?????s master plan? Kill our pets, we drink when we grieve, we all get cirrhosis of the …http://www.itchmo.com/lab-reports-cyanuric-acid-in-dry-food-828Exotic animal ban one step closer in N.C. WWAY NewsChannel 3 …Submitted by juli28428 not verified […]

50. Depression A Misunderstood Disease - Anything You Need To Know About D. | 7Wins.eu says:

[…] ? Semantics Committee #1 -Post - Updated SundaysBirds & Bees in Utah County at Mormon MattersEXCLUSIVE: Lab Reports Cyanuric Acid In Unrecalled Dry Food | Itchmo: News For Dogs & Cats Tags &gt No Tags &lt This product is also listed in Health & Fitness Mental Health New […]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 » Show All