We mentioned several lawsuit related information, but now the AP is reporting that individual lawsuits won’t net much damage against Menu Foods and others because courts still see pets as property. They are recommending that people file a class-action suit. Some states do recognize the emotional value of a pet, and this makes for a complicated situation.
â€œThe factual variations in the cases will make it very difficult to form a class action,â€ he said. â€œWill people have the proof they need to trace the harm done to the animal back to Menu Foods?â€
Many more articles related to Menu Foods law suits after the jump.
- Class action lawsuits being organized
- One legal firm’s statement on filing Menu Foods class action
- All lawsuits against Menu Foods in the US
- Texas Attorney General is accepting complaints on the recall
- Our complete timeline of events and fact sheet
- More on replacement value laws
- Why Menu Foods may not go away
- FDA says Menu Foods won’t be liable for huge damages
Howl911 contributed to this list.