We all know that sometimes our dog’s breath may need a little freshening, so here is a homemade recipe for Minty Fresh Biscuits (recipe from You Bake ‘Em Dog Biscuits Cookbook by Janine Adams, a well-known pet writer):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (no, not that wheat)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons mint flakes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, beat the egg and add milk and oil. Mix together and pour into dry ingredients. Stir together, then knead to incorporate all the flour.
- Tour out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place on a baking sheet covered with grease or non-stick foil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tops start to brown. If you want crunchier biscuits, turn off the oven and let the biscuits cool 2 or more hours inside the oven or until they’re crunchy. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Enjoy! And hopefully your dog won’t knock you out with his smelly breath anymore.