Oregon Couple Files Class Action Lawsuit Against Menu Foods

SamoyaTom and Trena Whaley of Ontario, Oregon lost their Siamese cat, Samoya (pictured here), after she ate one of the recalled foods (Iams Tuna and White Fish in Sauce). She had major kidney failure, appetite loss and had trouble walking, so on March 8th, the Whaleys put down Samoya, so she could die peacefully. Tom Whaley contacted a Seattle attorney, Michael Myers, to file a class action lawsuit against Menu Foods for financial and emotional loss. At least 20 more pet owners will be added to the civil suit, as more pet owners that have lost their pets want Menu Foods to pay for all of their medical bills, emotional distress, and the needless deaths of their beloved animals.

5 Responses to “Oregon Couple Files Class Action Lawsuit Against Menu Foods”

  1. Pam & Theo says:

    With heartfelt sympathy I wish you all the luck in the world to make the people responsible pay for your heartache.
    Maybe then, they will be responsible human beings instead of doing business in the name of Greed!
    Meyers is a wonderful lawyer, I know people who have used him and say he is a fighter!
    Good luck & Blessings
    Pam & Theo

  2. Heather Anderson says:

    Contact me and let me know how to be added to your lawsuit. I live in Oregon and my chocolate lab Hershey is in the same boat. She is not improving and I will have to put her down soon as well.

  3. Valerie Pascal says:

    My cat Ashley ate some Special Kitty and got extremly ill. She is slowly coming out of it, but will need to be under a vets care for awhile . I would like to be added to your lawsuit.

  4. emmo says:

    If you would like to join the class action suit, go to Michael Myers website (he is the Seattle attorney organizing the class action suit): seattle.injuryboard.com
    You will be able to fill out a form to contact him or one of his attorneys. Good luck!

  5. Denise says:

    This is so upsetting. I lost my cat in 2004 and he was on Hills prescription food the light varity for his weight. he had been a starved kitty when I got him and became a little over weight so the vet put him on this. we never knew why he bacame so sick and now I think it could have been the food. I am so sorry this family lost that beautiful little cat. this menu foods needs to pay. when will they understand this are our fur kids and part of the family not just animals. I heard that Iams who test on animals in their labs fed their food to some of the animals and lost 7 to the posion in the food. they knew it was bad and still fed it to them. I sitll see people buying it. I don’t get it.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.


Close
E-mail It