Warning: This story may disturb some readers.
Jean Braley had to say goodbye to her best friend unexpectedly.
Her poodle, Buttons, was burned so badly that she had to be euthanized.
Braley said that Buttons was perfectly fine when she left her dog at the groomers, but when she picked her dog up, Buttons was in pain, lethargic, listless, and had burns all over her body.
According to the vet’s report, 60% of Button’s body was burned. Both the vet and Braley agreed that it was best to put Buttons to sleep because of the intense pain that she was in.
Braley then confronted Sandra Henderson, the owner of Pooch Parlor in Mauldin, South Carolina. Henderson said that she has never had a problem like this in her 13 years of experience.
She said she has done nothing wrong and does not use any heat in her grooming salon. She stated that she used the normal shampoo on Buttons that she uses on all of her other customers.
Henderson said she thinks the incident had to do something with the condition of Buttons when she arrived.
A local news team contacted the Better Business Bureau and did not find any other complaints against Sandra’s Pooch Parlor.
Braley said, “The only reason Iâ€™m doing this is only because I don’t want this to happen to their dog. I don’t want their dog to go through what my dog went through and I don’t want them to gone through what Iâ€™ve gone through.”
Source: WSPA (Warning: If you click on the link, please note that there are disturbing images.)