FDA looking into purposeful contamination of wheat gluten. Investigation is still continuing.
Recall expands on Friday. Plus more news from Friday’s summary.
FDA released their summary of the wheat gluten recall. Some key items:
- “FDA’s priority now is to assure that all contaminated product is identified and removed from store shelves.”
- FDA says they started investigating Menu Foods within 24 hours of notice. But it’s not clear what was done in those first 24 hours to save as many lives as possible.
- “Currently sampling 100 percent of all Chinese wheat gluten being offered for import”
- “Laboratories have conducted over 400 sample analyses, and to date have found 21 samples that were positive for melamine”
- “No evidence that any wheat gluten contaminated with melamine has entered the human food supply”
Senator Durbin on WGN Radio’s pet show on Sunday at 8pm Central.
Pet parents urge national change in pet food oversight.
News from Vets:
Reader tips point us to Dr. Michael W. Fox theorizing how genetically modified food could be causing the toxin problem.
A holistic vet shares his thoughts on video.