A 23-year-old Indiana man was found crushed to death by his 14-foot pet python.
Patrick Von Allmen had told his family that he was going to treat the python for a medical condition in his shed. He was alone with the snake for about three hours before his body was found.
A medical examiner concluded that the death was consistent with asphyxiation caused by compression of the neck and chest. The examiner stated, “When youâ€™re dealing with a wild animal species, you take on a certain amount of risk.”
Von Allmen’s family said he had at least 10 years experience of handling and dealing with reptiles.
The python has been returned to the family.