FDA press conference recap: (Transcript here)
- FDA refuses to name second US distributor of tainted rice protein concentrate. Fortunately Pet Connection reported this days ago. Chicago Tribune confirms.
- 198 facilities may have gotten tainted fish feed.
- Still investigating risk from fish.
- FDA refuses to give a reason for why a 5th ingredient was redacted.
- FDA warns their own staff about cancer risk when inspecting melamine-tainted foods. Meanwhile, public is assured melamine-tainted foods are safe.
- FDA censored a fifth suspected substance from the inspection list. Why hide it now?
- Melamine caused deaths in sheep a 1966 study.
Other recall news:
- We’ll be on Pheonix’s KFNX at 6:35am today on The Charles Goyette show (AM1100). Listen over the Web.
- Itchmo interview available on Pet Central’s “Petcast” Podcast.
- Castor and Pollux says melamine found only in Natural Ultramix Canned Feline Turkey & Vegetables Platter. Other foods test clear.
- Chinese officials to crack down on food makers.
- Canada also hit with tainted fish feed.
Need help? Want to do something to help? Go to our Forums.
Check out our fun and informative non-recall news below.