Two recalled added to the list:
More recalls may be coming today, according to the New York Times (reg. req.).
Senator Durbin asks pet owners to email FDA commissioner.
- FDA confirms there is a third importer of tainted pet food ingredients.
- 46 shipments are being held and not yet released.
- Tainted fish feed all consumed. Farms in Hawaii and Washington used them.
- All tainted products traced back to same 2 Chinese firms.
- FDA is testing pet food made in China…
- But relying on third-party testing for ingredients.
- CNN reports on the push for a single food safety agency.
- Human food makers ban Chinese ingredients. But may be a challenging task. (Reg. req.)
- China faces massive pressure to fix a system of cover-ups and lax regulation.
- Testing costs soar for Chinese food makers, Japan and Europe on alert for tainted Chinese ingredients.
- Pet Food Institute criticizes bloggers and says some were “off the charts”.
- Environmental Working Group seeks additional information from FDA on melamine safety.
Be sure to read our non-recall news for other important news and laughs.
Go to our Forums for discussion on what to feed, what to do, and meet great pet parents.
(Thanks Pet Connection, mike, and Mary, )