More recalls on the horizon? Menu Foods says ChemNutra was one of three wheat gluten providers. ChemNutra also imported rice protein from China. FDA has yet to test all sources.
(NEW) 45 people ate melamine tainted pork. We’re on the “verge of becoming a full-fledged public health scare.”
(NEW) CBC: Canadians start testing Chinese vegetable protein.
Recent Recalls. Summary at Recalled Food List:
- Harmony Farms recalls cans for cats and dogs and biscuits
- Mulligan Stew recall
- Canine Caviar recall (see link above)
- Blue Buffalo recalls all canned dog and cat food, plus treats.
- Natural Balance recalls more foods.
- Chicken Soup For the Pet Lover’s Soul recalled.
- Diamond pet food recalled. (See link above)
- Costco’s Kirkland brand canned food recalled.
- Lick Your Chops brand recalled. (See link above)
Here are 2 Things You Can Do Today:
- Itchmo Forum members are organizing a postcard blitz for today.
- A march will be held today in several cities. Join the march.
Other Recall News:
- FDA drops the ball on recent recalls.
- Feds raid Menu Foods and US wheat gluten importer (who also imported 440,000 lbs of rice protein)
- Did a reaction between cyanuric acid and melamine mix cause kidney failure?
Find Help in Itchmo Forums:
Popular Recall Links:
- Recalled Food List
- What to feed my pets: Cat or Dog
- Sign up for Itchmoâ€™s Pet Safety Alerts
- Have questions? Ask in our Forums