- 7th week since first recall. ASPCA: “Crisis not over.”
- USDA: Up to 20 million tainted chickens still on farms.
- Wysong backs away from it’s defense of Menu Foods.
- What does tainted wheat gluten look like? Look here.
- Chinese firm denies export to US. Or did they export “non-food”. We have paperwork that says the opposite.
- FDA corrects themselves and says about 4,000 reports of pet deaths were reported. Counting pet deaths alone has become a challenging for the FDA.
Food Safety News:
- House Agriculture Committee Chair wants USDA in charge of food safety. Will hold hearing next week.
- FDA pats itself on the back. USA Today disagrees.
- Alabama leading the way in Country of Origin Labeling.
- Related: banned antibiotics found in fish.
Spread the word:
- Have your own site? Use this badge to direct readers to this list.
- Tell others to sign up for our Pet Safety Alert email.
- Vote for us. Tell the world about Itchmo.
Find Help in Itchmo Forums
- Talk to other pet owners about what to feed, what’s safe, what to do.
Non-Recall News: Read our other daily posts below.
(Thanks SusanUnPC and Offy)