Updated throughout the day:
Who Else is Using Wilbur-Ellis Rice Protein?
- Wilbur-Ellis recalls all rice protein. Urges pet food makers to do the same. We expect them to do so, soon.
- Rice protein concentrate shipped to Diamond Pet Foods plus 4 others. They are located in Utah, NY, Kansas and 2 in Missouri.
- Itchmo readers making a list of foods containing rice protein.
- Vets working on a list of suspected contaminated foods.
- Natural Balance asks their customers to stay away from all rice protein concentrate.
The Source, The Cause and The Motive:
- Pet food investigation turning into fraud probe.
- Tainted rice protein from a different Chinese firm.
- China “blocked requests” from FDA to send inspectors there.
- Melamine possibly contaminated via “dirty bag”.
- US supplier says one bag was marked “melamine” out of 146.
Other Recall News:
- ASPCA: Crisis far from over. FDA must ID “all the contaminants”.
- Sen. Durbin (D-IL) pushing to consolidate all federal food safety responsibilities into one agency.
- P&G “vows more control” over Menu Foods ingredients. We reported on Iams’ new “promise” campaign here.
Popular Recall Links:
- Recalled Food List
- What to feed my pets: Cat or Dog
- Sign up for Itchmoâ€™s Pet Safety Alerts
- Have questions? Ask in our Forums
(Thanks to many reader tips)