- FDA warns their own staff about cancer risk when inspecting melamine-tainted foods. Pregnant staff are not allowed to inspect it. Meanwhile, public is assured melamine-tainted foods are safe.
- FDA censored a fifth suspected substance from the inspection list. [Edited]
- Melamine caused severe illnesses and deaths in sheep in South African study.
A call to pet food makers. If your previously recalled food has tested clean, please let us know and we can announce it on this site. Email us at email@example.com so that we can verify your claims.
Other recall news:
- We “just got lucky this time,” says chairman of the House Agriculture Committee. FDA says a single agency for protecting food is not the answer.
- USA Today describes how different pet food makers checked on their manufacturers.
- Two fish feed makers sold melamine-tainted feed to US fish farms. One company also sells pet food ingredients.
- Encyclopedia Britannica writes an excellent overview of the pet food recalls.
Need help? Want to do something to help? Go to our Forums.
Check out our fun and informative non-recall news below.
(Thanks Pet Connection)