Pet Food Testing Update:
- Lab says toxin found in sealed, unrecalled Science Diet Adult Light canned dog food.
- Other lab reports contradict Expertox results and questions still linger.
Testing Your Own Pet Food?
- 84% of Americans say they are familiar with pet food recall.
- Menu Foods restores non-recall information on their site.
- Menu Foods stock drops 23% after losing large order — likely P&G.
Food Safety News:
- FDA issues “urgent” recall notice for toothpaste. Full recall release after the jump.
- Toothpaste manufacturer also makes pet toothpaste.
- China downplays food safety issues.
- Ex-Chinese drug official appeals death sentence.
Add Itchmo New To Your Site: Keep other pet owners informed with recalls and other pet news with our widget (see the right side and click “Get Widget”). The widget will update automatically with the latest headlines.
(Thanks E.Hamilton and ticocats)
Urgent Voluntarily Nationwide Recall of Toothpaste
Peter Quinter, Esq.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — Hallandale, FL — June 8, 2007 — Gold City Enterprise LLC, Hallandale, Florida, is initiating a nationwide recall in accordance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the toothpaste made in China involving:
- Lot #777A â€“ SHIR FRESH MINT FLUORIDE 9 oz UPC # 859750001023
- Lot #777B â€“ SHIR FRESH MINT FLUORIDE PASTE 9 oz UPC # 859750001016
- Lot #777C â€“ SHIR FRESH MINT FLUORIDE 9 oz UPC # 859750001023
- Lot #777D â€“ SHIR FRESH MINT FLUORIDE PASTE 9 oz UPC # 859750001016
- Lot #2471A- SHIR FRESH ICE SHIR MINT FLUORIDE TOOTHPASTE 6.4 oz., UPC # 859750001092
- Lot #2471B- SHIR FRESH COOL SHIR MINT FLUORIDE TOOTHPASTE 6.4 oz. UPC # 859750001115
This recall has been initiated because the products may contain the poisonous chemical diethylene glycol (DEG). DEG is used in antifreeze and as a solvent, and is a Central Nervous System depressant and potent kidney and liver toxin.
PLEASE RETURN ALL PRODUCTS IMMEDIATELY TO THE STORES WHICH YOU PURCHASED THEM.
CONSUMERS WHO HAVE THE PRODUCTS SHOULD STOP USING/ RETURN / THROW AWAY.
Retailers immediately examine your inventory and quarantine product subject to recall. In addition, if you may have further distributed this product, please identify your customers and notify them at once of this product recall. Your notification to your customers may be enhanced by including a copy of this recall notification.
This voluntarily nationwide recall is being made with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. No injuries or illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
Adverse Reactions or quality problems experience with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or fax.
Regular Mail: use postage-paid FDA form 3500 available at www.fda.gov/MedWatch/getforms
Mail to MedWatch 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787