Updated throughout the day.
- Menu Foods expands recalls more food — after FDA says no more recalls.
- Chinese wheat gluten supplier may have also purchased melamine. (Thanks mike)
- Cornell scientists say, more toxins suspected, but not yet identified.
- Itchmo’s forums now open for discussion.
- Nutro says, don’t buy any of their wet products containing wheat gluten.
- Menu Foods CFO dumped shares 3 weeks before recall.
- These charities can help with mounting vet bills.
- Royal Canin recalls one
brand formula sold in Canada due to expanded recall.
- Canadian victims asked to contact CFIA’s Hugh Baker (info after the jump)
Canadians who wish to report that their pet has been made ill by the contaminated pet food can leave a message at CFIA vet Hugh Baker’s regular office number:
or at his CFIA e-mail address at
If possible he would like to know
- the owner’s name
- the owner’s telephone number
- the owner’s location (City and Province)
- the species and gender of the pet
- whether the pet has died or is surviving
- the name of the veterinary clinic involved
- the type of food implicated
- where the pet food was purchased
Any combination of those details will be acceptable, as he does not want to discourage people who feel uncomfortable providing certain information, but at least the details in bold should be given.
So far CFIA will be unable to do anything immediate for them, but the collection of information MAY be the first step to a constructive response.
Dr. Hugh Baker
Veterinary Program Officer - Exports
Canadian Food Inspection Agency / Agence canadienne d’inspection des
Toronto Regional Office
1124 Finch Avenue West
Toronto, Ontario M3J 2E2
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
web address: http://www.inspection.gc.ca