With acetaminophen being found in some pet food samples, many pet owners are concerned about the effects of acetaminophen in their pets.
Here are some resources on the effects of acetaminophen in cats and dogs after the jump.
- General information about acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen Toxicity in Dogs (includes symptoms, diagnosis, treatment)
- Acetaminophen Toxicity in Cats (includes symptoms, diagnosis, treatment)
- Diagnosis of acetaminophen toxicosis in a cat
- Common Cat Toxicities (including acetaminophen)
- More symptoms and clinical signs and information about acetaminophen toxicity in cats
Here are some of the symptoms of acetaminophen toxicity in cats and dogs:
- Stage 1: Vomiting, difficulty breathing, development of brown-colored gums, drooling
- Stage 2: Swelling of the face, limbs, lips, uncoordinated movements, convulsions, coma
- Stage 3: Liver failure, painful belly, jaundice, an inapproriate mental state