UPDATE: Menu Foods expands they recall to include dozens of new brands in US and Canada. Schnuck’s is included in that list.
Schnuck’s is recalling additional foods not on the Menu Foods recall list (as of 4:45pm Pacific) due to melamine. Schnucks indicates that Menu Foods has expanded their recall, yet again. We just read about PetSmart’s multi-brand recall expansion.
This expansion covers Schnucks Select Canned Dog and Cat Food.
We repeat our advice to avoid entire brands of food, not just UPCs. due to patterns of expanding recalls.
Full list after the jump.
Schnucks and Logli customers in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Tennessee and Mississippi are asked to check for the following Schnucks pet food products with a sell-by date between Nov/08/09 and Mar/07/10:
Schnucks Select Canned Dog Food:
- 3-oz. Sliced Tuna and Gravy UPC: 41318-07108
- 13.2-oz. Beef Liver Cuts and Gravy UPC: 41318-07118
- 13.2-oz. Country Stew and Gravy UPC: 41318-07123
- 13.2-oz. Chicken Cuts and Gravy UPC: 41318-07121
- 22-oz. Chopped Beef UPC: 41318-07147
- 22-oz. Beef Cuts and Gravy UPC: 41318-07146
Schnucks Select Canned Cat Food:
- 5.5-oz. Turkey and Gravy UPC: 41318-07087
- 5.5-oz. Sliced Beef and Gravy UPC: 41318-07099
- 5.5-oz. Chicken and Gravy UPC: 41318-07102
(Thanks to reader comments)