With all of the presidential candidates, do you wonder who has a pet and who doesn’t? Not like that would persuade you to vote for him/her, but you might just be interested in who has a soft spot for our furry friends.
The front runner in the race for pet ownership among the presidential candidates is Sen. John McCain. He has an assortment of 22 pets.
The rest of the list of presidential candidates and their pets after the jump.
- Senator Barack Obama: Has no pets but is apparently fielding pressure from his daughters to get a dog if he wins the election.
- Delaware Senator Joe Biden: 1 cat.
- New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton: “Seamus, our Lab.”
- Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd: None, because of family’s allergies. Would like a dog.
- Former North Carolina Senator John Edwards: Golden retriever and chocolate Lab.
- Ohio Representative Dennis Kucinich: Pound-rescues Harry the beagle-basset, Lucie the beagle and George the cocker spaniel
- New Mexico Governor. Bill Richardson: Cats Jake and Squeaky.
- Kansas Senator Sam Brownback: Two dogs, two cats and a fish.
- Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani: None.
- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: Jet the 9-year-old black Lab, Sonic the 1 1/2-year-old Shih Tzu.
- California Representative Duncan Hunter: Two black Labs, Boo and Hunter.
- Arizona Sen. John McCain: Sam the English springer spaniel, Coco the mutt, turtles Cuff and Link, Oreo the black and white cat, a ferret, three parakeets and 13 saltwater fish.
- Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney: Family recently lost Marley, a Weimaraner.
- Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo: No longer has a pet.