UK pet owner Elizabeth Afzal was about to serve her Yorkie, Bonnie, a Morrisons My Dog snack. She stopped when she noticed a blue stain running through the food.
Afzal said that the seal on the container wasn’t broken. When she opened it, she could tell the food was contaminated because there was blue dye all over the food. She didn’t think it was mold either.
She took the container back to Morrisons, the supermarket that she bought the pet snack from. Afzal said that the supermarket assured her that someone would contact her within two weeks. That was in April, and Morrisons still hasn’t told her what the problem was with Bonnie’s food.
Afzal has received three letters from Morrisons saying that they don’t know what the problem is. They explained that their food comes from a supplier and they have to wait for a response from the supplier.
From Paisley Daily Express:
One letter Mrs Afzal received from Morrisons read: â€œWe are still pursuing your complaint with our suppliers and, as yet, are unable to bring the matter to a conclusion.â€
The fed-up Paisley mum, whose daughter Yasmin is horrified by the thought of anything bad happening to Bonnie, said: â€œItâ€™s just not good enough. I want some answers.â€
Mrs Afzal said seven-year-old Bonnie was used to eating My Dog â€“ a meaty snack â€“ but, following the contamination scare, the pooch has been put on dry food for the time being.
A spokeswoman for Morrisons told the Paisley Daily Express: â€œWe regret the length of time it has taken to fully investigate this matter but this has been mainly due to the thoroughness of our inquiries with the supplier.
â€œWe are in the process of writing to Elizabeth Afzal to update her on our findings and apologize for the delay.
â€œOur production processes ensure that products go through stringent procedures and these are reviewed regularly.â€