The FDA and the USDA have concluded that melamine-tainted food that was fed to poultry , fish and pork posses little risk to the public’s health. Now, they are asking for your feedback on the decision-making process that led to that report.
Comments to the Federal Register associated with the FSIS issuance must be received by Aug. 28, 2007.
Read the full decisions and where to send your feedback after the jump.
- Decisions of the Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service is online at www.fsis.usda.gov/OPPDE/rdad/FRPubs/2007-0018.pdf (PDF, 78 Kb).
- FDA’s safety/risk assessment is available at www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/07n-0208-ra00001.pdf (PDF, 145 Kb).
Sending in your comments:
- Comments to the Federal Register associated with the FSIS issuance must be received by Aug. 28, 2007.
- Submissions must include the agency name and docket number FSIS-2007-0018.
- Comments may be submitted through the Federal eRulemaking Portal at www.regulations.gov; by mail, to Docket Clerk, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service, 300 12th St. SW, Room 102 Cotton Annex, Washington, DC 20250; or e-mail, FSIS.RegulationsComments@usda.gov.
- Comments will also be posted on the FSIS Web site at www.fsis.usda.gov/.