A major fire broke out at the Jasmine Veterinary Clinic Thursday afternoon while a veterinarian was performing spay surgery on a dog.
Mark Jasmine, the veterinarian, was in the middle of an operation when he heard his son alerting him of a fire in the building. His family, who lives upstairs in the apartment above the clinic, was able to get out safely.
In the clinic, there were two animals inside: the dog that Jasmine was performing surgery on, and a cat. Jasmine ran out with the dog and put him in the car, and then he ran back inside the clinic to rescue the cat, and put the cat in another car.
He then finished up the spay surgery on the dog outside while firefighters were taming the flames.
No one was injured in the fire.