The list of pet owners who claim that their dogs have died after eating Chicken Jerky Strips bought from Wal-Mart continues to grow. Dolores Cole is another pet owner that is distraught over her dog’s death.
Cole blames her five-year-old Yorkie’s death on Bestros Chicken Jerky Strips from Wal-Mart. She said Wal-Mart should have pulled the treats sooner than July 26th.
Her local animal hospital could not confirm that the treats caused her dog’s sudden kidney failure. Cole is extremely saddened over her death because her dog helped her with the pain of her recent daughter’s death.
She does not want extra compensation for her pain and suffering. She simply wants Wal-Mart to pay her for the $1,200 in vet bills that she has.
Cole said the Wal-Mart manager offered her a refund of $6.97 instead.
“After all she went through. She went through surgery. They cut her open. They had to put a scope down her. It’s like someone taking you and ripping your heart out and saying it is only worth $6.97,” Cole said.
There has still been no official recall of the Chicken Jerky Strips. After initial testing, Wal-Mart said that 17 of their tests done on the dog treats showed there were small amounts of melamine found. Since the amounts were small, they are doing further testing.